chapter 24 ;; surprises and missions

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 24;                                                                                                                              

       Surprises and Missions   

“Omo! It’s going to start in a minute! ZEROTV waking up with SEVENTEEN! I can’t wait to see how they’ll look in the morning again!” Hyejin squealed as she fangirled in her seat, squirming on it as she glanced at her clock. Seven in the morning. It’s time.

 


 

The cameras immediately came on, the viewers coming in and out, eager to see who will wake up first. Just then, a handsome face popped up with a beautiful face next to it. They were both wearing casual t-shirts and jeans. The two went nearer the camera before moving backward so the viewers can see.

 

“OMO! Who are they?!” Hyejin screamed, nearly waking up the neighbors who were peacefully sleeping.

 

The boy waved his hand as the girl grinned, inclining her head slightly to the front.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Yoon Junghan, a 95-liner,” Junghan finally introduced himself, grinning slightly as Hyejin’s heart almost stopped beating. She screamed, “Omo! Not again! I thought Jisoo was the last bias list wrecker!”

 

“Hello, I’m Shin Jaerin, a 95-liner also!” Jaerin whispered excitedly, half-smiling as she blinked innocently at the cameras. Tokki PD signaled them to continue talking.

 

“Cha, right now the SEVENTEEN and ZERO members are asleep. Not for long. Why is that, Jaerin?” Junghan glanced at Jaerin playfully as Jaerin smiled.

 

“We’re going to wake them up by using jut flashlights. That’s our mission. We will guide them to the next mission once they’re awake. Cha, shall we start Junghan?” Jaerin asked her partner teasingly as Junghan laughed, shaking his head.

 

“More than ever. May we have our flashlights? Ah, thank you!” The two bowed as they received their flashlights from Doogi PD. They both shined it at each other, giggling at how childish they were.

 

“I’ll tackle the people here. You go in the tent,” Junghan proposed, already trying to wake up Seungcheol. Jaerin pouted in sadness.

 

“Hey, why do you get to wake them up?” Jaerin whined as Junghan looked at her, raising an eyebrow.

 

“Because, you’ll get tired. Now go!” Junghan made a dismissive hand to Jaerin who chuckled, shaking her head as she poked her head in Seunggwan’s tent.

 

“Omo. What’s this?” Jaerin commented as her eyes bulged at what she found. She quickly got out of the tent and went to the camera, a crazy grin on her face.

 

“Seunggwan and Sunghee are inside the tent! Also Yijun and Mingyu! My gosh…” Jaerin trailed away before grinning once more and going back to the tent to wake up the others.

 

“Yah! Wake up!” Junghan shouted as he tried shaking Chan and Jihoon awake, the two hardest to wake in SEVENTEEN. Chan just shifted his position as Jihoon snored.

 

“Aigoo, what’s happening?” A voice asked, as Jaerin stepped out of the tent, successfully waking up Aixing from the tent. Jaerin led Aixing out to face the camera, smiling at her. Aixing, though, wasn’t very surprised a girl woke her up with a flashlight.

 

“Hello, I’m Shin Jaerin. ZERO’s new member,” Jaerin introduced herself, bowing to Aixing as Aixing inclined her head sleepily, yawning loudly. She wasn’t really concerned that there was a new member, but she was happy that there was another person she can cheer up everyday.

 

“Hello Jaerin. Are you Korean? Or another half-“

 

“Half-Korean and Half-American,” Jaerin answered in English as Aixing nodded, not understanding a word she said.

 

“Well, what do I do? Is this some kind of mission?” Aixing asked curiously as Jaerin nodded.

 

“Yes. We just have to wait for the person who’ll wake up next so he or she can be your partner-“

 

“What’s the commotion?” Jaerin and Aixing turned around to see a messy-haired Yijun step out of her tent, Junghan emerging too. He had a victorious smile on his face.

