chapter o5 ;; start of the game

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter o5;                                                                                                                              

       Start of the Game   

The game wasn’t intense in the first place. Tokki PD intended the game for them to bond together. But seemed like everyone was an individual player. Let’s see how Eunmi is doing.

 

“My eonnis are too serious. Especially General Choi and G-Pigeon eonni. Both of them are really ace players when it comes to games,” Eunmi praised surprisingly, smiling childishly at the camera as she tried to jog normally, considering the heavy weight on her. Just then, the VJ asked Eunmi a question.

 

“Who is the eonni that isn’t good in playing games? Hmmm, I have to say Byul eonni or Hee eonni. Byul eonni doesn’t look like the playful type and Hee eonni is more confused in life than me, and I’m eleven,” Eunmi joked, laughing at the thought of Sunghee and Saebyul trying to eliminate someone. She then scouted the area and saw someone crouching behind a table.

 

“Omo!”

 


 

“When I find Saebyul and her sidekick, I’m going to take them down,” Sookyung  promised as she ran a bit, so whenever she sees an attacker, she already ahs a head start. She glanced at the camera smirking. She was on the 5th floor, near a shop’s entrance when she spotted someone in a black vest and a gun.

 


 

“Aigoo, it’s hard to find these cards,” Jarin said tiredly, slumping as she ran, looking left to right. She lost Saebyul on her way to the 4th floor since Sunghee chased them.

 

“If I see her, I will take her gun and spray her instead,” Jarin told the camera, smiling at the prospect of Sunghee being announced as out. Jarin glanced to her right to see Jiyoung with a gun. Jarin’s eyes widened, but instead of running, she approached the railing of the 4th floor to see Jiyoung better. Jarin grinned, thinking of an epic plan.

 

“I have a plan,” Jarin whispered to the camera excitedly before cupping her hands on either side of .

 

“G-PIGEON!” Jarin shouted as loud as she can, Jiyoung stopping midway from her story to look down. Her eyes widened considerably as she saw Jarin waving at her happily. Jiyoung tried out for an innocent grin, trying to hide her gun.

 

“I’m going to get Jarin first,” Jiyoung whispered to the camera, still smiling at Jarin.

 

“Eonni, why don’t you eliminate me!” Jarin yelled, teasing Jiyoung as Jiyoung shook her head, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

 

“Why would I eliminate you! You’re my friend! In fact, eonni will come down to get you, stay there!” Jiyoung turned to the camera, smiling victoriously.

 

“Jarin is easy to eliminate-“

 

“Oh Sookyung eonni! Why are you behind Jiyoung?” Jarin called out, blowing Sookyung’s cover to tackle Jiyoung down and get the gun. Jiyoung immediately turned around to see Sookyung half-bent, arms stretched to get the gun in Jiyoung’s hand.

 

Jarin started laughing, happy to get these two together.

 

The two aces, face to face. Oh, this is going to be good.

 

“YAH JARIN! I THOUGHT WE WERE ON THE SAME TEAM?!” Sookyung yelled in anger before taking off, Jiyoung on her heels. Jarin chuckled, walking leisurely towards the elevator.

 

“I like to tease Sookyung eonni,” Jarin admitted sheepishly, the door of the elevator opening. Jarin’s eyes widened, seeing someone already inside.

 


 

“I need to take someone as hostage,” Dayoon spoke to the camera seriously as she scouted the 2nd floor. She was one of the people who stayed in the low floors than go up to the 7th floor. She knew there was also someone lurking around here. Dayoon walked around as normal as she could. In the corner of her eye, a plant moved.

 

She kept walking though, pretending she didn’t see.

 

A few more seconds and- Dayoon thought before turning around in frenzy, shouting “BOO!”

 

“AH!” A girlish scream issued from the girl hiding behind the plant as she bolted, Dayoon on her heels.

 

“YAH! I’M A HIDER!” Dayoon tried to bribe, chasing the girl as fast as she could.


”I CAN SEE YOUR GUN YOU KNOW!” The girl shouted back as Dayoon’s mind kicked to overdrive. She has been this way before, and she had a set plan.

 

“DON’T TURN LEFT!” Dayoon instructed, smirking as the girl turned left. The girl looked horrified as she was faced with a white wall. Dayoon cornered the girl, raising her loaded gun while smiling.

 

“Got you,” Dayoon told her as the girl sighed, blowing the bangs off her face.

 

She suddenly thought of a brilliant plan.

 

“I can call the hiders! I can tell them to pair up with me, and you can eliminate them!” The girl proposed excitedly as Dayoon lowered her gun.

 

“You would do that?” Dayoon asked cautiously, stepping closer to the girl. She nodded in affirmation as Dayoon shook hands with her.

 

“Great. What’s your name?” Dayoon asked her in a friendly manner, the two walking away from the dead and going back to the way they came from.

 

“I’m Jung Re In, but please call me Rainy,” Rainy introduced herself, smiling happily. Dayoon nodded.

 

“I’m Yoo Dayoon, but call me Dayoon. So, whose number do you have?” Dayoon questioned suddenly as Rainy took out her phone, scrolling through her contacts.

