chapter 22 ;; dinner and a surprise?

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 22;                                                                                                                              

       Dinner and Surprise?   

“Please stand in one line!” Doogi PD shouted above all the ruckus as the winners stood in one horizontal line, looking horrified at the pajamas they were wearing.

 

Doogi PD had to turn away in embarrassment. What the winners were wearing were a little bit outrageous. As for Tokki PD, she enjoyed every single second. She grinned and laughed lightly as she saw Doogi PD turn her head. She thought she had to go through this a lot of times. Yoo Shin was quietly muttering about why his boys had to do this. Shin Hee though was excited. She laughed and clapped her hands like a child.

 

“Aixing, Doyoon and Sunghee-ssi, please step forward and showcase what you’re wearing!” Tokki PD announced energetically as Yoo Shin and Shin Hee bounded to the stereo. They both reached for the play button, their hands accidentally touching. Yoo Shin drew back immediately, feeling quite embarrassed that it was their first accidental contact. Shin Hee, being as clueless as she really is, ignored Yoo Shin’s strange behavior and put on Gentleman by PSY.

 

Aixing went forward and turned around, posing for the camera, showing off Junhui’s oversized grey sweater and black sweatpants. Aixing really liked the material. It was soft, comfortable, and a fun fact is, she didn’t care it was Junhui’s. Ming Ming and Seunggwan both nudged at Junhui who was blushing red.

 

“This is Junhui oppa’s! It’s very cold in the practice room-“

 

“No it’s not,” Yijun cut in bluntly as everyone burst out laughing, even Aixing.

 

“Yah! Okay, it’s not, but I get chilly at night, so this is great!” Aixing smiled before skipping back in line. Doyoon went forward slowly, feeling embarrassed, humiliated and all of the above.

 

“Oh my gosh, hyung!”

 

“SEVENTEEN – first group to have a female seagull who does her own make-up and an old Pikachu!”

 

“YAH!” Jihoon and Doyoon both scolded Seokmin, shooting death glares as Seokmin hid behind Seunggwan, squatting since the latter was smaller than him. ZERO clapped in laughter, really wanting to know what the others wore. Doyoon shuffled back in line, questioning the heavens why Jiyoung would wear something like this at night.

 

Sunghee struck a weird pose. It was the “Thinking Man” pose that you would always see in museums. Sookyung laughed way too hard, turning away to not embarrass herself as Yijun fell on top of Jarin. SEVENTEN found ZERO more hilarious than they thought!
 

“Cha, I’m wearing Bu Seunggwan’s clothes today. By the way, it stinks,” Sunghee commented formally, bowing as it was SEVENTEEN’s turn to laugh, pointing at Seunggwan who was staring at Sunghee, open-mouthed in shock.

 

Sunghee went back in line as five came forward.

 

Seokmin stepped forward first before the three did. He turned around to show Sookyung’s sleeping clothes.

 

“I’m wearing a white shirt and loose bottoms now. I feel very comfortable in General Choi’s clothes.” Seokmin beamed brightly at the camera before stepping back in line. Sookyung raised an eyebrow, knowing Seokmin was probably joking or out of his mind. She’d take both.

 

“Tonight, I’ll be sleeping in Mingyu’s huge clothes. A plain white shirt and bottoms,” Yijun stated harshly, not really caring if she had to tug the bottoms up or move her shoulders all the time to ensure that they were still working under the weight of Mingyu’s shirt.

 

Yijun glared at the camera as Mingyu doted on her like he was her boyfriend.

 

“Wah, don’t feel sad Jun! You’re wearing oppa’s clothes!” Mingyu cooed as everyone said “Aww~”

 

Yijun glared at everyone in the room, making Seokmin, Soonyoung and Seunggwan cower in a deep bow, making everyone crack up again. Yijun roller her eyes, but let out a small smile that Mingyu caught.

 

“DAN DAN DAN!” Jarin jumped in front of the camera, showing off Hansol’s clothes. Hansol laughed in the back at Jarin’s ridiculous pose. She had her arms again spread out to the sides, panting while smiling wide.

 

“I’m wearing my fellow Korean-American’s clothes! Cha, this is a Batman t-shirt and pajama pants!” Jarin exclaimed as Yijun blushed, embarrassed of her friend. Jarin giggled at the camera before going back in line.

 

“Hi everyone! I’m wearing Cheol oppa’s black hoodie, my own white t-shirt and sweatpants! It’s comfortable, and I know I can sleep soundly at night,” Rainy said sweetly as Doyoon started to tease Seungcheol.

 

“YAH CHOI SEUNGCHEOL! Since when you were so lovely dovely with-“

 

“Pikachu Man! Shush!” Seungcheol shouted back in English as everyone laughed at the exchange between the two. They really try hard when it comes to English.

 

“Cha, I’m wearing Eunmi’s shorts and purple hoodie,” Samuel confessed embarrassingly as she shuffled towards the camera to show what he was wearing. Since Eunmi was smaller in size compared to Samuel, he had to endure wearing shorts that go above the knees and a purple hoodie that covered half of his body. Mingyu laughed at Samuel as the other hyungs tried to comfort him.

