Chapter 29

I Am A Monster!

After that escape from Haera’s house, Jiyeong had been restless. She keeps mumbling to herself and Haera could hear her asking questions to herself.

“No, no. It can’t be.” She said to herself.

“Jiyeong, what are you doing? You’ve been pacing around my room for the past 15 minutes.” Haera said and looked at her.

“I’m sorry Haera. I’ve just been thinking about some things.”

“A penny for your thoughts?”

“Haera, I’m not sure about this myself but you’ve got to trust me. Please, can you help me?”

“What?” Haera blinked.

“I think… Your parents know something about me. That’s what I think.”

“Why would you think that?” Haera asked.

“It’s because your parents seems so familiar. I don’t know why but that day, when I saw them, something hit me, hard. It’s like memories of my childhood coming back right at me.” Jiyeong explained.

“I see…” Haera nods. “I’ll help. Maybe dad knows something.”

“Wait. I’m not that sure yet.” Jiyeong stopped Haera when she was about to use Sehun’s phone to call her dad.

“Well, then let’s make sure of it.”

“But what if there’s nothing. I mean what if it was just my imagination?”

“We still have to make sure of it right?” Haera asked. “Don’t worry, six senses are always right.”

Haera dialed up her father’s number and he answered after a few tries.

“Sehun what are you…”

“Hey dad.” Haera said cheerfully.

“Oh, Haera! How are you? I’ve tried calling you these past few days and I realized that you’ve left your phone in your room.”

“I’m fine dad. How’s mum?”

“She’s… Taking it well. She’s gone to Bali to calm herself down.”

“It’s the best for her.” Haera said. “Besides, Bali is a nice place. Anyway dad, I have something to ask you.”

“What’s that?”

“Jiyeong. You’ve seen her before right?”

“No, no not really.” Her dad said. “Why would you ask?”

“Well, I feel that she may have a connection with us… With you.”

“What?”

“Can we meet up dad? I feel like you need to talk to her.” Haera said while glancing at Jiyeong.

“Okay. I want to meet her in person too. I’m going to your ahjusshi’s place.”

“I’ll see you later.” Haera said.

“So…”

“My dad’s coming over.” Haera said and smiled. “Then we can have a little talk.”

“I just wish that, we could figure something about me. At least, about my family.” Jiyeong said.

“Hey.” Haera looked at her and smile. “We can. And we would.”

“And what are you two up to?” Sehun asked, poking his head into Haera’s room. “Have you seen my phone?”

“Oh, it’s here.” Haera said and wave Sehun’s phone. “I’ll explain later.”


“Oh what am I supposed to ask?” Jiyeong asked Haera.

“Uhm, I don’t know… Anything, I supposed? Well we can’t really do anything yet until my dad gets here.” Haera said and Jiyeong nods.

“Yeah. You’re right.”

The three of them waited for quite a while and then they hear the noise of a car pulling up in front.

“I think he’s here.” Haera said and she went to the door. “Dad.” She gave her dad a hug.

“Haera. You’re looking fine.” Her dad said and they both went in to the living room.

“Dad, this is Jiyeong and Jiyeong, this is my dad.”

“Mr. Kim I’m sorry to bother you but maybe, just maybe, you would know something about me?” Jiyeong asked.

Haera’s dad looked at Jiyeong for a moment then he turned to Haera. “Sweetie, could you leave us alone for a while. I have something to talk to Jiyeong for a while.”

Haera nods. Although she is curious of what’s going to happen, she just pulled Sehun to the kitchen.

“I have a feeling that she’s related to me.” Haera said. “Well, I mean not me, to my dad.”

“What?” Sehun looked at her.

“I think…” Haera said and looked back at Sehun. “I think she is my parent’s long lost daughter.”

“WHAT?” Sehun’s eyes widen. “What are you talking about?”

“My mum had told me about this… She told me that her baby girl got kidnapped in the hospital after a day she was born.” Haera said. “Maybe that baby is Jiyeong. Because of that they went to the orphanage and got me.”

