chapter 14 ;; picking up zero!

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 14;                                                                                                                              

       Picking Up ZERO!   

“5 – 6 – 7 – 8!” Yoo Shin shouted as the boys diligently danced to the beat. They were practicing for an unknown event that the boys don’t even know. They even tried to question the CEO, but Yoo Shin told them why they were dancing SNSD’s Gee.

 

Gee gee gee gee baby baby baby~” Their stereo played as Hansol did Tiffany’s step there. You don’t know the embarrassment SEVENTEEN feels once that song starts. They wanted really to just escape this torture, but they can’t. What Yoo Shin says is practically law to them.

 

“Hyung! I don’t know how to do the part! It looks y on Tiffany sunbaenim’s , but I don’t think it looks awesome on mine,” Hansol immediately complain, stopping dancing, making his fellow members groan in fatigue. Yoo Shin shook his head and stopped the stereo from playing.

 

If one member stops dancing, it really means all members stop dancing. That’s how they train groups in Pledis. If one makes a mistake, the whole group takes the blame. It teaches them discipline. But in the case of really doing a girl group dance?

 

Really?

 

That’s just plain torture.

 

“Hyung, why do we have to do this dance again?” Seungcheol, the oldest and most embarrassed of all, asked his manager as he panted tiredly, his hands on his knees. He didn’t know the reason they were being punished like that.

 

Yoo Shin rubbed his chin, sighing. He knew the reason why, but by telling them would make the surprise – well – not a surprise anymore.

 

“It is required by the CEO-“

 

“Then why don’t you come join us and shake your booty off?” Doyoon reprimanded surprisingly as the group burst out into laughter at what Doyoon said, even the staffs that were passing by. Yoo Shin laughed with group, wiping a tear that came out of his eye.

 

He was so glad he wasn’t part of SEVENTEEN.

 

“Come on, would you guys see the picture?”

 

“We would if you showed us where the picture was,” Jisoo grumbled, since he wasn’t too keen to get Jessica’s part in Gee. Sure he does aegyo, but really? He was going to be damned if he would do aegyo in front of a lot of people, especially live.

 

Yoo Shin raised an apprehending eyebrow at Jisoo’s direction, the younger shrugging.

 

Yoo Shin sighed and thought of an alternative plan.

“Why don’t you think that this is for ZERO? That you’re doing this for ZERO?”

 

“I’m doing this dance for Kwon Eunmi?! I’m out of here!” Samuel immediately stated, his eyes wide at the thought of doing this, this – girly – dance for someone he barely knew and was scared of!

 

Yoo Shin held his palms in front of Samuel protectively, stopping him from walking out of this.

 

“Halt! Wait – did I just say halt? Whatever, uhm, just think of this as a reward. You will see the reason soon, just trust this rookie manager that he knows what’s best for you boys,” Yoo Shin pleaded, looking at each and everyone of them. His eyes rested firmly on Seungcheol, since he’s the oldest. Seungcheol sighed but nodded discreetly.

 

Yoo Shin broke out into a huge smile, clapping his hands together.

 

“Cha! From the start! And Jisoo, get that ‘pabo’ part right. Look cuter!”

 


 

“Thank you all for your hard work!” SEVENTEEN chorused as their practice was done for today. It was an early ending, five in the afternoon. Usually, it would take until three or four in the morning, but they overheard that they would be doing something important.

 

Most of the staff bid goodbye and went out of the practice room, but SEVENTEEN sat cross-legged on the floor, waiting with Yoo Shin was sitting on a chair beside the main CCTV camera.

 

“I wonder why practice ended?” Seokmin asked Seunggwan, the two whispering.

 

“Maybe because we’ll eat?” Seunggwan asked hopefully as Seokmin smiled dreamily, thinking of half-grilled and half-seasoned chicken.

 

“Hmmm. Yummy-“

 

“Hello everyone! You guys remember Tokki PD right?” Doogi PD suddenly came out of her cave- office and greeted the boys. The boys greeted her back, and also to Tokki PD who bowed.

 

“You have a mission today,” Tokki PD told the boys happily as SEVENTEEN murmured in excitement.

 

“Does it involve food?” Seokmin asked instantly as Tokki PD chuckled.

 

“Does it involve ZERO?” Samuel asked grudgingly as Soonyoung patted his back apologetically. No one liked getting stuck with Kwon Eunmi.

 

“This will actually air for ZERO TV episode two. So, both. Your mission is: Pick up ZERO from their schools. The first group who comes back with the ZERO members will have the honors of sleeping in the tent. The last group will cook for thirty of you. ZERO TV will air starting now till twelve in the morning. It’s airing right now,” Tokki PD explained as SEVENTEEN shuffled around, fixing their hair and waving to the camera, smiling.

 

“Did our fans watch us dance to Gee, hyung?” Chan asked Jihoon secretively as Jihoon smiled excessively to the camera.

 

“Let’s hope not.”

