chapter o3 ;; finding the last eight

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter o3;                                                                                                                              

       Finding the Last Eight   

“What do you mean you don’t know where’s the bus?!” Yijun scolded, glaring at Jarin who grinned innocently. In all honestly, Jarin did forget where the bus was parked. Her goal was to find a member of Zero, and all directions back to the bus fly out of her mind. Jarin scratched the back of her head, shuffling her toes as Yijun huffed, crossing her arms.

 

You can’t blame her for being a bit brusque with Jarin. She had waited in front of that damned restaurant since god-knows-when. The VJ chuckled at the confused Jarin and the blunt Yijun. He thinks they would be interesting to film.

 


 

“Daichi? Oh, this is Dayoonie! Eh, don’t you remember me? Where are you?” Dayoon smiled victoriously as she stopped by a café, listening to Daichi Chiwa’s ragged breathing because the weather was cold.

 

“Eh, you called me suddenly! Shouldn’t you be finding the members of Zero? Preferably me?” Daichi joked from the other line as Dayoon pumped her fist in the air in success. She was so going to the bus first. Which she memorized the way to, unlike you-know-who. And no, I’m not talking about the guy in Harry Potter.

 

“I know! Where are you anyway? I’m going to find you,” Dayoon stated immediately, walking fast to another direction as the VJ followed diligently.

 

“I’m in front of Holly’s Café. Do you know that?”

 

“Of course I do! I’ll be there in around ten minutes. Wait for me!” Then, Dayoon ended the call, stuffing her phone in her pocket and grinning at the camera.

 

“I’m so going to win. I pity Sunghee though.” Dayoon hung her head in pity.

 


 

“AISH! WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE?!” Sunghee screamed in agony in an empty museum, raising her hands above her head and turning around in disdain. She has had an unwanted tour around Seoul to just look for a member of Zero. She should’ve found someone by now, since she’s one of the first to run out of the bus, but she knows in the end, she will be one of the last to take the Pledis car.

 

“Oh Sunghee! Is that you?!” A voice demanded as Sunghee turned around, looking up to the second floor exasperatedly. If it was a talking dog, it wouldn’t even surprise her. Her eyes widened as she realized who it was.

 

“BIANCA!”

 

“It’s Kiana, silly. They said I’ll be one of the hardest girls to find. How are you so smart to find me?” Kiana teased, grinning wildly as she ran down the stairs, reaching Sunghee and hugging her. The two were singing buddies in singing lessons.

 

Sunghee was the first to pull away, beaming at Kiana Ohrel. Kiana Ohrel was wearing a black beanie, large, black square glasses, a loose tattered white sweater, an orange tank top inside and faded grey jeans. She also had a sling bag over her right shoulder, which she held tightly.

 

“So, since you found me, I’m assuming you don’t know where the bus is right?” Kiana joked, slinging an arm around the dazed but happy Sunghee.

 

“Of course I don’t! What do you take me for, Einstein?”

 

“Yeah, yeah. Let’s go Einstein, before we have to find the Pledis car.”

 


 

“DAICHI! OVER HERE!” Dayoon called out as she emerged in Holly’s Café, immediately spotting her friend Daichi sipping a frappuccino, sitting alone in a two seated table. Dayoon came over and sat down happily across Daichi, grinning.

 

Daichi Chiwa was wearing a white sweater and grey leggings, simple but eye catching.

 

“Yah, isn’t this cheating?” Daichi exclaimed loudly, laughing at her friend’s clever way in finding her. Daichi offered her drink as Dayoon took a tiny sip before putting down, standing up proudly.

 

“Yeah, but I want to win. Come on! Let’s get on the bus before the others. You still run like an excited Chihuahua right?” Dayoon asked teasingly a Daichi blew the bangs off her face, narrowing her eyes challengingly.

 

“You should bet on it!”

 


 

“Wait – aren’t those two Pledis trainees?” the intelligent General Choi, pointed at the two girls conversing about ten feet away with her ice cream stick. Sookyung was one of the relaxed players in the game, since she’s the oldest among the seven girls.

