Chapter 18

I Am A Monster!

Author’s Point of View

Sehun was worried; he still couldn’t find Haera anywhere. He looked around the house again and again, still no sight of Haera.

“Oppa? Aren’t you in your room?” He heard someone said and turned around. He felt relieved when he saw Haera was standing in front of him, her head tilted to the left.

“Where did you go? I was worried sick.” Sehun asked. He was relieved at first but he got angry after a while.

“I just went to the park with Jiyeong for a while. She thinks she might have dropped something there so we went and check.” Haera replied.

“Why didn’t you ask me to go with you?” Sehun asked. Haera knew that he was angry.

“I thought you were doing something important so I didn’t want to bother you.” She replied. “And why are you shouting?”

Sehun sighed. He knows that he could never stay angry at Haera for long, she is too innocent to stay mad at. And sometimes he worries about Haera because of that too.

“I’m sorry… I guess I’m just a little overreacting.”

“Hehe its fine. I love it when you do that.” She said with a giggle and gave Sehun a peck on his cheeks.

“Anyway… Are you free next Thursday?”  Sehun asked.

“Thursday… Why do you ask?”

“Well it’s y…” Sehun paused. Did Haera just forget her own birthday?

“Yes?” She looked at Sehun with a confused expression.

“Nothing. Just asking. Anyway are you free?” He said.

“Oppa, I’m free every single day.” She said.

 “Why do you ask anyway?” She said, walking back into the house.

“Nothing. Just asking.” Sehun said again and Haera looked at him.

“You’re acting suspicious!” She said.

“Maybe I am, maybe I’m not.” Sehun just shrugged.

Haera paused for a while, thinking hard of something and then ran up to Sehun and hugged his arm.

What they didn’t know was Jiyeong was peeking at them, eavesdropping on what they were talking about. She knew exactly Sehun doesn’t like her and she already had something planned for him, next Thursday.

“So, what are you going to do next Thursday?” Haera asked again.

“Nothing. Maybe just go out, watch a movie. You know, the same thing we do every day.” Sehun said.


Sehun had planned to spend Haera’s birthday alone with her. He wanted to just bake a cake himself and surprise her with it.

“What are you doing oppa?” Haera asked when Sehun pushed her out of the front door.

“Here, go get this for me. Remember, every single thing that was listed there, you must get it for me.” Sehun said, passing a list to Haera.

“But oppa, that’s a lot! And besides, it’s all hard to find.” Haera said, she’s kinda annoyed.

“Please! I have this presentation that I have to pass up tomorrow! I just can’t step away!” Sehun lied.

“Fine, fine…” Haera said and went to get her jacket. “I should bring Jiyeong along.”

Sehun wanted to object but he thinks that he should give Jiyeong a chance. Well maybe she’s not as bad as he think she is.

“Just be careful on the way.” Sehun said.

“I will oppa. I’m not a kid anymore.” Haera said and hugged Sehun. “I’ll be back soon.”

Sehun glanced around and went into the kitchen. He begin taking out the ingredients that he had prepared before and placed them on the counter.

“Ah, Sehun, what are you doing?” His dad asked.

“It’s Haera’s birthday tomorrow and I just wanted to bake a surprise cake for her.” Sehun said and smiled.

“You never bake a cake for me before Sehun.”

“I’m sorry dad, I’ll do that for your next birthday.” Sehun said and smiled idiotically.

“Huh, now that I think of it, you haven’t baked since your mother passed away.”

“Yeah… So now I’m not sure if I can still do it. Be careful dad, we might diarrhea from this.” Sehun joked, trying to lift up the mood.

“Oh my, then you don’t have to make one for me anymore.” His dad said and they both laughed.

 Sure Sehun missed his mum, but he believes that even when someone is gone, they still stay in your heart forever. He smiles over the memories he used to have with his mum and with Haera.

After an hour of making the cake and another hour of decorating it, Sehun told the cook to put it in the fridge where no one can see it. It’s kinda like the cook’s special personal fridge where no one except the cook touches it.

“Make sure no one sees this or touch this.” He said.

“I will.” The cook said and carefully places the cake into the fridge.

Sehun glanced at the clock, it’s been a while now since Haera went out and he was getting worried. He took out his phone and dialed Haera’s number.

“Yeobosseyo?” Haera answered her phone.

“Where are you now?” He asked.

“Me? On the way back home. Jiyeong found this place that sells ice cream on a croissant! It’s great! The bread’s middle is empty and is filled with ice cream! Oppa, you should try this when you are free.” She said with a happy tone.

Sehun smiled over the fact that Haera always gets excited over ice cream.

“Okay, okay now calm down and get back home faster will you?” He said.

“Alright, alright. Gee, you’re nagging like my mum!” Haera said and chuckled. “I’ll see you at home then! Hey Jiyeong! Wait up!” She said and hung up.

Sehun was getting bored. He went through every game in his phone, even Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Vine and he still feel bored. He flopped himself on the couch and started singing like crazy.

“Oppa, you’re making us deaf.” Haera said and Sehun immediately shot up.

“Where’s your friend?” Sehun asked while looking around.

“She went back to her room. There’s something she said that was needed to be done.” Haera said.

“Huh…”

“And… Tadah! I bought you this!” She said and pulls out a bracelet with 12 charms on it.

“Hmm… What is this?” Sehun asked.

“It’s just something I got, I think it’s pretty, don’t you think so?” She asked and helped Sehun put it on.

“Hey, what’s this?” Something caught Sehun’s eye. Haera was wearing one too.

“Hehe… It’s the same thing I got for you. The lady who sells it says that it brings luck!” Haera said and smiled.

Sehun couldn’t help but to pinch Haera’s nose.

“Aigoo you believe in these things?” He asked.

“Well, why not?” Haera said and pushed him away. “If you don’t want it I’ll give it to Yoojoon.”

“Who says I don’t want this.” Sehun quickly grab her by the waist and pull her back. “Never give it to anyone else.” He said and gave her a kiss.


You know what, I was doing online shopping when I wrote this and...

I found this. Hehe