Chapter 7

I Am A Monster!

 

I looked at the clock; it’s now 10 pm… I have dozed off while waiting for Sehun oppa just now. Is he back? I went and knocked on his door.

“Oppa? Oppa are you in?” There was no reply. But he said he’ll be back at 7…

I went inside and saw him sleeping on his bed, still wearing his full attire. Aigoo oppa… You’re so lazy to even change your clothes? I sat down beside his bed and stared at him. His jawline, his nose, his mouth…  All are perfect just like an angel.

“Uhmmmm…” He groaned and started tossing around.

“Shoot!” I said and hide under the bed. “Oppa?” I said, checking if he was awake or not.

There was no response, he is still sound asleep. I smiled. I traced my finger down from his forehead to his jawline and his chin.

“Haera? What are you doing here?” He asked.

! How did he..? When did he…? Busted…

“I was just… You know… Hehehe…” I couldn’t answer his questions.

“Couldn’t sleep?” He asked.

“Yeah, I just woke up actually. I fell asleep while waiting for you.” I said.

“That explains why you didn’t open the door when I knocked. I thought you were angry because I was back later than I promised.” He said.

“Am I really that bad tempered?” I asked.

“You used to be. Remember that time when we planned to go to the ice cream shop after school but I was late and you were angry and wouldn’t talk to me for a week!” He said.

“Wow… I really am bad tempered. Well, I’ve changed!” I said.

“Umm… We’ll see about that.”

“What does that supposed to mean?”

“Nothing!”

“What are you doing here?” He asked again.

“Well… Actually I’m a little hungry.” Now that I think of it, I didn’t eat my dinner.

“Me too… Come on, let’s go downstairs and see if cook is still awake.” Oppa said and the both of us went downstairs.

“Young master, miss! What are you two doing at this hour?” The cook and the maid were shocked when they saw us.

“We’re both hungry. Do you have something for us?” Oppa asked.

“Well, I think I can make something.” The cook said.

“Thanks cook.” We both said.

The both of us munch happily on the snacks that cook made for us and continue chatting.

“Young master, miss, if you don’t need us, we’ll be going to bed now.” The cook said.

“Sure, go to bed now.” Oppa said.

“If you need anything just call me.” The maid said. And they all went to bed.

“Ah… We’re alone now.” Oppa said.

“Yeah, it’s kinda creepy you know. With your house so big and all.” I said.

“Wanna play a game?” He smirked.

“What game?”

“Hide and seek. Creepy mansion version.” He said.

“No! No! Shiro!” I said. “I’m afraid of the dark. And and and spiders! Maybe there’s snake!”

“There’s one behind you!”

“Ahh! Oppa!” I was so scared that I hugged him tightly.

“Umm… Haera, I was just joking…” He said.

“Oh, I’m sorry… It’s all your fault! If you didn’t scare me I wouldn’t…” I saw him blushing.

We kept quiet for quite a while, the atmosphere was awkward.

“Oh right. Oppa, I have something to ask you.”

“What?”

“Umm… You see, my friend in Seoul is having a birthday party and he invited me. So, can you go with me?” I asked.

“Your friend’s birthday party? Go with you? So you’re ready to go back to Seoul?” He asked.

“Not really… His party theme is cosplay, so I thought that you could you know, go with me?”

“Ah, when is it?”

“Next week.”

“Okay, it should be a no problem. But do you have any cosplay costume?” He asked.

“No. I don’t.” I said.

“I’ll go order a new set then.”

“Ah! It must be in white color oppa!”

“Wae?”

“So my skin contra won’t be so obvious.” I said.

“Okay okay. I’m going to order now, wanna follow?” He asked.

“Where?”

“My room. I’m ordering through internet.” He said.

“Oh…. Let’s go, I’m scared to be here alone.” I said, clutching him arm.

“Aigoo… Then hurry up.” He said, and we both went upstairs to his room.

Oppa’s room is a very interesting place, there’re posters of k-pop idols, posters of scientists and also some of his certificates he gets from different competition he has won. Oppa likes singing, and there’s a tv and a karaoke machine in his room. There’s a keyboard, guitar, a drum set and even cool looking headphones lying across the room.

“So, which on do you want?” He asked.

“Whee!” I jump onto his bed and started rolling around, not paying attention to him.

“Come on, seriously? Come choose.” He said.

“I don’t know, you choose!” I said.

“Well, don’t regret! Here, this is nice!” He said. “Come see!”

(These, and umm ignore the cartoon)
 

“Hmm, that’s not bad. Great job cousin.”  I said.

“Okay, place order. Pay… Visa? Or master card?” He asked looking at me.

“Visa.” I said, handing him my card.

“What are you thinking? I’m paying.” He said and took out his card.

“Fine, if you want to.” I said.

We used to quarrel over small things when we’re young, like who gets to eat the first piece of chocolate, or who gets to use the new computer first and stuff like that. When I was young, being with oppa is the coolest thing ever. He is the best, the funniest and the coolest. I remember there was once where kids that are older my age are bullying me and oppa came to the rescue.

“Hey you! Yeah that girl! Come here!” The older guys would say.

And as a kid, all I can do is obey.

“What do you want?” I would ask timidly.

“Go buy us something to eat you dummy.”

“You didn’t give me any money, how am I supposed to buy it?” I asked.

“Use your own then.” They said and one of them would pull my ponytail.

“Hey you three! Stop bullying her!” Oppa shouted.

“Why? Who is she to you anyway?” They seemed scared because oppa is older than them, plus he is a prefect.

“She’s my cousin sister! And if I ever see you bullying her again, I’ll report you to the principle.” Oppa said.

“Let’s go, I don’t want any trouble.” One of them whispered.

“Fine!” They said and ran away.

“Thanks oppa, you’re the best.” I said, sniffing and holding back tears.

“Haera is crying? Aigoo… This isn’t my cousin Haera at all!”

He would tease me and make me laugh again. Telling me jokes, treating me to ice creams and stuff. Imagine how hard it is when I have to move to Seoul, I cried on the way there too.