Chapter 16

I Am A Monster!

Sehun’s Point of View

Haera, Haera, Haera. I love that girl so much, that I think I might go crazy. She’s so kind, and sweet and caring that she never thinks of herself. She always puts people first and then herself second. I’m scared. Scared that I might lose her one day, scared that she’ll never wake up now.

On the other hand, the girl we just saved. I don’t like her… She seems not trustworthy. There’s something in her eyes that makes me think that. I don’t know why, maybe it’s because it’s Haera, or maybe it’s just me but Haera seems to like that girl very much. She seems like she had found a new friend.

“Oppa, you don’t like her do you?” Haera asked me.

“Why do you ask?” I asked her.

“I can see that clearly oppa.” She said.

“Well for starters, yes, I don’t like her.” I replied.

“Why not? She seems nice.”

“Well, not to me. She looks like she’s lying about something.” I said.

“You’re being too cautious oppa.” She said.

“Last time I checked, I almost lose you for not being cautious.” I said.

“Gee, fine.” She said and looked away.

“Hey. Don’t ignore me.” I said, giving her a headlock.

“Oppa, I am a very dangerous person, if you won’t let go I might not guarantee your safety.” She said.

“Come on… Don’t be angry, I was just joking.” I said, giving her a peck on her lips.

“Oppa!” She blushed.

“There, I think that’s Jiyeong’s luggage.” I said, pointing towards a pink luggage.

“Hmm, pretty small for someone who just came back from France.” I said.

“Maybe she planned to go back there sometime.” Haera said, reaching out to pull the luggage.

“Let me do it.” I said.

“I’m not that weak you know.” She said and I smiled.

“I know, I saw it with my own eyes!” I said, teasing her.

“Mehrong!” She said and ran away.

“Hey!” I called her and chased after her.

Jiyeong’s luggage’s wheelie hit a pebble and fell open.  Stuffs fell out and Haera made a face at me.

“Clumsy oppa.” She said.

“If it wasn’t you this might not fall out.” I said, making faces back at her.

“Oh come on, let’s  clean this up.” Haera said and start picking this up.

I started picking up stuff and suddenly I saw something written in red. –era… The front part was thorn away…. Hmmm…

“Oppa, what are you looking at?”  Haera slap me on the back.

“Ouch! Control your force will ya?” I asked her.

“Oops… Sorry. I didn’t mean it. Does it hurt?” She asked.

“Yes!” I said and she laughed.

“I’ll make it up to you, I promise.” She said and gave me a wink.

I stuff the paper into my pocket, not letting Haera see this. There’s something weird with this girl…. I wonder what secret she is hiding.

“Oppa if you’re going to day dream all day I’m going to ignore you.” Haera said.

“Huh? What? You hungry?” I asked, startled.

Haera did a face palm in front of me.

“Never mind. Come on, I am hungry, thanks for asking. You’re treating me some ddokbokki.” She said.

“Hey, you… Aish!” I said chasing Haera who just ran away.


“So, you wanna go someplace when I’m free?” I asked Haera.

“Well, you’re free, I’m not.” Haera said.

“You gotta be kidding me, what are you busy doing?” I asked.

“Secret.” She replied short.

We joked around when walking back home, teasing each other and poking each other at the waist and vital spots.

“Holy macaroni!” Haera shouted as we approached the door.

“Huh? What?” I asked her.

“I promised Cook that I will make dinner together with her. I forgot!” She said.

“Oh my, typical Haera. Tsk tsk tsk.” I said.

She ran in shouting apologies to the cook, leaving me smiling behind her. I went in and took Jiyeong’s luggage into the guest room. I knocked and no one answered.

“Jiyeong?” I called. Hmm still no one. I pushed the door and it opened.

No one’s in there. Maybe she’s somewhere around the house. I decided to go to the greenhouse for a while. I haven’t been there since, I don’t remember. But what I do remember is there are pretty flowers that Haera and I used to plant it together. Those flashbacks are sure making me smile.

“Hey oppa, promise me you’ll take care of these if I’m gone.” Haera said.

“Why? Where are you going?” I asked her.

“Nowhere. I said if right?” She said and smiled.

“Dad said that you are going to stay here for quite a while. We could go to school together, go to college together. And… You’ll marry me!” I said.

“What? Like I said before oppa, cousins don’t marry each other.” She said with a blank expression.

“Hey, like I said before too, we’re not blood related.” I said.

“But still it’s weird…AHHHHHHHHHH!”

“What? What? What happened?” I asked.

“A bug! A bug! A beetle, a cockroach, I don’t know what is it!” She said, flailing her arm around.

“Haera, Haera calm down.” I said, holding her arms. “It’s just a lady bug.” I said, taking the lady bug away.

“Oh…. Oh I see… Hehe…” She said with an embarrassed expression. “I knew it all along!”

“Yeah right.” I said, earning a punch on my arm.

I broke out of my day dreaming when I heard someone talking.

“Yes, I know. I know! Now stop calling me anymore.” I heard Jiyeong talking to someone. She paused for a while.

“I get it already!” She said and end the call.

“Ehem.”

“Oh! Hi!” She turned around nervously.

“Who are you talking to?” I asked her.

“Oh, no one… Just a friend of mine back in France.” She said.

Weird… Why is she avoiding my eyes?

“Ermm, nice greenhouse you have here. So many types of flowers.” She said, turning away from me.

“Yes, I planted those with Haera.” I said, still not averting my gaze from her.

“Ermm I gotta run. I haven’t bath yet you know.” She said and walked quickly out.

Something’s fishy about that girl, better keep an eye on her.

“Oppa!” I heard Haera shouting. She must have done something weird again.

“Coming!” I shouted back.


So, if you're subscribed to my other stories, you probably know what I'm going to say.

If not, I'll tell you now.

You see guys, I'm having final exams next week so I can't update for almost a month. I'll try but I can't promise. I'll update as soon as I finish my exams, I promise this. 

So just hang on tight and wait for me! I'll be back before you know it!