Chapter 2

I Am A Monster!

 

Even though I have open up my heart for ajusshi, I still isolate myself from other people. The maid, the butler, the cook… No one… I stayed in my room all day and all night. The only thing I have with me is my phone. What scare me the most is my personality, it’s like bipolar, but it’s far worse than that. I feel like I’m becoming more like an animal. What am I?

“Miss Haera?” The maid knocked on my door.

“Go away!” I growled at her.

“Master is here to see you.”

“Go away! I don’t want to see anyone.” I said.

“Haera, open the door! What’s wrong with you?” Ajusshi asked.

“Go away! I’m not what I used to be!” I said.

“Master, I think it is the best to let her calm down first. It’s hard for her accept this.” The butler said.

“But she was alright yesterday evening! I don’t understand what the formula has done to her…” Ajusshi said.

“Master…”

“It’s alright… Ask the kitchen to prepare for dinner, but only Haera’s.”

“You’re not eating again, Master?”

“I don’t feel like it.”

I crouch in a corner of my room. I’m scared… I’m scared of myself, the monster inside of me. Why does this have to happen to me? What if I can’t go back? What will my parents say? Will they miss me? Even though ajusshi said he will try his best to cure me, but I’m still afraid. I cried, quietly in the corner.

My tears are red, just like blood. I was shocked, what is this? My white dress was drenched in red blood. I miss my friends and my parents, and Seoul! Suddenly my phone rang, its mum! Of course they would be worry about me, I should be at home last week but how am I supposed to go home now? I’m not in a good condition; I stared at the screen and answered.

“Yeobosseyo? Mum?”

“Haera! Where have you been? Aren’t you supposed to be at home now?”

“Mum… I…” I started crying again.

“What’s wrong? Is everything alright? Where are you?” Oh no, I can’t tell my mum that I’m now a monster! She would be worried sick!

“Everything is fine! Just that the stress of not finishing my work is building up.” I lied.

“Ah… You scared me there. Don’t worry dear, just finish up and come back whenever you want okay?”

“Okay mum… I love you.” I said.

“Hey… I love you too.”

“Bye…”

“Bye.” And I hung up. I cried harder after I hang up the phone.


“Appa!” Wait… Is that… Sehun oppa’s voice? He’s supposed to come back today? I can’t let him see me like this!

“Aigoo my son is back! So how was the convention?” I can hear ajusshi said.

“It was great and everything went well. Oh ya! I heard you said that cousin Haera is here. Where is she?” He asked.

“I think it’s best for you to not see her now. She’s sick.” Ajusshi said.

“Sick? I should go look at her.” What? Oh god! Where should I hide? In the closet? Under the bed? !

 “Haera? I’m back! Did you miss me?” He came in suddenly without knocking. I hid under the blanket just in time.

“Are you sleeping?” He said. And I ignored him. “Hey don’t ignore me!”

He tried pulling down the blanket but I hold on it tight.

“Stop playing with me and let go.” He said.

“No!”

“Hey! You’re not asleep!” He said and he continued playing ‘tug-of-war’ with me.

“Let go oppa! I’m not fit to see you!” I said.

“Come on!” He said and gives a final tug. He manages to pull away the blanket. I hurriedly crouch down and hide my face.

“Hey, you’re hair grew so long! And you dyed it? Cool… Wait... Your skin color... Haera, what’s wrong?” He asked.

“Get out!” I said.

“Haera, you’re scaring me!”

I glared at him. He backed off when he saw my green eyes and white face.

“I said get out!” I shouted.

“Haera! What’s wrong? Your eyes… They’re green… Your skin… Haera! Answer me!”

“Get out! Get out!” I said and pushed him out.

“Haera! Open the door! Haera!” He keep knocking on my door.

“Go away! I don’t want to see you anymore!”


Sehun’s Point Of View

Ahh… It’s so great to be home. The fresh air, the green grass the old mansion. Dad said that cousin Haera is here, I can’t wait to see her. I miss her.

“Appa!” I felt so happy seeing my dad after such long time.

“Aigoo my son is back! So how was the convention?” Dad aked.

“It was great and everything went well. Oh ya! I heard you said that cousin Haera is here. Where is she?” I asked him.

“I think it’s best for you to not see her now. She’s sick.” Dad said.

“Sick? I should go look at her.”  I said. “Haera, I’m back! Did you miss me?”

She ignored me. That’s weird, she usually would come and give me high five if everytime we see each other. Ah… She’s on the bed. I started tugging her blanket and when she let go, I was shocked.

He eyes were green, with red trials down her face. He skin was pure white, and her hair, was long and white. What happened to her? I asked her but she only shouted at me and pushed me out.

“Appa… What’s wrong with Haera?” I asked. Dad told me everything and I was shocked.

“Is there a cure?” I asked.

“I’m afraid not... Well… I haven’t found one… So…”

“Appa… What should we do?” I asked.

“I don’t know my son… I don’t know…”