Chapter 3

I Am A Monster!

 

Sehun’s Point of View.

For the past few days I have trying to convince Haera to open the door and let me in, I wanted to talk to her, to comfort her. To tell the truth, I have a huge crush on her since we were very young, but I think she’ll only treat me as a cousin.

“Haera, I have your favorite cheesecake here. If your’re not opening the door I’m going to eat it all!” I said.

But there was no reply from her. Every single day, all she gave me was pure silent.

“Haera~ I have B.A.P’s and SHINee’s album here right in my hand! You want it? Come get it!” I said.

“Go away!” She finally said.

“Ah ha! I knew you would answer me!”

“Oppa, please just go away.” She said softly.

“Haera, I know this is hard for you but at least let me talk to you. Or let me go in, I promise I won’t laugh at you.” I said.

“No, don’t come in. I’m afraid of myself oppa. I don’t know what I might do next.” She told me.

“Haera…” I just wanted to see her.

“But oppa… Do you really have cheesecake with you now?”

“Yes… Why?”

“I’m hungry…” She said.

“Then let me in.”

“NO!”

“Haera please! I can help you!”

“You can help me by leaving me alone.” She said. Is she crying? That’s it! I’m going in.

I went outside, Haera’s room is on the second floor, the third room. Good, her window is opened. I climbed up and jumped in through the window.

“Wait what? How did you…” She looked shocked.

“Haera! Don’t you dare make me climb up again! It’s scary!” I joked. But she suddenly burst into tears.

“Don’t cry… I was just joking. It was easy to climb up here, I used to escape out from my room when my dad grounded me.” I said.

“Oppa, I’m sorry… I shouldn’t ignore you.” She said. Her tears are red in color, just like blood. I hugged her, let her cry on my shoulders.

“Hey, hey… It’s alright. Shh…” There was a red patch on my shirt, drenched in her tears.


Haera’s Point Of View

Every day Sehun oppa would be at me door, knocking, asking me to let him in. But I’m scared that I would hurt him. I’m scared that I will scare him. But today, he climbed up all the way to my room. The moment I saw him, I couldn’t hold back anymore and burst into tears. He hugged me and my red tears drenched his blue shirt.

“Oppa, I’m sorry… Your blue shirt has turned purple.” I said.

“Hey! This is my favorite shirt!” He said, jokingly.

The two of us started chatting and only he can make me laugh till I felt like I can blow up. Suddenly his face turned serious and stared at me.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Appa told me you’re not eating your meals, and you keep locking yourself up. Why Haera?”

“Because… Because I’m a monster.” I said.

“You are not a monster! You are my cousin! My friend!” He said.

“But I’m not a normal person! I’m abnormal!” I said.

“Haera, even though you look like this but you’re still you. You’re still the prettiest girl I have ever met!”

“Do you really think so?” I looked at him.

“Well, maybe not now… Your hair is a mess; your white dress is red in color… How long have you not showered?” He asked.

“Umm… Two weeks?” I said.

“You didn’t shower for two weeks? Oh god! Kim Haera!” He shouted.

“What? I was not in the mood to shower!” I said.

“You! Shower! Now!” He said, handing me the towel.

“Okay okay… Fine…” I said and went into the bathroom. It was great to have a warm shower after all this time.

“There, much better! Now, to do something about your hair.” Oppa said while looking at my hair. It was growing so long that it is dragging along no matter where I’m going.

“I’ve tried cutting it short, but three days later, it’ll grow back down to my ankle.” I said.

“What? Your hair is growing out of control! Where is the comb?” He looked around.

“Don’t bother combing it, it’ll get tangled up after a while.” I said.

“Done!” Oppa said after almost half an hour styling my hair. I looked into the mirror; he had tied my hair up in a ponytail… Just that it’s so long that I’m not sure if it can be called a ponytail.

“Oppa, you do know stuffs about girls huh?” I asked.

“Have you forgotten; when we were young, we used to play with your hair too.” Oppa said.

“Yeah, you would tie my hair up using different styles and use a lot of hair gel to make it stand up.” I said and we both laughed.

“There! That’s the Kim Haera I’ve known! Promise me you won’t isolate yourself anymore.” He said.

“But, what if people see me and got scared by me?” I asked.

“They won’t. Because you’re perfect!” He said and he smiled.

"Oppa... Thank you..." I said.

"For what?"

"For bringing me back to myself. You're the best ever!" I said, hugging him.

"Hey, you're my cousin sister, of course I will help you no matter what." He said. "So, wanna go out for a walk with me?" He asked.

"No... Not now. I'm still not prepared." I said.

"Okay, what about just around the house?" He hold my hand.

"O... Okay..." And we both went out of my room.

And he was right. No one in the mansion was scared of me, they all were glad that I finally came out of my room and even greeted me. 

"Haera! Finally you came out!" Ajusshi said when he saw me.

"Ajusshi... I'm sorry I made you worried or even upset." I said.

"It's alright. Sehun, I see you're the reason that Haera is here." 

"Appa... I just motivated her, that's all." 

"And you did a great job. Now how about you two go prepare for dinner? I'm very hungry now!"

"Of course you are master, you haven't eaten for 3 days!" The butler said.

"And my appetite is back!" Ajusshi said and laughed.