 

“I have Saebyul’s number. But you can’t spray her because you don’t have a partner right?” Rainy asked Dayoon as she stopped on her tracks. Dayoon immediately started to laugh in disbelief as Rainy laughed at her loudly.

 

“Aish, I’LL SEE YOU LATER! I’LL FIND THIS GUY FIRST!” Dayoon shouted as she bolted away from Rainy, leaving Rainy in shock.

 

“That Dayoon is a weird one,” Rainy commented as she went back to her mission.

 


 

Aixing grinned as she found a hint card, turning it over to see the words “SHIN” written in Korean. Aixing jumped up and down happily, waving the card to the camera.


”I found one! But, hmmm, I don’t seem to understand what Shin means. I wish Youya was- Oh, who is that?” Aixing asked the camera curiously as she saw a boy wearing a red shirt, walking slowly in front of Aixing.

 

Aixing approached the boy, tapping him on the shoulder. The boy jumped turning around as his eyes widened at the girl in front of him.

 

“You look like this-“ Aixing said straightforwardly, showing the boy the picture in the bond paper she was holding. Since it covered Aixing’s face, she peeked behind the bond paper to see the boy smile and nodded.

 

“And you’re…Liang Aixing?” The boy asked as Aixing blinked in confusion before nodding, smiling and putting down the paper.

 

“Yes! Yes I am! What’s your name?” Aixing asked happily as the boy bowed as a form of respect and greeting.

 

“I’m Wen Junhui. I’m Chinese, are you also?” Junhui asked curiously as Aixing nodded.

 

“Chinese-Tibetan, actually,” Aixing responded, an awkward silence after this. Just then the cameraman gave them a white band to wear. Aixing accepted it with two hands, inclining her head.

 

“Oh, thank you. Junhui-ssi, shall we put this on?” Aixing asked, but it’s like she didn’t need to. She held Junhui’s wrist, putting the band on him first before she put it on herself. Junhui was surprised by the action, but nonetheless, at least he didn’t need to make the first move.

 

“Liang Aixing and Wen Junhui are now together. Liang Aixing and Wen Junhui are now together,” someone announced through the speakers as the two Chinese blushed.

 


 

“Omo, Wen Junhui and Liang Aixing? Aigoo, this guy is getting my friend!” Youya exclaimed, stomping her foot. She sighed dejectedly and looked around. It was a big mistake.

 

There was Jiyoung chasing someone. Youya went to the side so the mysterious Jiyoung was chasing could go through. Jiyoung glanced at Youya incredulously as Youya made a disbelieving face.

 

“What? I’m Chinese.”

 


 

“It’s hard to find this girl!” Soonyoung shouted in frustration. He has been using the elevator to go up and down, and not one of the girls presented themselves to him. Soonyoung sighed for the umpteenth time today as the elevators split open.

 

“Omo hello.” Jarin immediately bowed to at Soonyoung as Soonyoung bowed down to Jarin. Jarin looked closely at Soonyoung, trying to match his face in the bond paper she was holding.

 

“Oh, please step inside,” Soonyoung offered as Jarin nodded, going inside the elevator, pressing the 3rd floor button.

 

“You’re not Daichi Chiwa?” Soonyoung asked curiously, hoping really it was her. He wanted to eliminate people already. Jarin shook her head.

 

“I’m Geum Jarin. Are you by any chance, Kwon Soonyoung of SEVENTEEN?” Jarin prompted, the names of Seventeen flowing in her mind. Soonyoung nodded, surprised.

 

“Yeah. Why?”

 

“So this is Choi Hansol? The Korean-American?” Jarin asked excitedly as she showed Soonyoung her bond paper. Soonyoung nodded again, chuckling a bit. The elevator doors opened as Jarin bowed happily to Soonyoung before getting out.

 

“And to help you, find Yoo Dayoon. This is her picture-“ Jarin showed Soonyoung Dayoon’s picture on her phone. “If you find her, you can find Daichi. Good luck!” And with that, Jarin waved in farewell before sprinting away with renewed spirit.

 

“I know now my partner, all I need to do is find him,” Jarin told the camera happily, feeling accomplished. While running, she stopped when she saw a guy in a coat. She squinted her eyes suspiciously, approaching him.

 

“Do you want to find Choi Hansol?” The mysterious man in the coat asked as Jarin nodded.

 

“Follow me.” And with that, the mysterious man, Jarin and the cameraman went to the basement, going over to the panel room where all the switches were, the switches to turn off or turn on the electricity.

 

“Turn this switch off,” the man instructed nicely as Jarin reached over to turn this switch off.

 

“I don’t know why this would help, and I feel sorry for Sunghee because she can’t see much the dark but-“

 

“AHHHHH!” Someone screamed in Mariah Carey’s highest voice, shocking the man, the cameraman and Jarin.

 

“Was that…Hansol?!” Jarin demanded as she turned the lights on again. The man nodded, chuckling.

 

“He’s afraid of the dark.” 


author's note; sorry if not everyone is in this chapter! it will be too long, and i would drag, so i decided to cut it short here :) there will be more characters in the next chapter, please anticipate ^^;;


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)