Chapter 22

I Am A Monster!

“Oppa! Come here for a while!” Haera shouted and Sehun came running.

“What is it?” He asked. “No, to be exact, where are you?” Sehun shouted back.

“In Jiyeong’s room.” Haera shouted and Sehun sprinted upstairs.

“What?” He asked.

“Looks like she cleaned almost everything. She had been planning this and look, no evidence left behind.” Haera said. “But she did leave her baggage and clothes here.”

“I think those are just for cover ups.” Sehun said, looking at the closet. “What are you doing here anyway?” He asked.

“I don’t know. I just suddenly thought of checking it and see if there’s anything here.” She said and looked into the waste paper basket. “Wait…” She reached out and pulls out a ball of paper that has been crumpled.

Haera opened up the paper and smoothen it out. Binary again.

“Can you read this?” Haera asked.

“No, I don’t study binary Haera.” Sehun said and Haera pouted.

“I thought you knew everything.” Haera said and Sehun looked at her.

“Use an online translator then.” He said, taking out his phone and went to search it at Google.

Sehun took the paper from Haera and began typing in the numbers one by one.

“This is so hard. Why would they want to communicate in binary anyway?” Sehun said, squinting his eyes.

“To make it a secret and not let us read?” Haera said, not looking at Sehun. She was looking under the bed to check if there’s anything there.

“Haera, we can translate it.” Sehun said with a little scoff.

“Ah… You’re right.” She said, hitting her own head. “I’m a babo sometimes.” She said and Sehun smiled.

“Here, done.” Sehun said and read out the translated binary. “Kill Kim Haera. Do not hurt Oh Sehun. DO NOT FAIL THIS TASK.”

“Wha… What?” Haera’s eyes widen. “Kill me? But why?” She asked.

“Do not hurt Oh Sehun… What does this means?” Sehun said.

“This doesn’t make any sense at all.” Haera said, slumping on the bed.

“We should be more careful from now on then.” Sehun said and Haera nodded.

Haera was actually a little bit scared, why would anyone wanted to kill her? Sehun is worried, he had to keep Haera safe.

Sehun suddenly remembered the torn paper he found when Jiyeong’s luggage fell opened the other day. It must still be in his jean’s pocket. He rushed to his room and looked for it. He found it and brought it to let Haera take a look at it.

“See, it must be the translation that Jiyeong wrote and she torn it.” Sehun said.

“Where did you found this?” Haera asked.

“I found it in Jiyeong’s luggage when we helped her bring it back remember? The luggage fell open and I found it.” He said.

“Oppa…” Haera said with a disgusted look on her face.

“What’s with that face?” Sehun asked.

“You never wash your pants huh?” She asked.

“Ehehe…” Sehun laughed with an awkward tone. “Anyway….” He said, trying to change the topic. “It says ‘-era.’ It must mean Haera. But why did she wrote it out if she can just read it?” Sehun asked.

Haera shrugged.

“Everything is so mysterious. I’m confused.” Haera said with a blank look on her face.

“Aish molla! Let’s just forget about this first and I’m hungry.” Sehun said and looked at Haera. “Let’s go eat something.”

“What do you want?” Haera asked. “Can we order something like pizza or anything? I’m too lazy to go out.” She said.

“Okay fine. Let’s order pizza then.” Sehun said and immediately pulls out his phone.

“You are very efficient when it comes to food huh?” Haera teased and Sehun sticks out his tongue at her.


“I’m sorry I failed. Kim Haera is still alive.” Jiyeong said.

“What? What about Oh Sehun?”

“I did nothing to him.”

“If anything happens to him, you’ll know what happens.”

“I don’t understand, why do you want Kim Haera dead?” Jiyeong asked.

“She stole the people I loved, she took everything from me.”

“But she…”

“No more buts! She must die!”

“I understand.” Jiyeong lowered her head.

“Now… I want you to go back to that house.”

“But they already knew…”

“Act then! Do whatever it takes to make them believe you!”

“Yes mistress.” Jiyeong said. “Is there anything else you wanted me to do?”

“Yes... In the midst of killing her, find out what caused her to become like this.”

“Yes, I understand.”

“Now go.”

Jiyeong stood up and walked out of the room. The conversation went better than expected.

“How is she doing doctor?” She asked.

“She’s currently getting treatments and I do see some improvements.” The doctor said and Jiyeong nodded.

“I haven’t seen you for a while now. Where have you been?” She heard someone said and turned around.

“Just busy.” Jiyeong replied and shrugged.

“Is Jimin any better?” Yoojun asked.

“Doctor says she’s fine.” Jiyeong answered.

“I better go in and see her now, she’ll get mad if I’m late.” Yoojun said and opened the door. “See you around then Jiyeong.” He said and waved.

Jiyeong nodded and waves back. Now, to proceed with the plan. She must first made up a story, but what?