 

In the front, Yoo Shin was enjoying the sight of the boys looking embarrassed and worried.

 

“And, to join you guys will be Yoo Shin, your manager, and Kang Shin Hee,”

 

At the mention of her name, Yoo Shin sat up straighter, his jaw dropping. Shin Hee then entered at the mention of her name, bowing to SEVENTEEN formally. She raised a hand in greeting, letting out a small smile. Yoo Shin’s eyes never left Shin Hee’s presence.

 

“Hello everyone. I’m Kang Shin Hee, ZERO’s manager. Call me noona if you guys would like,” Shin Hee assured, chuckling a bit that sent Yoo Shin’s heart doing cartwheels. He swallowed with difficulty, blinking.

 

Wonwoo nudged Mingyu in the ribs, nodding to his hyung’s direction.

 

“I think hyung is in love with Shin Hee noona,” Wonwoo mumbled as Mingyu laughed, laying his head on Wonwoo’s shoulder comfortably.

 

“Who cares? I wonder if they would get married in the future.”

 

“Okay! So, here are your groups. Since not all of ZERO go to the same school, you guys have to split up. Junhui and Ming Ming together, and Seokmin and Seunggwan together. Sookyung, Sunghee, Aixing and Youya’s school isn’t far from here, so you guys will walk with the VJs. Samuel, Jihoon, Wonwoo and Dongjin, you guys will ride in the Pledis van since the lot you’re picking up studies far from here. Mingyu, Hansol, Chan and Soonyoung will take the second Pledis van. Jisoo, Doyoon and Seungcheol, you guys will also walk. You have an hour. Start!”

 

And because of Tokki PD’s words, the boys scrambled to their feet, barreling inside the glass door to get their shoes and get out of the practice room.

 

As the boys fought for their shoes (and food) Yoo Shin approached Shin Hee who was examining the practice room in awe.

 

“So, you’ll be here often,” Yoo Shin told Shin Hee in a gentle tone as Shin Hee laughed, turning around so she can face Yoo Shin. Yoo Shin swears he has died and gone to heaven at the sight of Shin Hee’s smile.

 

“Oh, I know.”

 


 

 

 

“YAH YAH! Here!”

 

“Aigoo, let’s hurry!”

 

“I don’t know how to cook,” Soonyoung said while laughing, getting inside the van. Mingyu and Chan helped everyone get in as Yoo Shin got in the driver’s seat.

 

“So, where to?” Yoo Shin asked urgently. He was competing against Shin Hee in driving the van. Shin Hee was going to drive Samuel, Jihoon, Wonwoo and Dongjin. Yoo Shin has seen Shin Hee drive when she was excited. She could beat any racecar driver, and she didn’t even have to try.

 

“What’s the name of the school, hyung?” Chan asked Hansol as Hansol’s eyes widened considerably.

 

“I don’t know what school it is!”

 

“Don’t look at me! I barely know where the bathroom is!”

 

“Aish, we should get going!”

 


 

“Noona~ do you know where Eunmi studies?” Samuel asked Shin Hee cutely, flashing his big goo goo eyes at Shin Hee, she seeing it through her rearview mirror. She chuckled as she saw driver in the van behind her bicker with his passengers.

 

“’Course I do, Muel-ah. Let’s go!”

 


 

Mingyu didn’t participate in the argument, and it was fortunate for him to see the first van speed away. He grabbed Hansol’s shirt.

 

“You – stop – talking! Van – gone!” Mingyu spat out in English as Hansol raised an incredulous eyebrow. Yoo Shin rolled his eyes at Mingyu’s English, but looked forward. His eyes bugged out to see Shin Hee’s van round the corner. Yoo Shin picked up his phone to call Tokki PD to ask the school address. He also started the engine, starting to drive.

 

“We’re going to die!”

 

“Tell Jisoo I never wanted to create a gap in our relationship!”

 

“Calm down! Geez! This isn’t Fast and the Serious!”

 

“Chan? It’s Fast and the Furious.”

 

“…I knew that.”

 


 

“Keep up boys! We need food! Think about food!” Seungcheol shouted as a encouragement as he started jogging, the VJs and his group following him. Honestly, Doyoon was fit enough to jog the whole day, but Jisoo liked sitting, so naturally-

 

“Hold up hyung! This isn’t a marathon!” Jisoo complained as he tried to keep up with his hyung’s jogging.

 


 

“We want food! We won’t cook! We will sleep in the tent!” Seunggwan and Seokmin chanted as an encouragement to themselves, since the two Chinese were fast enough to even catch up with Seungcheol.

 

“Hyung?” Seunggwan panted, can’t believing he was actually going to get Sunghee from school.

 

“Yeah?” Seokmin asked, his mind on Sookyung and Sookyung only.

 

“I saw a vendor selling Ddeokbokki not far back-“

 

“We want food! Therefore, we shall eat! Seunggwan, where was that Ddeokbokki again?” 


author's note; do you guys like this idea of seventeen picking up zero? :)


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)