 

“I know them! Jadyn! JADYN!” Sookyung called out excitedly as she jogged at the two girls who were sitting under a tree. Jadyn glanced up from her conversation with Miyasha, spotting Sookyung. Grinning, she stood up and waved as Sookyung reached the two.

 

“Sookyung eonni! Glad you found me and Miyasha eonni, I thought we’ll be stuck here under this tree forever,” the dainty brunette expressed her relief, smiling gratefully at Sookyung. Jadyn was wearing a large pink and white striped sweater, blue-grey jeans and white rubber shoes.

 

The older girl stood up also, nodding to Sookyung. She wasn’t exactly the type to make friends immediately, and she was grateful Jadyn knew Sookyung, since Miyasha Lee preferred not talking. She was wearing a green beanie, a black sweater with white prints and jeans with regular rubber shoes.

 

“Eh, no problem. Shall we get to the bus?” Sookyung asked the two of them curiously, but it sounded like a command already. Sookyung had a feeling Sunghee and Dayoon had their partners already.

 

“Come on eonni! I want to eat food! I saw a convenience store near here…” Jadyn faltered, blinking as cutely as she can at Sookyung and at Miyasha who didn’t like cute things, especially cute pastries.

 

“Oh fine, I mean, I think we’re one of the firsts anyways.” Sookyung shrugged, smiling down at Jadyn who clapped her hands happily, bounding off towards the convenience store, ready to buy something worth eating.

 

Miyasha and Sookyung lagged behind, a quiet silence over them.

 

“You don’t talk much, do you?” Sookyung asked dully as Miyasha chuckled, surprising even General Choi.

 

“You’ve got that right.”

 


 

“So, you would rather pull a prank on a member than go to the 63 building?” Saebyul asked Rainy jokingly as Rainy nodded in approval, winking.

 

“They don’t call me an Evil Mind if I really weren’t.”

 

“But Rainy…these are your eonnis.” Saebyul blinked at the girl in front of her, already missing Jarin. Rainy rolled her eyes and turned towards Saebyul, flicking her eonni’s forehead.

 

“OW!”

 

“Sshh! They’re near!” Rainy shushed Saebyul who pouted, rubbing her forehead cutely. Rainy peeked from behind the wall, seeing Miyasha, Sookyung and Jadyn all eating ice cream.

 

“What prank is this, exactly?” Saebyul asked worriedly, tapping Rainy hesitantly on the shoulder. She didn’t want another forehead attack. Rainy smirked, sticking herself back on the wall.

 

“Jadyn gets scared easily. Watch. In 3 – 2 – 1 – BOO!”

 

Rainy jumped out from her hiding place, perfectly scaring Jadyn who screamed and toppled down, on Miyasha. Rainy burst out laughing, grabbing Saebyul’s hand immediately and running.

 

“YAH! Why are we running?!”

 

“Because! I want to live till I debut!”

 

“GET BACK HERE YOU TWO!” Sookyung roared as she chased the troublemaker and her worried sidekick.

 


 

“You – Speak – English?!” Eunmi asked incredulously, doing different gestures with her hands as Jiyoung stood behind her, silently asking what went wrong with Eunmi.

 

“I speak a little bit of Korean, don’t worry!” Liang Aixing chirped, blinking angelically as Eunmi sighed in gratefulness, leaning on Jiyoung.

 

“You got this one eonni, I don’t think my Korean is very good-“

 

“Oh for food’s sake – Are you one of the members of Zero?” Jiyoung asked Aixing politely, cursing Eunmi in her head. Aixing nodded, nodding also to the girl beside her called Wu You Ya.

 

Aixing was decked with in a white long t-shirt, light blue pants and white converse. Wu You Ya in return was wearing slightly baggy pants, a long, black loose tank top with white prints and also a brown Fedora hat.

 

“Ah, that’s good. I’m Ryu Jiyoung, but call me Jiyoung or G-Pigeon if you want. And this is Kwon Eunmi, you can call her Eunmi or Mrs. Teeny’s Dict- I mean Mother,” Jiyoung introduced, smiling at Aixing then at Wu You Ya who seemed like the shy type, for she just nodded before hugging Aixing from the back.

 

“Okay okay, this is enough chit chat. Let’s go to the bus!”

