Chapter 17

I Am A Monster!

Okay, I might not be the best cook but this, this is ridiculous! I didn’t even touch anything and boom! The pot is on fire.

“Oppa!” I shouted.

“Whoa! What the hell happened?” Oppa asked, running in and closing the pot with its cover.

“What happened?” Cook came running in too.

“Nothing… I just panicked.” I said.

“Are you okay? Hurt anywhere? Burnt?” Oppa asked, checking every single  spot.

I giggled. “I’m fine.”

“What happened?” He asked.

“I don’t know? I was just turning on the stove and then this happened.” I said.

Oppa went closer to the stove, turned it off and opened the lid.

“There’s a strong smell of gasoline here.” Oppa said.

“What? Why would somebody put gasoline inside a pot?” I asked.

“Beats me.” Oppa replied.

“Probably someone thought that it was oil since they really are oil.” I said.

And I saw oppa face palm in front of me.

“What?” I asked.

“You’re really something Haera.” He said and smiled at me.

“Well, since dinner is not going to make itself, let’s get started.” I said, walking towards the stove and back off, remembering there’s gasoline in there.

“Whoa whoa, I’ll help this time.” Oppa said.

“You can cook?” I looked at him, eyes widen with disbelief.

“Ha, wait till you see me.” He said and gave me a wink.

I almost fainted.

So after dinner, I went to oppa’s room as usual and went out to the balcony. Staring at the stars, wondering do we see these stars back in Seoul.

“Hey pretty.” Oppa said and hugged me from behind.

“Stop it, you know I hate cheesy lines.” I said with a light laugh.

“Well, are you a thief?” He asked.

“No, what the hell are you talking about?” I looked at him.

“Because you just stole my heart.” He said and smiled idiotically.

“Oppa… WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT? What kind of pick-up lines are you trying to say?” I looked at him, his face red like a tomato.

“Well, I saw it in the internet. Hehe… It was that bad huh.” He asked, rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled and gave him a kiss.

“Nope, you’re just cute.” I said.


Morning, sunshine, another typical Sunday morning. Not that type of day that I feel like climbing out of bed. I turned and saw oppa’s sleeping face. Oh my god, he is so freaking y! Wait what did I just think? Stop it Haera!

I slipped out of bed, brushed my teeth and tidy up a bit. Gave oppa a kiss on the cheek and went downstairs. Jiyeong was sitting by the table, with a worried expression on her face.

“Morning!” I said to her and she jumped.

“Haera! Morning!” She said and smiled.

“What were you thinking about?” I asked her.

“Huh? Oh nothing much.” She said.

She was doing something, looks like some paperwork I guess. I leaned in closer to take a look.

“Binary codes?” I looked at her.

“It’s nothing.” She said and quickly grabbed those papers.

It’s not like I understand them, but I guess everyone needs their own privacy. I was getting bored, and I suddenly remembered that I told Sehun oppa that I wanted to write a song, so I went onto the piano room.

I sat down and started pressing a few random keys, I have no idea of how to write a song. I don’t even know where to start. I stared at keys for quite a while and I heard something behind me.

“You almost scared me to death Sehun oppa.” I said and relaxed.

“Sorry… Why didn’t you wake me up when you woke up?” He asked, putting hand on my shoulders.

“Because you slept like an angel, I didn’t want to wake you up.” I said and he smiled. “Just joking, you snored the whole night.”

“Hey, that’s not true.” He said.

“And how do you know that?” I .

“Because I know it.” He said. “Anyway what are you doing?”

“Writing a song.” I said. “Like I said before remember.”

“Yeah… I remember.” He said. “Let’s see your progress.”

“That’s the thing. I didn’t even start yet.” I said.

“Maybe I can help, it can be our duet.”

“No, I want to do this by myself. Besides you already have your very own song.”

“Oh that… You saw it already?” He asked, rubbing his nape.

“A long time ago. Well, it was an accident.” I said.

“Actually that song….”

“Haera? Can I ask for a favor?” Jiyeong suddenly knocked on the door and asked.

“Huh? Oh sure, sure. What is it?”

“You said before you were studying BioChemistry, can you help me? I wanted to apply for a university here too.” She said.

“Okay! No problem.” I said and walked out with her.

“We’ll continue this later.” I turned to oppa and gave him a wink.


Sehun’s Point of View

Haera probably didn’t know but the song that I wrote, is for her. I wrote that song to cheer her up but as time passed by, she seems alright with everything now and I kinda forgot about the song too.

I rushed upstairs to my room and looked for the sheets. Where is it? I flipped over everything and finally found it under my bag. I went over and picked up my guitar, trying to remember the chords I create before.

Haera’s birthday is coming up soon, I wanted to give her a surprise. What should I do? What can I do? Make dinner and have a candle lit dinner with her? Too romantic. Bring her to the beach? Too much publicity. I really don’t know what to do.

“Sehun?” I heard my dad calling for me.

“Yeah?”

“Have you seen Haera anywhere?” He asked me and I was stunned.

“Isn’t she at the living room with Jiyeong?” I asked.

“The both of them aren’t here.” Dad said and I panicked.

What happened to Haera? Where is she? I shouldn’t have let her be alone with someone I don’t trust! I must be mad! I ran downstairs and looked in every single room.

I ran out of the house and went to the greenhouse. I shouted Haera’s name but there was no answer. Cool down Oh Sehun, she probably went for a walk with Jiyeong, or maybe they went and buy some stuff.

But this is so unlike Haera, she would always pull me along everywhere she goes. At least she would text me or left a sticky note at me door. What in the world?


Hehe I'm such a tease...

I'm back! Expect more updates! 

I think... I'll update if my ideas don;t slip away from me >.<