 

“He says he’s a new member of SEVENTEEN. And you are?” Yijun asked bluntly as she came to the front, standing beside Aixing, evaluating Jaerin carefully. Jaerin bowed again, this time, more hurriedly because of Yijun’s harsh tone.

 

“S-Shin Jaerin, Half-Korean and Half-American, a 95-liner,” Jaerin stated seriously, her eyes wide as Yijun sniffed.

 

“So, our mission?” Aixing asked, wide awake now. She was now pumped up because of her eagerness of the mission.

 

“Go outside and find a PD and cameraman there. They’ll tell you what to do,” Jaerin answered cheerfully as Aixing and Yijun sprinted out of the practice room.

 

Jaerin went back inside the tent to see what was in there.

 

“Wah, so many losers and winners came in here,” Jaerin commented, chuckling as she saw Seokmin and Saebyul. She shined a light on their faces, and in less than a minute, they were blinking and yawning.

 

Seokmin glanced at the girl with the light as Saebyul yawned, blinking her sleepy eyes open.

 

“Are you an angel?” Seokmin asked, Saebyul glancing up to see who it was. Jaerin giggled and shook her head.

 

“Nope. Just Shin Jaerin, ZERO’s new member. You guys have to go outside and meet Junghan. He’ll tell you your mission,” Jaerin explained as Seokmin and Saebyul hurried to go outside, stumbling to meet Junghan. Junghan looked up to see two members awake. With a cheerful tone, he greeted them good morning.

 

“So, do we have to complete a mission or something?” Saebyul asked excitedly, leaning on Seokmin’s shoulder. Seokmin glanced at Sookyung who was still sleeping peacefully on the mattress. A lot of changes happened at night.

 

“Yeah, you have to. Go outside and find a PD and a cameraman. You’ll get instructions there,” Junghan told them as they both bid the camera and Junghan goodbye, running off. Junghan sighed and wiped the sweat that formed on his forehead. He had a lot of work to do.

 

“Kiana! Kiana!” Jaerin shouted as she shined Kiana’s face with her flashlight. Kiana turned over in her sleep, sitting up. Jaerin blinked weirdly at her, rapping her on the top of her head.

 

“Kiana? Are you awa-“

 

“Why did you wake me up so early, Jaerin?” Kiana asked, rubbing her eyes and facing backwards to see Jaerin. She and Jaerin had dance classes together. Jaerin chuckled, pointing at Junghan, who was with Seunggwan.

 

“Go. You guys have a mission.”

 

“Can I eat first?” Kiana asked innocently, pouting. She glanced at Doyoon who was beside her, immediately standing up.

 

“On second thought, never mind. Good luck in waking up the others!” Kiana called as she and Seunggwan went out of the door.

 

“Dongjin-ah~ Dongjin!” Junghan cooed as he shook the younger awake. He was sleeping beside the mattress as Jadyn was beside him, but on the mattress. It seems like he moved his cardboard next to Jadyn last night. Dongjin sat up, rubbing his eyes as he followed his hyung’s orders. He met Junghan before already, standing up to go to Jaerin.

 

“Girl! Wake up!” Junghan shouted as he poked his head inside the tent, flashing his light on Daichi’s face. Daichi’s eyes shot open, red and slightly scary.

 

“Eh~ I’m still sleepy,” Daichi groaned, but nevertheless, got up.

 

She finally noticed Junghan standing by the tent. Blinking, she stood up and stretched beside him, scratching her head. She finally put down her hands and looked to her right, seeing Jaerin talking to Dongjin. She finally put two and two together.

 

“Jaerin your girlfriend? Way to go man!” Daichi teased Junghan, punching him on the shoulder as Jaerin glanced back, blushing as Junghan started protesting. 


author's note; i bet you guys already guessed the surprise ;_; anyways, i hoped you liked this chapter! i'm going to do a speech tomorrow for the student council, so please wish me luck! ugh, i'll have to get up early for this -.- around six in the morning orz


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)