Chapter 27

I Am A Monster!

“What happened to you?” Haera’s mum gasped and asked.

“Uh… Surprise?” Haera smiled awkwardly and said.

“That’s it young lady.” Her mum said and grabbed her hand. “You’re going back with us.” She said.

“Hey, hey… Jikyung, calm down.” Haera’s dad said.

“How can I possibly calm down? Look at what’s happened to my daughter!”

“Sehun, where’s your father?” Mr. Kim said.

“Father’s back in the lab…” Sehun said. “I’ll go get him.” Sehun said and ran towards Professor Oh’s lab.

“Explain.” Mrs. Kim said and Haera looked at her.

“I have nothing to say.” Haera said. “If I said it you’ll drag me back to Seoul for sure.”

“You are coming back with us. We’ll get you treated there.”

“No.” Haera resisted her mum. “I’m not going back!” She said.

“Jikyung… I can explain.” Professor Oh came and said.

“Oppa, what have you done to my daughter?” Mrs. Kim said.

“I’m sorry Jikyung.”

“You’ve done this?” Mr. Kim asked.

“It was all an accident.” Haera said. “It’s my fault. I was clumsy and this happened to me.”

“No Haera.”

“This has nothing to do with ahjusshi.” Haera said.

“Haera…” Sehun looked at Haera.

Jiyeong felt the tensed up atmosphere and she felt that she had nothing to do with their family matter, so she walked away and just stayed in a corner, looking at them.

“No wonder you’re not willing to return to Seoul after so many months.” Mrs. Kim said. “So this is what happened.”

“Jikyung, listen, I can cure her. Just give me a few more months.”

“Cure? How?”

“I am working on it!”

“No.” Mrs. Kim said. “She is coming with us now.” She said and pulled Haera with her.

“Oppa…” Haera looked at Sehun.

“Ahjumma…” Sehun called. “Please, I promise I can take good care of Haera, just please, let her stay.” He said.

“Sehun, you must understand that I am worried of my daughter. I must bring her back.” Mrs. Kim said.

“Dad say something.” Haera said and looked at her dad.

“Your mother’s right Haera.”

“What?”

“You must come back with us. We can get you treated.”

“No.” Haera said. “I don’t want to.”

“Haera, please!” Mr. Kim said. “Just come with us.”

“Haera…” Sehun held her hands. “Just go back for a while. You can still come back here.” He whispered.

“Do you think I can possibly come back here? Do you think my mum would let me?” She whispered back.

“I’ll bring you back.” Sehun said. “Your mother is worried, just… For a few weeks?” He asked.

“Fine then oppa.” She said. “I’ll listen to you.”

“Now that’s my Haera.” Sehun said and pats her head. “I’ll miss you.”

“Oppa… Stop it.” She said. “You’re making me sad.”

“Haera.” Mrs. Kim called.

“I’ll follow you back.” Haera said.

The Kim family walked out of the mansion, Haera turned back to look at Sehun, he was not smiling as he was usually. He is sad, and so is Haera.

“Promise?” Haera asked.

“I promise.” Sehun said and kissed her cheek.


“Ahjusshi, how is Haera?” Sehun asked Mr. Kim.

“It’s been a week, and she still locks herself up in her room.” Mr. Kim said.

“Can I go and see her?”

“I’m afraid not Sehun.” He said. “You know your ahjumma… She’s a little too worried about everything.”

“Haera is not answering any of my calls.” Sehun said. “Are you sure she’s alright?”

“She’s fine.” Mr. Kim said. “Probably a little sad, a little heartbroken but she’s fine.”

“Can I at least talk to her?”

“Sehun, she doesn’t even answer me.” Mr. Kim said.

“There has to be a way.” Sehun said. “Thanks ahjusshi… I’ll call you again to check on her.”

“Take care Sehun.” Mr. Kim said and hung up.

“Still no news about how’s Haera’s doing?” Jiyeong asked.

“Her dad says that she’s fine.” Sehun said. “But I don’t think she is.”

“What can we do?”

“I don’t know.” Sehun sighed.

“You’re just gonna sit here and sigh?” Jiyeong asked.

“Well, what do you suggest?” Sehun asked.

“I have a plan.” Jieyong said.

“What?”

“We kidnap her back.”

“You crazy?” Sehun asked. “That’s impossible.”

“With the cooperation of Haera and her dad, it’s not entirely impossible.” Jiyeong shrugged.

“I don’t think he would want to help us.” Sehun said.

“You’ve never asked.” Jiyeong said. “How can you know he won’t?”

Sehun looked at her. “Who are you actually?”

“To be honest, I don’t either.” She said and smiled. “Now give me your phone, let me call her dad.”

And for the next 15 minutes, Jiyeong was on the phone with Haera’s dad, planning Haera’s escape and Sehun was in shock when Haera’s dad agrees to help them.

“I don’t want to see my daughter being like this.” He said. “I’ll help.”

“Wow…” Sehun looked at Jiyeong. “Impressive.” He said.

“That’s what I do best.” She said. “Get ready. We’re going to Seoul.” She said and tossed Sehun back his phone.

“Are you sure this is going to work?”

Jiyeong shrugged. “If we fail, it’s only a few years in prison.”

“Wait what? Prison?”

“Just messing with you.” She said and laughed. “Now hurry up! Do you want to see Haera or not.”

“Let’s go.”