 

“Yah, that’s okay! It’s hot here in the practice room,”

 

“It’s easier to move around!”

 

“I’m sorry to say Sam, but you’re doomed.”

 

“SEUNGGWAN!” ZERO and SEVENTEEN chorused as Seunggwan feigned shock and surprise. Samuel bowed to the camera, smiling as he shuffled back to the line. Eunmi watched his reaction, and she was glad it was violent one. She pondered why Samuel wouldn’t protest. Maybe he was told not to? The rules of the game prohibit him?

 

That must be it, Eunmi thought as she went back to watching.

 

Another five stepped out of their group to show what they were wearing.

 

“I’m wearing Dongjin’s sleeping clothes and black hoodie as Wonwoo-ssi is wearing-“ Jadyn gestured to Wonwoo, who turned red.

 

“I’m wearing Miyasha’s white sleeping clothes. I promise to…keep them warm.” There was a silence after Wonwoo’s declare as Mingyu finally spoke up.

 

“Eh, don’t sound creepy hyung,” Mingyu whined as the group exploded in laughter, Seungcheol patting Mingyu’s back. Wonwoo went back in line as the last three came out.

 

“I’m wearing Ming Ming’s clothes now, a black tank top and black sweatpants.” Youya smiled as she turned around for everyone to see. Ming Ming blushed as he saw the tank top on Youya, which fitted her perfectly. He liked it on her.

 

“I’m wearing Chan’s t-shirt and grey pajama pants!” Dayoon exclaimed happily, smiling as she turned around quickly for everyone to see. Chan applauded most for Dayoon.

 

“And I’m wearing Jihoon’s clothes tonight!” Kiana squealed as she turned around to show off Jihoon’s clothes. Jihoon just rolled his eyes at her playful personality. The five went back to their line, waiting for further instructions.

 

Tokki PD cleared , as with Doogi PD who stood beside her.

 

“Cha, I’ve just got the response from the cooking team-“

 

“And here they come!” Doogi PD finished her sentence, pointing towards the glass door that Yoo Shin opened, revealing Saebyul and Jisoo both holding the pot handles that contained the Kimchi Stew.


”WAH!!!” SEVENTEEN and ZERO chorused as they immediately surrounded the food, giving compliments to the cooks.

 

“Don’t forget us!”

 

SEVENTEEN and ZERO turned their heads to see Daichi holding a pot of Ramyeon as Soonyoung held the bucket of chicken. The staff that helped them brought in also the Kimchi Fried Rice.

 

Doogi and Tokki PD had to rally them into one line before they ate the food without using plates or utensils. Seunggwan kept a wary eye on it anyway.

 

Tokki PD signaled Doyoon to do the introduction and welcoming of the four members.

 

“Cha! Everyone will hopefully get to eat Saebyul, Jisoo, Daichi and Soonyoung’s cooking! Applause!” Doyoon requested as everyone cheered, whooped and clapped loudly, especially the hungry ones.

 

“Jisoo-yah, please explain to our viewers our dish with Saebyul,” Doyoon commanded as the couple went in front of the camera, standing side by side.

 

“Today, we made Kimchi Stew and Kimchi Fried Rice! We made it because we want our dongsaengs, hyungs and oppas to feel happy today that this is the second gathering of ZERO and SEVENTEEN,” Saebyul told the camera thoughtfully as Jisoo chuckled, knowing it’s his turn.

 

“Also, we made chicken and Ramyeon! It’s ZERO and SEVENTEEN’s favorite food also, and we’re glad we get to make it for everybody. Cha, let’s eat!” Jisoo announced as SEVENTEEN and ZERO cheered, hurriedly searching for the plates.

 

While the chaos commenced, Jisoo turned to Saebyul and leaned in, nose to nose. He smiled and poked Saebyul’s reddish cheek.

 

“If they like the food, it means they like my cooking,” Jisoo commented cockily as Saebyul raised an unimpressed eyebrow, smirking.

 

“Then you should probably also take credit if the food tastes bad-“

 

“YAH! Jisoo-ssi and Byul eonni! Stop acting out a mini-drama and come and eat!” Eunmi scolded the two harshly as Jiyoung patted her head lovingly. Saebyul rolled her eyes, but went towards the plate section, followed by Jisoo who hoped to control Seunggwan who was already bounding for the chicken, Sunghee on his tail.

 

“You know, they’ll be shocked to see the surprise tomorrow,” Yoo Shin whispered to Shin Hee who nodded, but then stopped at mid-nod.

 

“Who? ZERO or SEVENTEEN?”

 

“Both.” And with that, Yoo Shin shouted in joy as Doyoon gave Yoo Shin his plate. Shin Hee rolled her eyes at his childishness, thinking that that’s where SEVENTEEN inherited it.


author's note; guess what's the big surprise? :3 and so sorry for updating so late! school and homework kind of got to me, and i didn't have the time because I felt physically and mentally drained orz. good news is, i'm used to the schedule now, and all i need to do is sleep early from now on. sleeping at 12 in the morning won't do me much good ;_; i hoped you guys liked this chapter! ^^


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)