“Do you even remember this stuff?”

“Nope. I was just about 10 months old. My mum told me that too.”

“This is weird.” Sehun said. “What if she’s really your parent’s child?”

“Then I’ll have a sister.” Haera smiled.

“Or maybe your parents will abandon you…?” Sehun said. “Did you not think of that?”

“They won’t.” Haera said. “I guess. I mean I’ve been their child since I was still a baby. Surely they could have feelings for me.”

“Yeah.” Sehun said. “You’re right. I’m just an idiot.”

Haera laughed. “No you’re not. You’re just cute.”

Just as the two of them were fooling around in the kitchen, Jiyeong came walking in and she was smiling from ear to ear.

“Guys, you can’t believe what I’ve got.”

“What is it?” Sehun asked her.

“Apparently Haera’s dad is not my dad.” Jiyeong said. “But, he is my dad’s cousin which means if he calls my dad, I can get to meet him!”

“Say what?” Haera looked at her.

“I’m so nervous. Your dad is calling him now, oh god I get to see my family!”

Haera smiled and hugged her. “That’s great Jiyeong!” She said.

The three of them walked out to the living room and waited for Haera’s dad to finish talking on the phone.

“Yes. I’ll be over here waiting for you.” He said and puts down the phone.

“Are they coming?”

“Yes.” Mr. Kim said and smiled. “They’ll be here in about half an hour.

Jiyeong squealed in excitement.

“Come on.” Haera said and pulled Jiyeong’s arm. “We go get something nice for you to wear!” She said and pulled her upstairs.

“Pfftt. Girls.” Sehun said and walked away.

“Oh no.” Haera said and pulled Sehun with her. “We’re gonna need a second opinion.”

Sehun rolled his eyes and followed them upstairs.

“How’s this?” Jiyeong asked while looking into the mirror.

“You look great!” Haera said. “Oppa oppa what do you think?”

“It’s nice.” Sehun just nods his head and continues scrolling on his phone.

“You’re not even looking.” Haera said and pulled his ears.

“Hey hey ouch ouch!” Sehun yelled and stood up. “Okay okay! It’s really pretty!”

Jiyeong blushed. Sehun’s words always makes her blush. She knew that Sehun and Haera are together but she couldn’t help falling for Sehun. He’s too perfect to be true. Jiyeong shook her head, no. Haera have been like a sister to me, I can’t do this to her.

“Jiyeong? We’ll be downstairs if you need us.” Haera said. “Just come down whenever you’re ready.” She said and smiled.

Jiyeong took a deep breath and walked downstairs. She sat down on the couch to wait for her parents to arrive.

“She looks like she’s nervous.”

“Of course.” Sehun said. “Would you be nervous if your parents are coming to see you?”

“We’ve been through that.” Haera said and laughed, thinking back to what happened the last time her parents came to visit.

“No, I mean your real parents.” Sehun said. “Like your birth parents.”

“Oh…” Haera said. “I guess.”

“I’m sorry.” Sehun suddenly apologized. “I shouldn’t have…”

Haera smiled and hugged his arm. “Don’t be. The past is in the past.”

“They’re here.” Jiyeong stood up and said. “I can hear car doors slamming.”

All of them went to the door and opened it. Jiyeong hid in the kitchen, she was shy.

“Where is she?” Jiyeong heard. It’s her mother!

Haera invited all of them inside and went to the kitchen to get Jiyeong.

“Come on.” Haera said. “Stop hiding!” She said and pulled her out.

All Jiyeong heard is gasps and the next thing she knows, all eyes were on her.


I have no idea where am I going with this but I'm sticking to it.

OMG I am so, so, so, so sorry with the lack of updates. I was being super lazy and busy with exams but that's over now.

I graduated high school! Yay!

Thanks for staying and being patient with me though, you guys rock!

Next time when I got lazy, please write in the comments like WHERE IS THE UPDATE? or something like that teehee