Chapter 28

I Am A Monster!

Haera’s Point of View

Is this even real? Me, being back at home after so many months. My room still the way I left it but it was not dusty, mum had cleaners to come over every now and then to clean it for me. But I don’t like it here anymore; I’m not with Sehun oppa. He’s not here, he’s not even near Seoul. I want to go back there but mum, she doesn’t even let me step out of the house, not even a single minute.

“Haera, what are you trying to do?” She asked when I first attempted to walk out and have a little stroll around the garden.

“Go get some fresh air?”  I replied.

“No honey, it’s dangerous outside, people might see you. Just go to the balcony and its fine there.” She said.

I sighed and walked back to my room. What’s the use of having a door if I can’t even walk out of it?

“Haera?” I heard dad’s voice outside my room.

“Yeah?”

“You want dinner later?”

“No.” I said. “I don’t feel like it.”

“But it’s been three days you haven’t had anything, are you alright?”

“I’m fine.” I said. I really am. Like I’ve said before, I don’t feel hungry easily after my ‘transformation’. “Just let me be alone for a while.”

“Very well then.” Dad said. “Just don’t do anything stupid alright?”

I kept quiet. I don’t even have the mood to do anything stupid like tear up the walls or ran through the walls. My phone rang for a while but I didn’t bother to even look for it, it must be there, under the table or anywhere. I’m sick of everything. But after thinking for a while that it could be Sehun oppa, I immediately stood up and went searching for my phone. Yup, I was right, it was under my bed. I checked the call logs and holy , 50 missed calls, all from Sehun oppa. I smiled stupidly, staring at the screen. I quickly dialed his number and waited and he picks up on the first few rings.

“Oh my god finally you called me!” He said.

“Hey oppa.”

“Are you alright?”

“Of course I’m alright.” I said.

“Why didn’t you answer any of my calls before?” He asked.

“I’m sorry oppa.” I said. “I was just depressed at the moment.”

“Listen.” He said with a firm voice. “You’re coming back here alright?”

“I want to.”

“I know.” He said. “I’ll be getting you back.”

“How?”

“Just wait and see.” He said and that made me curious.

“Just tell me how.”

“Nope. It’ll be a complete surprise.”

I sighed and smiled. Sehun oppa is just as cheeky as ever.

“Alright then.” I said. “What am I supposed to do?”

“Just stay put first.” He said.

“What?”

“Don’t go anywhere.” He said and I was confused. “Walk towards the window.” He said.

“And?” I asked and flowed what he said.

“Now turn around, face the door.” He said and I turned.

“You’re coming in?” I asked.

“Nope.” He said. “Now turn around.”

I turned around and this time, I froze on the spot. My eyes went wide open and my mouth hung open. Sehun oppa is just standing right in front of my eyes.

“Wha- how… What?” I am out of words.

“Tadah.” He said, panting a little. “Surprise.”

“Did you just…”

“Climb into your house? Yeah.” He said and smiled.

“How did you get past the dogs?”

“What? y? I’ve known that dog for 10 years, he knows me.”

“No no, the new ones.” I asked.

“Your dad helped.” Oppa said. “Oh yeah, Jiyeong’s waiting outside, so let’s hurry.”

“What the hell is this an escape plan?” I asked, confused.

“Yup.” He said and pulled my hand. “Now let’s go.”

“What am I supposed to tell my mum?”

“Don’t bring your phone.” He said and puts my phone on the dressing table.

“But…”

“No buts, hurry up.” He said and pulled my hand.

“Okay.” I said. “Front door?” I asked.

“Where else would we be going?” He smirked.

I knew instantly that this plan is crazy. Sneaking towards the front door with my mum still in the house? Sound easy but nope, my mum is so sensitive that even the slightest sound can alert her.

“Where’s your mum?” Oppa whispered.

“In her room possibly. Or the kkitchen.” I whispered back.

“Let’s just go quietly shall we?” He asked and I nodded.

We managed to sneak past my parent’s room, but the thing is, I’m not even sure where my mum is. Oppa was walking down the stairs when he almost bump into one of the vase there.

“Oppa!” I whispered.

“Sorry!” He whispered back. “I’ll be more careful.”

We literally tiptoed down the stairs and towards the front door, his hand was on the handle when we heard a sound behind us. I turned around and for one moment, my heart almost stopped.

“Dad! You almost scared me to death.” I said.

“Sorry.” He said and smiled. “Go, I’ll talk to your mum about this.”

“You won’t tell her right?”

“She’s bound to find out.”

“Keep this a secret please, just for now.” I said.

“I know.” Dad said. “I won’t tell.”

“Thanks dad.” I said. “I love you.”

Dad smiled and nods. “Now go.”

Oppa grabs my hand and the next thing I know, we were running out the house, passing through the gardens and into oppa’s car, with Jiyeong at the driver’s seat.

“Yehet.” Sehun oppa said to me and smiled.

“And what does that supposed to mean?” I asked.

“Nothing.” He said. “Let’s go.”

Jiyeong smiled at me and stepped on the pedal.


Jiyeong’s Point of View

Hold up, is that Haera’s parents? Why do I have a feeling that I have seen them before? It’s this strange feeling that I know them. Do I? They looked so familiar that it hurts my head just by thinking about it.

But when they forcefully bring Haera back, I can see that Oh Sehun is crushed. He was silent the next few days, making me feeling so uncomfortable. I tried to cheer him up but, nope, he’s totally shut off. But when I came up with that brilliant plan of ‘kidnapping’ Haera, he looked like a kid that just got access to the cookie jar. So we contacted her father, and started planning out plans.

“Wait, you’re saying that you’re climbing up to her room and enter through the window?” I asked.

“Yeah. Been there, done that.” He said.

“You’re creepy.”

“Not as creepy as you are.”

“Excuse me?”

“Just kidding.” He said and laughed.

I have this feeling that I have to know more about Haera and her family. Seeing her parents made me feel that there’s a connection between us. Maybe I can ask her? Maybe her parents know something?