chapter 23 ;; caring sam

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 23;                                                                                                                              

       Caring Sam   

“Cha! So you all finished your dinner right?” Tokki PD asked as ZERO and SEVENTEEN responded with ready, “Yes!”

 

Doogi PD smiled beside Tokki PD, excited for what will happen next. Tokki PD cleared and pointed at the cardboard boxes, sleeping bags and folded tents on the floor.

 

“Now, you have to make your tent, ready your sleeping bag, and feel comfortable in your cardboard mattress. The mattress on the floor can be used for the losers. He winners will get to sleep in the tent. Any questions?” Doogi PD explained as SEVENTEEN and ZERO shook their heads.

 

“Okay. Start!” And with that, SEVENTEEN and ZERO shuffled off to get their respective sleeping materials.

 

“Yah eonni! DON’T STEAL THE TENT!”

 

“Doyoon hyung! That’s ours!”

 

“Here’s your cardboard!”

 

Everything was chaos. Everyone started fighting and bribing the winners that they also had the tent, but in the end, Seungcheol and won over Doyoon. Doyoon just laid on the mattress like it was no one’s business. Kiana glared at him, but said nothing.

 

Aixing started smoothing out her sleeping bag that she will share with Youya. Aixing glanced up to grin at Youya’s joke.

 

“So Xing Xing, do you want to be on the left or the- Aixing?” Youya furrowed her eyebrows as she caught Aixing’s distracted look. Aixing wasn’t looking at Youya anymore, and instead, at the Chinese who was far behind her. Youya squinted her eyes and turned around, spotting Junhui conversing with Ming Ming in front of the camera.

 

Youya rolled her eyes and snapped her fingers in front of her friend’s face. Aixing blinked, blushing as she saw the knowing look on Youya’s face.

 

“Junhui eh?” Youya teased, smoothing her side of the sleeping bag as Aixing blushed a deeper shade of red.

 

“It’s not like that!”

 


 

“Yah, get up you lazy !” Kiana scolded Doyoon who was laying on his stomach, on top of the mattress. No matter what Kiana did to him – kicked or slapped – he didn’t budge.

 

“I don’t want to,” Doyoon whined, his voice slightly muffled as Kiana blew the bangs off her forehead, irritated with his guy.

 

“Ha! You’re sleeping in a sleeping bag! I’m sleeping in this tent!” Seunggwan started to tease Sunghee who was curled up in her sleeping bag, playing with her phone. Sunghee looked up and stuck her tongue out, making faces as Seunggwan did the same, but from the comforts of the tent.

 

Seokmin started making his cardboard, with Wonwoo who was going to sleep beside him. In rare times, he glanced towards Sookyung to see how she was doing. He grinned as he saw her doing basic stretching. He knew she liked exercising, and he was ecstatic to see her still doing it. Wonwoo noticed it and looked behind him, chuckling.

 

“Yah Seokmin-ah, don’t be a ert~” Wonwoo teased as Seokmin’s eyes widened, his cheeks reddening.

 

“What?! I’m not a ert! H-How about you always looking at Miyasha?!” Seokmin demanded as Wonwoo blushed red too, putting a finger to his lips.

 

“Seokmin! Shh!”

 

Yijun, Rainy and Jadyn were entertaining fans in the other room, doing a mini-skit wherein Yijun is the father and Rainy and Jadyn aren’t allowed to be together.

 

Dayoon played with Samuel a bit, the two inside the tent of Seunggwan for awhile.

 

Jarin and Saebyul were instructed to go to Camera 9 to answer some of the fan’s questions. So, Jarin and Saebyul got Saebyul’s laptop and sat in the room where SEVENTEEN always answered questioned and spoke in English.

 

“Hello everyone! Geum Jarin and-“

 

“Song Saebyul here!” Saebyul completed Jarin’s sentence, both of them grinning as Saebyul logged in her ustream account, seeing the chat that was like a waterfall falling down fast. Saebyul tried to read, but her eyes were hurting.

