Chapter 23

I Am A Monster!

Jiyeong walked towards the mansion that she had never thought of coming back. She stared at it and took a big breath. It could now end in two ways, one, they believed her story again and let her back in. Two, they get her arrested and forced her to spill the beans. She wasn’t sure whether to take the risk or not, but Jimin, Jimin wanted her to do this.

Jiyeong didn’t know who she actually is. She woke up one day in the hospital and the doctor tells her that she was saved by Jimin and Yoojun. She doesn’t remember anything about herself and the only people she knows are the two siblings that have saved her.

The truth is, Yoojun doesn’t know whatever Jimin is plotting against Haera. Jimin had wanted Jiyeong to shut up about this and never tell a work to Yoojun about this.

Jiyeong walked towards the door and pressed the doorbell. She waited as Haera went and opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” Haera asked as she sees that it was Jiyeong. “You better go away before Sehun oppa sees you here.” Haera said and wanted to close the door.

“Haera wait!” Jiyeong said and pulled Haera’s arm. “I just need to clear things up with you. Please, just listen to me. I’ll leave after that.” Jiyeong said with a sad tone.

Haera’s heart softens. She can’t possibly slam the door at Jiyeong’s face, what if she needed help? What if she really had something important to tell her?

“Fine… Come in.” She said and let Jiyeong in.

“Thank you Haera.” Jiyeong said and walked in.

“Who was tha… What are you doing here?” Sehun said as soon as he saw Jiyeong walked towards the living room.

Haera walked towards Sehun and pulled him into the kitchen.

“Are you out of your mind? Why did you let her in? What if she tries to kill you again?” Sehun said, running his fingers across his hair.

“Oppa, listen.” Haera said and stare into Sehun’s eyes. “We listen to what she has to say first. What if she really needed help?”

“Haera, I thought you said…”

“Forget what I said, oppa please?” Haera said and put her arms around Sehun’s neck.

“Okay, but just this last time. I can’t afford to lose my Haera.” He said and Haera poked his cheeks.

“You’re the best.” Haera said and Sehun sighed.

“I hope what we’re about to do is right.” He said.

Haera pulled him outside and he followed her to the couch.

“Okay, you have 10 minutes.” Sehun said and Haera hit his lap.

“Oppa!”

“Oww! Okay, okay.”

“Haera, Sehun, first of all, I apologize for what I have done.” She said, tears were filling her eyes. “I was… I was forced to do that.” She said and the tears she was trying to hold in started rolling down her cheeks.

She wasn’t lying. She was telling the truth. Jimin had forced her to do all this, using the reason that she must help her is that she had saved her life and if it wasn’t for her, she would be dead by now.

“Jiyeong…” Haera said and gave her a piece of tissue paper.

“I’m sorry…” She said.

“Tell us everything.” Haera said and looked at her. She held her hands and realized that they were cold.

Jiyeong looked at Haera, some images started to flash across her mind, blurry images. Her head hurts.

“Jiyeong?” Haera looked at her.

“I’m fine…” She said and stood up. “Maybe I should get going.” She said and walked towards the door.

“Jiyeong wait!” Haera pulled her back. “We can help you.” She said and Jiyeong blinked her eyes. No one had been that nice to her, no one except Yoojun.

“No… I should go.” She said and turned away, tears are still rolling down.

Haera pulled her back, this time harder and gave her a tight hug. She pats her back and tells her that everything’s alright.

“Jiyeong… Just tell us, don’t keep everything bottled up. I am your friend and I wanted to help you. Please, we can help you.” Haera said and Jiyeong cried harder.

She wasn’t acting anymore, these tears are real. She is happy that finally there’s someone who is kind to her, she wanted to tell Haera everything, but she can’t. She can’t betray Jimin, she had saved her life.

“Haera, I….”

“Shh, now, let’s go have some coffee shall we? Let’s go! I bet that you are hungry now.” Haera said with a smile.

“Haera.” Sehun looked at her and mentally face palmed himself. How could someone be so kind?

“What? You’re hungry too? Okay, wait let me just go get the snacks in the kitchen.” She said and walked towards the kitchen.

Sehun looked at Jiyeong and she looked back. He sighed and walked towards her.

“If you touch Haera, I swear to God that I will kill you.” He said.

“I…” Jiyeong wanted to say something but she hesitated. “I understand.” She nodded.

Sehun took a last glace at her and followed Haera into the kitchen.

“Kim Haera, you’re lucky to have someone that loves you.” She said to herself.

“Haera, are you crazy? Do you want me to remind you of what happened last she was here?” Sehun asked as soon as he walked into the kitchen.

“Oppa I know you’re going to say that I might regret this but she has no family, no friends, and she is used! What would you do if that was me?” Haera asked.

Sehun kept quiet. He didn’t know what to say or what to do to convince Haera.

“Haera…”

“I know, you’re worried. But I promise, I’ll be careful. Very very careful. I’ll alert you once there’s anything. So please? Just believe me one last time, just this once.” She said and cupped Sehun’s cheeks

“I hate you.” Sehun said and Haera chuckled.

“Yeah, and I hate you too.” She said and Sehun kissed her.

Jiyeong was sitting on the couch outside, thinking. What were those images that had flashed across her mind? Does it have anything to do with her past, her identity?

“No.” She said and hit her head. “I can’t hurt Haera or Sehun. But Jimin… Ah, her and jealousy.” She mumbled.

“What are you talking about?” Haera asked, putting the snacks she had on the table.

“Ah? Oh, nothing. I was just thinking… stuffs.” She said and smiled.

“Well if you’re still staying here, your things are still in the room. We didn’t touch anything.” Haera said.

“Haera, thank you. You’re so kind to me and I… I almost kill you.” Jiyeong said and stared at the floor.

“Everyone makes mistakes.” Haera said. “Right oppa?” She gave Sehun a nudge.

“Yeah. Mistakes.” Sehun said and Haera kicked him. “Ouch!”

“Don’t ignore me like that!” She said and Sehun stuck out his tongue at her.

Jiyeong couldn’t help but laughed at the couple in front of her. Maybe, just maybe, staying with them could be the better choice.

 


Hoho unexpected change of events.

Don't hate me.