chapter o2 ;; first mission

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter o2;                                                                                                                              

       First Mission   

 

“I heard Zero was going to be a large group. I think seven isn’t that large,” Sunghee commented, looking puzzled as she looked around the bus to take in the weird expressions her fellow members were giving her.

 

The bus left the Yangjae-dong bus station an hour ago, and they were on their way to get the last eight members. Tokki PD sat beside the driver as the cameras were stationed on different angles to capture everyone.

 

It was quiet, since the girls talked mostly to their seatmates. They weren’t all exactly best friends, but they have seen each other a lot in practice rooms, so they kind of knew each other.

 

They can’t just walk up to someone and poke them on the shoulder, asking them to be their friend.

 

Well, maybe Jarin would do that, but it wasn’t likely right now because of the peaceful atmosphere.

 

“Why don’t we introduce each other? With nicknames so we can be more comfortable?” Dayoon suggested mischievously, grinning as the others started to nod along with her. Even the cold looking Sookyung agreed to it. Dayoon turned facing the aisle, signaling for her to go first.

 

“Hello everyone! I’m Yoo Dayoon, please call me Dayoon or Dayoonie. Whatever you prefer-“

 

“I like Dayoonie!” Jiyoung shouted immediately, raising her hand quickly as the others laughed at her action. Dayoon smiled gratefully at Jiyoung.

 

“Cool. It sounds awesome. Who’s next?” Dayoon asked as she leaned back, the girls looking at each other nervously.

 

“Me! Me! OH PLEASE PICK ME-“

 

“Just introduce yourself Sunghee, or so help me-“ Sookyung started to say, feeling irritation bubbling in her as she glared at her seatmate, but it quickly evaporated when Sunghee grinned foolishly, clearing so everyone would glance at her.

 

“From a far away land, a baby girl with two front teeth was born-“

 

“Cut to now please,” Sookyung ordered bluntly as Sunghee nodded, clearing once more.

 

“At the age of-“

 

“She’s Ahn Sunghee, and please call her Hee or Godzilla!” Sookyung said rapidly, slapping her palm on her forehead as Sunghee was poised to speak.

 

“Well, uhm, nice to meet you all?” Sunghee asked confusingly as her raised hand went to back of her head, rubbing it sheepishly. Eunmi rolled at her eonni’s messy introduction. A person cleared their throat, and it was Jarin.

 

“HULLO! I’m Geum Jarin, and please call me Jarin, Choring or simply Insane. I get it a lot I guess,” Jarin smiled widely, enough to scare a large bear, “And I’m Korean-American,” Jarin finished in English as Saebyul’s eyes widened.

 

“You know how to speak in English? Are you serious?!” Saebyul asked in perfect English, pointing at Jarin whose jaw dropped in surprise.

 

“Yes! I KNOW HOW TO SPEAK THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE!”

 

“Me too!” Saebyul exclaimed back as Jarin spread out her arms wide, inviting her in a hug. Saebyul immediately got up from her seat, running towards Jarin to hug her.

 

“Where have you been all my life?!” Jarin demanded as Saebyul took the seat next to Jarin, the window seat.

 

“Oh, in Miami, US of A!”

 

“Awesome!”

 

“Guys! Korean please?” Eunmi reasoned, standing up to peek at the two Korean-Americans. Jarin saluted Eunmi happily as the younger rolled her eyes, sitting back down.

 

“My turn. I’m Choi Sookyung everyone, and I promise to serve you all with gratitude,” Sookyung said in a grave voice and a straight face, making everyone crack up.

 

“Dude, you look like you’re going to serve the army!”

 

“General Choi!” Jiyoung blurted out, and since then, General Choi has stuck with her. Sookyung blushed and hid behind Sunghee who was swaying from side to side. Again.

 

“Well, I’m Kwon Eunmi. That’s all you need to know because you all might be potential kidnappers in the future,” Eunmi stated in a clipped voice as the girls exchanged amused looks, except for Jiyoung who groaned, putting her face in her hands. Eunmi stood up and glared at all of them before sitting back down.

 

“Awww, she’s so cute!”

 

“Look at those puffy cheeks!”

 

“I am not CUTE!” Eunmi barked from her seat, scowling at the notebook in her hands as she heard the comments about her. The girls laughed as Jiyoung shook her head in enthusiasm, ruffling up Eunmi’s hair again.

 

“She’s Ms. Teeny’s Mother,”

 

“More like Ms. Teeny’s Dictator,” Jarin commented thoughtfully as Saebyul poked her cheek to .

 

“Yah Byul! Don’t do that to me!” Jarin shouted in English, making Saebyul giggle.

 

“Alright, I guess it’s my turn. I’m Ryu Jiyoung, but you guys can call me Jiyoung or Pijiyoung because I love pigeons, or just plain Ji-“

 

“How about G-Pigeon? It’s like a twist on G-Dragon, and since your name sounds similar to G-Dragon sunbae’s real name, it suits you,” Sunghee chimed, everyone glancing at her as Sunghee her invisible beard. Sookyung’s eyes bulged at the creative comment from Sunghee.

 

“Did you just say something smart?!”

 

“THE APOCALPYSE! IT’S COMING!” Dayoon shouted as Jarin pretended to faint, falling on Saebyul’s shoulder.