 

“Wow, there are a lot of fans now!” Jarin commented, glancing at the camera and waving, because it was a request.

 

“Oh! A question: do you have any favorites?” Saebyul glanced at Jarin, grinning as Jarin blushed, a person coming in mind at an instant.

 

“Uhm – Tokki PD! And Doogi PD. Also our manager, Shin Hee eonni,” Jarin answered calmly, smiling at the camera as Saebyul shoved her a bit, shaking her head in amusement.

 

“Eh, you’re avoiding the obvious question!”

 

“No I’m not!” Jarin defended, blushing. The online users started typing Hansol’s name and Saebyul looked up at the camera, nodding.

 

“Yeah. Her favorite person is Hansol.”

 

“Eonni!” Jarin exclaimed in shock as Saebyul burst out into laughter.

 


 

“Okay, everyone, why don’t we sleep now? It’s getting late, and a special surprise will be tomorrow. It’s an individual game, so sleep well!” Tokki PD announced as everyone mumbled in agreement, going to their specific sleeping materials.

 

If you guys were wondering who slept in the mattress, it was Doyoon, Kiana, Samuel and Dayoon.

 

“Night!”

 

“Goodnight!”

 

“Sleep well!”

 

“Sweet dreams!”

 

After the last calls of goodnights, the lights finally went out. Let’s now see how Samuel’s doing.

 

Twelve midnight struck on the wall clock and Samuel’s eyes opened. He sat up, sighing. It was another sleepless night for him. He wasn’t sleeping at the dorm often, because he liked sleeping with his parents. But now, it was required, and Samuel couldn’t sleep.

 

He carefully maneuvered out of the mattress, stretching. He yawned and shuffled to the mirror, checking his hair. After checking it, he glanced at a small tent beside the two big tents. He snorted, rolling his eyes.

 

He knew who the tent belonged to. Eunmi. Eunmi had her own tent because she kicks when she sleeps. Samuel, in Eunmi’s clothes, decided to check how Eunmi was doing. He opened the flap of the entrance of the tent, checking on her. His eyes widened at the expression on Eunmi’s face. Yes, the practice room was dark, but there was a small illuminating light that shone on Eunmi’s face.

 

Her expression was troubled, and Samuel thought that she missed her parents too. Samuel sighed, sitting cross-legged in front of the tent, thinking of ways to help Eunmi sleep comfortably.

 

“I know! She might be hot!” Samuel grinned as he scrambled up, going over to one of the rooms, opening the light.

 

“Now where’s that tape – Ah! Here!” Samuel rejoiced as he saw the circle of tape. He grabbed it and turned the light off, running stealthily back to Eunmi’s tent. He kneeled in front of it, rolling the entrance flap upwards and taping it on the tent so it won’t fall. Samuel peeked inside to see Eunmi’s expression soften, but she was still curled into a fetal position. He had to do more.

 

Samuel put a finger to his chin, tapping it until he got an idea.

 

“Aha! Maybe she can’t sleep without a nightlight! Here.” Samuel whispered as he crawled inside the tent with his iPhone in hand. He put it beside Eunmi and put the brightness level on the highest, making the tent light up. Eunmi’s fetal position dispersed, and Eunmi looked like she was really sleeping. Samuel chuckled, staring at the sleeping girl.

 

“Maybe you need music. The moon and the stars will protect you~ Oppa will always be here~” Samuel started singing whatever came into his mind, singing it softly so it won’t wake Eunmi. In an hour, Samuel was glad to see Eunmi sleeping with a smile on her face. Samuel yawned and checked the time. Two in the morning. He went outside of the end, grabbed an extra cardboard and placed it outside of Eunmi’s tent, laying down on it.

 

With one last look at Eunmi, he closed his eyes and slipped off into dream land. 


author's note; sorry if it's so short! i hoped you guys enjoyed this chapter! 


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)