 

“Eunmi, we better be grateful the bus is right behind us,” Jiyoung stated realistically as Eunmi smiled at her, bounding inside. Yes, the two Chinese were three feet away from the bus. Everyone was busy thinking the members of Zero were far, but in reality, two members were near the bus, which was a good thing for Jiyoung since Eunmi started to complain it was too hard to walk.

 


 

“There’s the bus! HURRY UP!”

 

“WELL, I’M NOT A REINCARNATED CHIHUAHUA RIGHT?!” Dayoon retorted loudly as she tried to save her breathe to run. Daichi was far away from Dayoon already, feeling energized as she hopped in the white bus, Dayoon following (finally).

 

“Oh, hi!” Aixing greeted as Youya rolled her eyes at her fellow Chinese outgoing attitude.

 

“Hi! I’m Daichi and this is Dayoon,” Daichi introduced, shaking Aixing and Youya’s hand. Daichi waved at Jiyoung and Eunmi.

 

“Omo! MOVE! HURRY!” Kiana shouted as the first thing she saw was Dayoon’s .

 

“Okay! OKAY! No pushing!”

 

“Sunghee, is that you?!”

 

“Yeah, surprised I found Sri Lanka?”

 

“It’s Kiana! Oh, what the heck. Hello everyone, I’m Kiana Ohrel!” Kiana introduced herself, bowing ninety degrees before shaking hands with different girls, taking a seat beside Sunghee who was looking smug.

 

She can’t wait to brag to Sookyung.

 

“Congratulations! The eight of you will be going to the 63 building first as the others have to find a Pledis car. There will be another mission, and the eight of you will get to choose which position you want, attacker or hider. Rules will be explained there. Until then, please sit back and relax!” Tokki PD announced, in front of the girls before smiling and sitting down beside the driver. The bus started to move as LC9’s MaMa Beat started the play, the girls hooting and cheering.

 


 

“AH! WAIT! WAIT FOR US! NOOO!!!” Jarin shouted in pain as she collapsed on her knees, seeing the white bus curve the corner, out of the sight. Yijun clucked her tongue and shook her head at Jarin’s agony.

 

“Eh, don’t worry. The first Pledis car is over-“

 

“Then what are we waiting for woman?! LET’S GO!” Jarin shouted frantically, determined to prove herself. She grabbed Yijun’s hand and practically dragged her across the street to get inside the Pledis car.

 

“Whoa there, slow down Jarin!” Yijun warned as she almost banged her head in the roof of the Pledis car as Jarin pulled her inside, Yijun closing the door tightly.

 

“To the 63 building, hurry please!” Jarin told the driver as he nodded, stepping his foot down on the accelerator. Jarin sighed and leaned back, resting her head on Yijun’s shoulder.

 

“You were the first to find me, yet we get the Pledis car,”

 

“Hey, hey! Don’t underestimate how unlucky I can be.”

 


 

“Let’s get in here!” Saebyul told Rainy agitatedly, pulling her inside the Pledis car before glancing behind to see Sookyung running towards them. Saebyul’s eyes widened as she got in the car herself, closing the tightly as the driver started driving.

 

“Phew, that was close! We make a good team, am I right?” Rainy nudged Saebyul’s elbow playfully, panting as Saebyul groaned.

 

“Uh, Jarin help me,” Saebyul moaned in English.

 


 

“Aigoo, they’re too fast! Eh, at least we get the last Pledis car!” Jadyn tried to brighten up the atmosphere as she caught up with Sookyung, Miyasha not too far behind. Sookyung panted, staring directly to the camera with a burning gaze.

 

“Saebyul and Prankster Girl, I will catch you and eliminate you in what I know is a mission in 63 building,” Sookyung growled as Miyasha appeared beside her, absolutely glaring.

 

“You can run, but you can’t hide,” Miyasha growled as Jadyn raised her eyebrows at her two eonnis. She also went beside Sookyung, grinning.

 

“Don’t forget me everyone!”

 

“JADYN!”

 

“What? I don’t know how to talk cool, okay?!” 


author's note; i'm back! so yeah, i hoped you liked this chapter ^^;;


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)