Chapter 10

I Am A Monster!

 

It was a nice and sunny day, I decided to go out for a while. To walk around town, maybe greet the people living around here. It was a small and peaceful town, and I like it here very much. I got more comfortable with my condition now.

My phone rang and I answered it.

“Yah! Kim Haera! Where are you?” Oppa asked.

“I’m at town.” I said.

“What for?” He asked.

“Just for a walk.” I said.

“On your own? Really?” He asked.

“Yeah, don’t sound so shocked!” I said.

“I’ll be there in a few minutes. Wait for me!” He said and hung up.

“Aish… Oppa.. He didn’t even say where to wait for him.” I mumbled to myself and continue walking around the shops.

No one really took notice about me, some looked at me and smiled and some just looked at me and turned away. I walked to a patbingsu stall and sat down. There was not much people around here and I took out my phone, texting oppa to tell him where am I.

Suddenly there was a black car stopped in front of me and three men came out of it, all wearing sunglasses and masks. One of them pulled my hand and the other opened the car door. I keep struggling and one of them put a handkerchief over my nose and I out.

When I woke up, I realized I was blindfolded. Where am I? I can sense movement and I think I’m in a car. I tried to move but I was tied up.

“Hyung, she’s awake.” I heard one of the men said.

“Are you guys wearing your masks?” The other asked.

“Yes.”

“She’s a weird one. With such long white hair and white skin. My god, I think her eyes are green!”

“But she is pretty hot!” One of them said.

“Hyung do you think we could have some fun with her?”

I was terrified. What are they going to do to me?

“We’ll see. The mistress said not to touch her.”

I struggled, trying to untie the ropes binding me.

“There’s no use pretty girl.” One of them said.

“We’re here. Bring her down.”

I was bought down from the car and they tie me to a chair. They ungag me.

“What are you trying to do to me?” I shouted.

“Calm down pretty girl. We’re not going to do anything unless the mistress says so.”

“Ah… I see you have arrived here, at my secret hide out.” Someone said.

Who is this? Where am I? All I know was the smell of her perfume is very strong.

“Who are you and what are you trying to do to me?” I asked.

“Who am I is not important to you.” She said.

“What do you want form me?” I asked.

“Ah… I am wondering… Such specimen like you would be great for the zoo…? Or the National Science Centre? You can be their subject of experiment.” She said.

I kept quiet.

“Ahahaha… To think the girl that made both Sehun and Yoojun go crazy is just here, in front of me… I feel so… Happy.” She said.

“You’re crazy.” I said.

“Maybe I am…” She said. “And it’s all because of you.”

“Who are you?” I asked again.

“Don’t you remember? That girl who was once your best friend?” She said.

“My best friend…?” I tried to recall back… The only best friend I had was…. “Yoon Jimin?”

Yoon Jimin was once my best friend in elementary school. She is Yoojun’s blood related stepsister from another mother. She was a plain looking girl with a kind heart. I don’t understand what happened to her to make her become like this.

“You remember? Oh, how kind of you!” She said, taking off my blindfold.

“What are you trying to do?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing…. I just miss you and wanted you to be here.” She said.

“YOON JIMIN!” I shouted.

“Tell me I’m pretty…. And I will let you die with less pain.” She said.

“What happened to you?” I asked.

“What happened? What happened? You ask me what happened to me after what you have done?” She shouted back.

“What have I done?” I asked.

“Because of you, I have lost the two guys I have ever loved…” She said.

“Two guys…?”

“That’s right! I have always loved Sehun sunbaenim when we were in elementary school. But you! You got in the way! Every time I wrote a love letter to sunbae, he would throw it away without even reading it… Why? Because he likes you!” She said. “Do you know how much I’ve hated you since then? But I befriended you and tried to get closer to sunbae, but he never looked at other girls when you are around!”

“Jimin….”

“That was alright…. After you went to Seoul, I thought that sunbae would forget you… But no! He did not! He loved you more day by day!” She said.

I looked at her.

“A few years later, I went to Seoul to study there. And I found out that you were studying at the same university as me and my brother... My brother fell in love with you but you rejected him?”

“ Jimin, listen to me…”

“You have hurt my brother’s heart… I tried to confess to him and you know what he said? He said that he will never be with a girl like me! Why? Am I that ugly? I was so sad that I begged my parents to let me go for plastic surgery. And now… I am prettier than you, but Sehun sunbae’s and Yoojun’s heart still belongs to you!”

“Jimin! Listen to me!”

“I wanted you dead! I hated you so much! That day, at Yoojun’s birthday party, I saw you and Sehun sunbae, coming together, looking like a couple… My heart aches. And later Yoojun bought you upstairs and confess to you… But you rejected him.”

“You were there?” I asked.

“Yes… And when I saw Sehun sunbaenim punch Yoojun because of you, I realize how much I hated you and how much I wanted you dead. You have hurt both the guys I loved.” She said.

“Jimin, please snap out of it! Yoojun is your brother! Your blood related brother!” I said.

“I don’t care! I love him! He is mine!” She said, taking out the knife she had prepared.

I closed my eyes… This is the end then… Bye oppa… Bye mum, dad, ajusshi and everyone… I’m sorry I can’t be with you guys anymore…

Suddenly I heard the sound of siren outside. Police? I opened my eyes, Jimin’s face was terrified.

“Haera!”Sehun oppa!

“Put down the knife and surrender!” The police said.

“Never!” Jimin untied me and place the knife next to my throat. “If you come any closer, I will kill her!”

“Jimin…. Please… There’s still a chance if you surrender now.” I said.

“Chance? There’s never a chance for me!” She said.

“Jimin…”

“Shut up!” She said, pressing the knife at my throat, blue blood was starting to flow out…

“Haera! Are you alright?” Sehun oppa asked.

“I’m fine!” I replied.

“No she’s not! You’ll never get to see her again Sehun sunbae!” Jimin said.

“Yoon Jimin!” Yoojun?

“Oppa…” Jimin’s voice became softer.

“Jimin… What are you doing? Put down that knife!” Yoojun said.

“Oppa! Do you love me?” She asked.

“You are my sister, of course I love you”! Yoojun said.

“Just as a sister…?” Jimin asked.

“…. Yes…” Yoojun said.

“Hahahahahahaha!” Jimin laughed like a mad person and pushed me away.

“Haera!” Both Sehun oppa and Yoojun shouted my name.

“What’s the use of living now?” Jimin said and wanted to plunge the knife down her heart.

“No!” I stopped her using my own body as a shield. The knife plunged down my back and blood spurt out.

“Committing suicide is the dumbest thing to do…” I said.

“Haera!” Sehun oppa rushed to my side.

“Oppa…” I looked at him.

“Why did you do that?” Jimin asked.

“Because you deserve a second chance.” I said.

“Jimin!” Yoojun rushed to Jimin and looked at her. “What have you become?”

“I don’t know….” She said and cried. Yoojun hugged her and she cried harder. The police arrest her and her henchmen and Yoojun followed them to the police station.

“Haera, you have to stay with me okay? You can’t die.” Sehun oppa took off his shirt and started applying pressure at my wound, trying to stop the bleeding.

“Oppa… I feel tired…” I said.

“No! Stay with me!” He said and carry me bridal style. “We’re going to the hospital.”

“No… I can’t go to the hospital… I am not human… My blood is blue in color…” I said. “I want to go home…”

“Okay… Let’s go home.” He aid and bought me to the car. He drove very fast and we reached home.

“Dad! Dad! Help me!” Oppa shouted.

“What is it? Oh my god!”

“What should we do?” Oppa asked.

“Bring her to the lab, now!” Ajusshi said and oppa rushed me there.