chapter 27 ;; say, what?!

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 27;                                                                                                                              

       Say, What?!   

Saebyul and Seokmin wandered around the deserted village before coming across a building that was far larger and wider than the rest. They were told awhile ago by the staff to find the biggest building because their mission is inside.

 

Saebyul glanced up, worried at what she may find inside as Seokmin chuckled at her worried look.

 

“Are you seriously scared of a building?”

 

“Building can kill people you know,” Saebyul countered, glancing to her right to glare at Seokmin. He just raised his hands in surrender, grinning mischievously before venturing inside the large establishment alone. Saebyul’s mouth dropped open in shock. He seriously did not just leave her there.

 

“YAH! LEE SEOKMIN!”

 

Once they were inside, they were awed by the modern decorations, but then stopped abruptly when they saw a table with a mission card on top. Saebyul and Seokmin shared a look before picking up the card, reading it.

 

“You are the first team here, meaning you both have an advantage. There are spies here to help you, but only if you find them out. Some will pretend they’re spies and deceive you, so beware. Mission: Rip off the nametags.

 


 

“Ah, it’s so hot!”

 

“Then find a cooler!” Kiana argued with her partner as Aixing and Yijun giggled with each other. The four found each other and decided to stay together. Part of the reason was because Aixing and Yijun wanted to make sure that Kiana didn’t kill Seunggwan at the right time. They have never seen Sunghee truly angry, and as someone as crazy as her, no one wanted to find out.

 

They were walking around the village, far away from the starting point when Yijun squinted, spotting a person standing in the middle of the pathway, wearing a coat. They were approaching him already.

 

“Hey Xing eonni, why is he there?” Yijun tugged on Aixing’s shirt sleeve as Aixing squinted her eyes too, making out a coated figure in front of them. Seunggwan squeaked and hid behind a furious Kiana.

 

“I don’t know, but I think we need to talk to him.”

 

The quartet (though Seunggwan was against the girls’ decision) approached the man, crowding him.

 

“Excuse me sir, but who are you?” Kiana asked politely, though she was in the verge of killing Seunggwan, who was still cowering behind her. The man said nothing as he fished out a mission card out of his pocket, handing it to Aixing. She accepted it gratefully, instantly reading.

 

“There is a spy among you.”

 

Aixing’s eyes widened as she looked up, backing away immediately, grabbing a hold of Yijun’s hand as she studied Kiana and Seunggwan warily. She thought they might be spies.

 

“A-Are you-“ Yijun stuttered as she gripped Aixing’s hand tightly. Seunggwan was about to speak when Aixing ran away with Yijun. Kiana turned around and glared at the boy.

 

“Great! Thanks for scaring them!”

 

“What?! Is it my fault they’re scared of falling in love with me?!”

 


 

“Omo! Is that Soonyoung?” Daichi exclaimed as Dongjin’s eyes traveled to where Daichi was pointing. They just entered the village, and in seconds, they were lost as a needle in a haystack.

 

Soonyoung and Ming Ming on the other hand noticed Daichi and Dongjin too. Ming Ming giggled happily as Soonyoung tried to contain his excitement. Their mission was told to them earlier. They had to rip off their nametags. And since Soonyoung knows Daichi best in ZERO, things were going to get easer.


”DAICHI! OVER HERE!”

 

Or so they thought.

 


 

Junghan and Jaerin walked hand in hand together, looking around the village and occasionally commenting on the structure. They were comfortable enough with each other to have that much skinship, and they don’t really worry about the fan’s reaction, but Hyejin and other fans subconsciously started to ship the “JaeHan / Newbie Couple”

 

“Cha, even though we’re both new, we’ll try and bring all our charms to the table,” Jaerin told the cameraman who was following them. Junghan laughed and nodded, pointing at the camera.

 

“We are going to be the greatest! Please anticipate us!” Junghan called excitedly, wiggling a finger at the camera childishly as Jaerin laughed at him, poking his cheek in a friendly manner.

 

“Omo, MY HEART! MY FEELS!” Hyejin exclaimed, nearly falling off her computer. Yes, it was a live streaming. And she was currently on the JaeHan couple’s camera.

 


 

“WHERE ART THOU SEUNGGWAN?!”

 

“Okay lady, from the moment I met Seunggwan, he was never friends with anyone named ‘Art’ so I suggest you stop asking him,” Seungcheol grumbled, stuffing his hands in his pockets and trying to look as if he wasn’t with Sunghee. The two were unfortunately paired up, and Sunghee’s attention was already on Seunggwan. She wanted to hit him for leaving her. The two confused should stick together, right?

 

Seungcheol ended up with Sunghee instead of with Rainy, as intended. He didn’t know why or how he got stuck with her, but he was determined not to let that get to him. He needed to find Rainy.

 

Sunghee pouted and glared at Seungcheol, rolling her eyes. It wasn’t like she didn’t want to be with him either.

 

“What’s our mission? Like, do we just walk around?” Sunghee asked the staff as the cameraman shook his head.

 

“You need to find out the spy and stay away from them.”

 

At the mention of spy, Seungcheol had an idea. He put on a horrified look on his face and glanced at Sunghee, who was shocked as well.

 

“SUNGHEE! YOU MIGHT BE THE SPY!” Seungcheol cried, clasping his hands over his mouth to keep from laughing. Seungcheol laughed mentally as he saw Sunghee’s scared face.

 

“I MIGHT BE THE SPY! AHH! STAY AWAY FROM ME!” Sunghee yelled, terrified of what to do, she just bolted away from Seungcheol, screaming so loud that Seunggwan could hear it though he was far away. Seungcheol laughed, putting his hands again in his pockets and walking leisurely in the village.

 

He thought for awhile, looking at the untouched houses.

 

“I wonder if it will be good if I and Rainy stayed in one of these houses. Samuel and Eunmi can be our kids, and Seunggwan and Sunghee could be the crazy aunt and uncle. They can act that part anyway.” Seungcheol laughed to himself, smiling.

 


 

“I at least want to stay with someone my age,”

 

“At least Eunmi can relate to me,”

 

Eunmi and Samuel both chorused, though they were far away from each other. Jarin and Jisoo both looked at their partner in shock.

 

“Say, what?!”


author's note; so yeah, another update after a week otl


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)