Chapter 6

I Am A Monster!

 

Sehun oppa went to Seoul to buy some stuff and now I’m bored. I told oppa to go visit my parents and tell them I’m perfectly fine and also not to worry about me. What can I do now? Sehun oppa won’t be back till evening and it’s just 10 am in the morning now.

“Miss, do you want to go out?” The maid asked.

“Nah… Sehun oppa is not here, I’m scared to go alone.” I said.

“Miss, there’s a parcel for you.” The butler said.

“To me? From who?” I asked.

“It’s written there Mr. Yoon Yoojun.” The butler replied.

“What? Let me see the parcel.” I said and took the parcel.

I opened it and inside there was a costume and a card on top. Written on the card was: ‘Haera, I hope you can attend my birthday party. Aside from that, if you come, I hope you can put on this cosplay costume I had for you. I think you’ll look great in it. Love, Yoojun.’

 (He gave me this.)

I rolled my eyes. What was this guy thinking? I hold up the costume, I’m not wearing this. It looks nice but, in my condition, wearing this may cause a lot of havoc. My skin color doesn’t match this dark colored costume, the contra is too big. I threw the box aside and started rolling on the bed.

Few years ago, Sehun oppa and I would always have pillow fights before bed and would always get into trouble for making so much noise and destroying all the pillows. In school, the both of us would always get punishment for not finishing our homework together, he would stand outside his classroom and I would stand outside mine. We used to buy couple t-shirts and wore it just for fun.

Even though we always get teased as a couple, there are still many girls who would write love letters to Sehun oppa. I have to say that I’m jealous but Sehun oppa always throws away those letters even before he read them. I would sometimes yell at him for that.

“Yah oppa! Those girls wrote these with all their heart! You should at least read some of it.” I would say.

“It’s a waste of time. They’re wasting their time by writing so much and I would waste my time reading it.” He said.

“Well, just tell them you don’t like them and ask them to stop giving it to you.” I said.

“They don’t even give me a chance to say no!” He would yell back at me. “Besides, I already had someone that I like.”

Those words hurt me eventually, but I always keep quiet and just . But deep down, my heart aches and I felt like crying. Although oppa always say that, he never mention about having a girlfriend. That’s something that I’m curious till now.

“Haera!” Sehun oppa’s voice boom through my phone.

“What? Don’t talk so loud!” I said.

“I’m not. This is my normal talking voice. Haera, are you okay?” He asked.

“I’m not so sure myself. This morning, I can hear the maid singing from downstairs. And the weird part is…. I’m sitting on the third floor!” I said.

“Maybe your DNA changes again and now you have super hearing?” Oppa asked.

“I don’t know… Maybe… But isn’t this weird? Why must it be now but not when I first got infected?” I said.

“Well, the formula makes your DNA change I think. Try asking my dad.”

“He went out to meet some friends.” I said.

“Don’t worry, we’ll figure it out when I get back home.” He said.

“Okay, so when will you come back?” I asked.

“Around 7 maybe?”

“It’s now only 12 in the afternoon… I’m bored.” I said.

“Go play the piano then, or go online… There’s wifi in the house.” Oppa said.

“I know there’s wifi in the house, just I don’t feel like using it.” I said. “Maybe I should go write a song.”

“Write a song? Like a composer?” He asked.

“Yeah, why not?” I said.

“Yeah, why not…” He repeated.

“Okay, so have you met my parents?” I asked.

“Yeah I have, they seemed very worried about you and keep on asking me questions about you.” He said.

“Well, parents are parents.” I said and we both laughed.

“Okay, gotta go now. Don’t go anywhere without me okay?” He said.

“Yes oppa.” I said. “Bye!”

I hung up the phone and I heard there’s the sound of a car door slamming downstairs. I rushed down thinking it is ajusshi.

“Yoojoon?” I was shocked to see him here.

“Haera? Is that you?” He seemed shocked too.

I ran back into the house and locked the door.

“Miss, is everything alright?” The butler asked.

“No matter what happens, do not let that guy out there come in.” I said and rushed to my room. My phone was already ringing.

“Haera, why did you run away? Open the door and let me in!” Yoojun said as I answered my phone.

“Go away, I’m not fit to see anyone.” I said. “Especially strangers.”

“Strangers? Am I a stranger to you?” He asked.

“Yes, kinda.” I said.

“Haera, please come down here. I need to talk to you.” He said.

“Wait, how did you know I’m here?” I asked.

“Well, your mum said you’re in Busan so I started to ask around and got an answer!” He said.

“You went through all that trouble so you could…. Why were you here again?” I asked.

“I wanted to see if the costume I got for you fits or not. If not, I’ll send for alternation.” He said.

“Just because of that?” I asked.

“Yeah, and oh! I wanted to meet you too.” He said.

“Yoojun, please go back home. I’m sure your family would not like you being here just for something so minor.” I said.

“But, Haera, you looked sick. Are you alright?” He asked.

“I’m fine! Why do you assume that I’m sick?” I asked.

“Well, your hair grew so long in just 2 months’ time and your eyes are green, not to mention your skin color is different.”

“It’s all make-up effect!” I lied.

“What? You mean that long hair of yours is a wig?”

“Yeah, Yoojun please go home. I’m tired now, I need some rest. I’m hanging up, bye!” I said and hung up.

I know I shouldn’t have treated him so badly, but sometimes he irritates me and I don’t like him. I see him as a friend but he doesn’t. He sees me more than a friend and that sometimes make me feel a little guilty and uncomfortable. Oh I just wish that Sehun oppa would come home earlier!