 

Jiyoung shook her head, laughing at the girls. She liked them more and more.

 

“G-Pigeon sounds awesome. I love it,” Jiyoung happily stated as Dayoon gave her a subtle wink. Eunmi frowned at the exchange between the two. Jiyoung was her eonni.

 

“Eonni! Eonni! Look at the picture I drew!” Eunmi pestered as Jiyoung glanced at Eunmi, looking at the picture she drew. It was a picture of a dog, and it was a good drawing.

 

“Wow Eunmi, that’s really great!” Jiyoung complimented, patting Eunmi’s head as the younger smiled in satisfaction.

 

Just then, Tokki PD stood up, walking over to face the girls. She cleared as the girls focused on Tokki PD. Feeling slightly self-conscious, she gestured to their surroundings. They were somewhere in a bus station in Seoul. They have traveled far, though they hardly noticed.

 

“Whoa, look at how many people are here!” Eunmi commented, her hands and face pressed on the glass in excitement as she watched the people. Jiyoung pulled Eunmi back.

 

Tokki PD presented a card with the number zero in grey and the Pledis logo as she held an iPad on her hand with a twenty minute timer. Jiyoung, being the nearest, got the card graciously and scanned it.

 

“What does it say?” Saebyul asked meekly as Jiyoung cleared , narrowing her eyes.

 

“Well, it’s in English-“

 

“Pass it to Choring, eonni!” Dayoon exclaimed as Jiyoung nodded, passing the paper to Dayoon who passed it to Sunghee, then to Jarin. Jarin read the card and nodded to herself.

 

“It basically says that we have to find the last eight members of Zero within twenty minutes and get on the bus in time to leave. If you haven’t found the member, you will go to the 63 Building alone. But, if you have found your member but didn’t get on the bus in time, you have to go to 63 building with your partner in a Pledis car you can find around the area. There are two pairs of girls, and if you find them, you have to take them with you. And it also says the mission starts now. That’s lovely,” Jarin explained calmly, blinking.

 

After a few seconds of silence:

 

“GET OUT! GET OUT OF THE BUS!” Sookyung, or General Choi, shouted frantically as she bolted out of her seat, already running outside of the bus as

 

“AHHH! WAIT FOR ME!” Sunghee shouted as she also bolted out of the bus, the others quickly following. Soon, VJs followed the girls outside as Tokki PD cackled, pressing the start button on her timer.

 

“Aigoo! I don’t know Seoul that much!” Jarin expressed her frustration, the camera following her every move. She whipped her head from left to right, trying to find a girl that looked like a potential member of a girl group.

 

“Eh, they didn’t even tell us what they look like!” Eunmi complained, running to keep up with Jiyoung who was scanning the area, feeling adrenaline pumping through her veins.

 

“Why is everyone running? Is this war?” Sookyung joked as she strolled leisurely, looking for the members, laughing to herself as she saw Sunghee ask a man if he was a member of Zero.

 

“I must find the members. Don’t tell them, but I know someone already who was rumored to be one of the members. I actually have her number.” Dayoon smiled teasingly at the camera before whipping out her phone that was in her pocket. She scrolled through her contacts as she started to jog for no reason. She raised the phone to her ear as it rang.

 

“Oh – it’s Ms. Teeny’s Dic- I mean Mother and G-Pigeon!” Dayoon exclaimed, pointing across the street to see the duo asking teenager after teenager if they were a member of Zero.

 

“Oh look, Eunmi’s-“

 

“ARE YOU OR ARE YOU NOT A MEMBER OF ZERO?!” Dayoon heard Eunmi screech as the two teenagers they were interrogating fled the scene. Dayoon started to laugh, but then someone on the other line started to talk.

 

“Omo – is that a member? She has a paper stuck on her back with the Zero symbol,” Jarin pointed at thoughtfully as she approached the girl.

 

“Eh, I’m no good in these games.” Saebyul pouted as she, like Sookyung, walked leisurely through Seoul to look for a Zero member. Just then, she spotted a girl waving at her. Saebyul’s eyes widened.

 

“Hey! HEY YOU! Are you a member of Zero?!” Jarin shouted at the girl who was standing in front of a restaurant, a hat on her head grinning at Jarin. Jarin approached her immediately, bowing first.

 

“I’m sorry for shouting stranger, but are you-“

 

“Took you long enough. I’m Geum Yijun, but you can call me Jun. Don’t you dare touch my hat,” Geum Yijun said quickly. Jarin was still fascinated with her style to notice they had the same last name. Yijun’s style was considered as idol-fashion. She had an oversized black and white printed shirt, white leggings, high cut sneakers, brown hair with purple highlights and a beanie.

 

Jarin snapped back into reality and grinned at her new friend and group mate.

 

“Well Geum Yijun, let’s stick together and get to the bus first eh?”


author's note; lol sorry i lied when i said the last eight will be introduced here ;A; the next chapter will reveal the rest of 'em ^^ oh also, i might not update for three days because i'll be on a trip (readers: WAE IS AUTHOR-NIM ALWAYS ON A TRIP?!) so sorry if i won't update for three days ^^; but as soon as i get back, i promise, i'll be brainstorming while typing the third chapter. for now, i hope you enjoyed it :)


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)