Chapter 12

I Am A Monster!

“Oppa, I know you’re worried and what but really…? Bodyguards?” I asked, looking at the new bodyguard oppa hired.

“What? It’s the only way to keep you safe when I’m not around.” Oppa said.

“But…”

“No buts! Come on, at least for a week, and if nothing else happens then I’ll be sure you don’t need a bodyguard.”

“Fine… But don’t you think it’s weird? I mean, having somebody looking at you wherever you go.” I asked.

“He can protect you when I’m gone.”

I took a glance back at the bodyguard; he’s tall and big and looked very scary. He wears sunglasses and wears a suit. Yeah, pretty much like how we see them in movies.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“The Fireworks Festival. How could you forget?” Oppa said, looking at me.

“Oh right! It’s a yearly festival, how could I forget?” I said.

The Firework Festival here in this town is great! They sell traditional stuff and food and have great fireworks at midnight. Oppa and I always go to the festival when we were younger. He would buy me anything I wanted like cotton candy, masks, ddeokbokki and so much more.

“Oppa! I want that!” I said, pointing towards the cotton candy stall.

“Yah, yah don’t pull my shirt!” He said as I pulled him over.

We bought a lot of snacks and went to sit down at a bench to watch the fireworks.

“Wow, this place is still the same huh.” I said.

“Yeah…”

“You’ll come here every year?” I asked.

“Yup.”

“Even though you’re alone?”

“Even though I’m alone.” He said and I stared at him.

“What? Can’t I sit here alone while watching fireworks?” Oppa said as I lean closer to his face.

“Are you sure you are alone all the time?” I asked.

“Yes!”

“Really?”

“Really!” Oppa said and blushed.

“Okay fine.” I said and move away from his face.

“Ah… It’s starting already.” Oppa said and lean back on the bench.

I looked at him and smiled.

“Boom!” What is that? I clutch onto oppa’s hand.

“What is it Haera?” Oppa asked.

“Boom!” There goes another one! What is it? Ahhhhh!

I stood up and ran away, I keep running and running and the next thing I knew I was lost in a forest. Oh no! What happened to me? Why did I ran away?


Sehun’s Point of View

The fireworks started and Haera suddenly clutch onto my hand very tightly.

“What is it Haera?” I asked.

She did not reply me but she looked scared. Suddenly she stood up and ran away.

“Haera!” I shouted but she probably didn’t hear me.

I turned around and saw the bodyguard running towards Haera’s direction. I panicked. What happened? Was she scared by the fireworks? But she love fireworks!

“Did you saw where she went?” I caught up with the bodyguard and asked.

“Yes, that way.” He said and pointed towards the forest.

“Okay… I’ll go in there and look or her. You go back first, and if I did not return by dawn tomorrow morning, call for help.” I said to the bodyguard.

“Why don’t I follow you in and help?” He asked.

“No, what if we got lost and there will be no one to help us.” I said and he nod.

I went into the forest and the only light I have is the flashlight from my phone and if my batteries die, the only thing that can shine the way is the moonlight.

“Haera?” I called out her name.

I look around. Would there be animals here? Jeez I hope there are no carnivores here…

“Oppa?” I heard someone said.

“Haera?”

“Oppa is that really you?”

“Haera! Where are you?” I asked.

“Here…” She said and I shone my flashlight at some bushes, she was behind those bushes.

“Ah… Finally I found you!” I said and walked towards her direction.

“Don’t come here! I don’t know what am I going to do next!” She said.

“What happened?” I asked.

“I don’t know… I almost killed an animal just now… With my bare hands oppa…” She said and started to cry.

“You almost… So you didn’t?” I asked.

“I snapped out of it and let go that animal… I was oblivious of what I was doing oppa…” She said and sniffed.

“Well… You didn’t kill it… So you won’t.” I said and tried to approach her.

“No… Don’t come near me. I am a monster!” She said.

“I’m not afraid.” I said and hug her.

“I might hurt you…” She said softly.

“No… I know you won’t.” I said and hugged her tightly.

“Should we go back now?” I asked her after a few moments.

“Yeah… Ajusshi must be worried sick.” She said and tried to stand up but sat back down on the ground.

“What’s the matter?” I asked.

“I can’t stand up. I’m too scared till my legs feel jelly-like.” She said.

“Come on, I’ll piggy back you.” I said and squat down.

“Really?” She looked at me.

“Yeah… Come on. Just like when we were little.” I said and smiled.

She got on and we started looking for the the way back.

“Are we lost?” She asked.

“I think so… But don’t worry, we’ll find the way out.” I said.

“Am I heavy?” She asked.

“Yeah… Kinda. No, I mean very!” I joked.

“Hey! Then put me down. I think I am able to walk now.” She said.

“No way! I’m taking you home like this.” I said.

“I’m sorry oppa… I’m always causing trouble for you.” She said with a sigh.

“Haera, don’t say sorry to me. Don’t apologize.”

“But I really did cause you a lot of trouble… Don’t you hate me?” She said.

I stopped walking and gave a big sigh.

“Haera, if you keep on saying things like this, I’m getting angry.” I said.

“Sorry.”

“There! Stop apologizing to me! You did nothing wrong.” I said and she kept quiet.

“Are you angry?” She asked.

“Yes.” I said.

“Are you tired?” She asked.

“No.” I lied. Yes, I am a little tired but it’s alright. Although Haera is not heavy but I’m still tired. It’s 3 am now and we last had our dinner is on 8pm just now. So, I’m feeling a little hungry too.

“You’re lying. Put me down. We could sit down for a little bit.” She said.

“Really? You sure you’re not scared of the dark or something?” I teased.

“Come on… My kinda hurt though.” She said and laughed.

I put her down and the both of us sat down on the ground.

“Hey oppa… Did you hear something?” She said.


Hey guys, I'm really really sorry for not updating for quite a while. Busy busy busy. Instead of a relaxing holiday I have a very packed scheduled holiday. So, enjoy! XD Peace!