Chapter 26

I Am A Monster!

Haera keeps glancing at the kitchen clock, she stands up and pace around the house. Today, her parents are going to see her today.

“Haera, can you please stop?” Sehun asked when he saw Haera walking pass him at the living room for the third time.

“Three more hours.” Haera mumbles to herself. “ Three more hours…”

“Hey. Hey hey hey.” Sehun stood up and grab Haera. “Chillax will you?”

“I need to… Water the flowers now, yes. Water the flowers.” Haera said and pushed Sehun away.

“We’ve done that just now.” Sehun said and Haera stopped at the doorway.

“I need to uhh… Mop the floor.” She said and nods. “That’s right, mop the floor…” She said and began walking towards the store room to get the mops.

Sehun chuckled and followed Haera. “Hey.” He said and kissed her on the cheek.

Haera stopped and chuckled lightly. “You’re right.” She said. “I am a little too nervous.”

“Where’s Jiyeong?” Sehun looked around and asked.

“Here!” Jiyeong said while stumbling through the front door, holding a bunch of groceries.

“What did you do?” Sehun asked and looked at Haera.

“She said she is cooking tonight.” Haera shrugged.

“You sure you won’t burn the kitchen?” Sehun asked.

“I have experience of burning kitchens, but I won’t today. I swear.” She said and Haera nodded.

“See.”

“Oh gawd.” Sehun sighed. “Good luck.” He said.

Haera and Jiyeong giggled and walked to the kitchen. Sehun sighed and followed them, keeping an eye on them just in case they burn down the kitchen, or the whole house.

“So, what should we make?” Haera asksed.

“I don’t know. Let’s check online for recipes.” Jiyeong said and takes out her iPad.

Sehun gasped and stare at the two of them. “Are you sure you know what you are doing?”

“Yea…. No. Not really.” Haera said.

“Step aside.” Sehun said and pushed the two of them away. “Let the pro work.”

“Hey….”

“You two can cut and wash the vegetables.” Sehun said and smiled.

“Fine then.” Jiyeong said and pulls out the chopping board. “Let’s get to work Haera!”

Haera smiled and nods. “Hwaiting!”

And after about two hours in the kitchen, dinner is served.

“Finally!” Haera smiled.

“All thanks to me.” Sehun said with a satisfied smile.

“Excuse me? We helped.” Jiyeong said.

“Fine… All thanks to us.”

“Look at the time!” Jiyeong said and pushed Haera. “Better get ready for everything.”

“Yeah, time for all of us to take a bath.” Haera said and Jiyeong giggled.

Sehun rolled his eyes. At some point, he was quite jealous that Haera is spending more time with Jiyeong than with him.

“Can I go with you?” Sehun asked Haera.

Haera looked at him with her eyes wide open. “What did you just asked?” She asked and Jiyeong chuckled.

“Can I shower with you?” Sehun asked again.

“….” Haera and Jiyeong exchanged glances and laughed.

“Just kidding.” He said and walked away. He can hear the two girls giggle away behind him.

Sehun went upstairs to his room and slams the door. Haera notices the loud slam and she was shocked.

“What’s gotten into him?” Jiyeong asked and Haera shrugged.

“I don’t know.”

“You better go check on him.”

“Yeah, I should.” Haera said and walked up the stairs.

She knocked on Sehun’s door but he kept quiet. “Oh Sehun, I know you’re not sleeping so just open the door.”

No respond. Haera sighed and open the door.

“What’s gotten into you?” She asked while sitting on Sehun’s bed.

“Nothing.” He said and buries his head into the pillow.

“I’m not an idiot.” Haera said and lies down beside him, slipping her arms around his waist and hugged him. “Tell me.”

“Nothing, really.” He said and turns around. “It’s just that you always around Jiyeong, it’s like you’ve forgotten me.”

Haera blinks a few times and stares at him. “Are you serious?” She asked. “You’re jealous over my own friend?”

“No, I mean yeah.” Sehun replied.

Haera laughed and pokes Sehun’s back. “She’s like an older sister to me.” She said. “And she’s a girl.”

“But still…”

“I’m yours forever. I promise.” She said and poked Sehun’s cheeks.

Sehun pouted and puffs his cheeks.

“You’re childish you know that?”

“Yeah. I’m born with it.”

“Shut up and kiss me already.” Haera said and pulled Sehun in for a kiss.

“We should really get things ready for your parents.” Sehun said after a long kiss.

“Yeah. We should.” Haera said and get off the bed.


“Are they here yet?” Haera asked while peeking through the windows.

“No, not yet.” Sehun said. “Sit down Haera, you keep asking the same question every 5 minutes.”

“Sorry.” Haera said and sat down. “I’m just a little nervous.”

“If anyone’s nervous, it should be me.” Sehun said.

“No, me.” Professor Oh said while coming up from his lab. “How am I supposed to explain things to your parents Haera? They won’t forgive me.”

“Ahjusshi, it’s fine. They’ll understand.” Haera said. “I’m sure of it. Well, not sure about mom though, dad’s cool but mum worries a little too much.”

Sehun chuckled. “You’re not supposed to say that.” He said. “Although I do agree that all moms worries too much.” He added.

“I think that’s them.” Jiyeong said when she heard the sound of tires outside.

Haera looked at Sehun. “Well, let’s do this.” She said and Sehun grabs her hand.

“It’ll be fine.” He said and kisses her forehead.

The doorbell rang and Jiyeong opened it. Haera’s parents walked in and all that can be heard was Haera’s mum gasping and the whole house was silent.


It’s been a month and I’m terribly sorry!

With my band’s concert coming up and stuff I was just really really tired everyday after school to update.

I’ll try to update once or twice every two to three months though.

Sorry! >.<