chapter 17 ;; missions and grocery shopping

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 17;                                                                                                                              

       Missions and Grocery Shopping   

“1 – 2 – 3, LIKE SEVENTEEN!”

 

“WHOO!” ZERO clapped and applauded SEVENTEEN who bowed in a horizontal line, clapping for themselves too. Doogi PD and Tokki PD finally came out of their office from watching from the computer in their office. They looked flushed, but happy nonetheless. They bowed in embarrassment as Yoo Shin patted their backs in comfort.

 

Shin Hee clapped along with ZERO who finally wore big smiles. Shin Hee was happy that she can see ZERO smiling now. She didn’t like her girls frowning. It was like she was being pressed down on the ground, but now she felt free of all burdens.

 

“Wow guys, you’ve put this all together in just thirty minutes?” Kiana asked in bewilderment, trying not to look at Doyoon who was blushing bright red, hiding behind Seungcheol. Hansol chuckled at his hyung but answered Kiana’s question.

 

“Yeah, we figured you guys need a little cheering up, and I think we can safely say that we did cheer you guys up.” Hansol blushed as Jarin went in to hug him tightly around the waist, snuggling her chin on his shoulder.

 

“You were a great prince,” Jarin whispered, smiling as her heart started beating too fast for her comfort. She felt Hansol hug her back. Soon, ZERO and SEVENTEEN started complimenting each other, some members already hugging like Jarin and Hansol.

 

Sunghee rambled on and on about how Seunggwan was a great princess as Seunggwan blushed. Taking compliments because of being feminine was weird, but in a good way. Seungcheol and Rainy were secretly holding hands, Doyoon and Kiana were arguing who could’ve done Doyoon’s part better and Jisoo and Saebyul talked about the plans for today.

 

Junhui showed some Wushu skills to Aixing, along with Ming Ming. Youya watched him shyly. Seokmin was joking around with his Sookyung, Mingyu was trying to coax Yijun into playing soccer with him as Chan and Dayoon talked about how cool the short skit was. Dongjin was listening to Jadyn as usual, and Jadyn couldn’t stop blushing at his attention. Samuel stayed far away from Eunmi, though from afar, he could see her smile a small one.

 

And for Samuel, that was enough for him.

 

Tokki PD clapped her hands together to get the large group’s attention. She cleared and read her mission card.

 

“Alright everyone! Since you are all here and gathered around, I will tell you your mission. Everyone will get a mission, and they have to complete it or be part of the punishment group. But – I will tell you guys the most important mission. We will eat dinner early, around seven in the evening, so someone will have to cook. Who in ZERO and SEVENTEEN are good in cooking?” Tokki PD asked sternly as ZERO and SEVENTEEN pointed to different people.

 

“Kiana can make a mean scrambled egg!”

 

“Seunggwan’s coffee tastes amazing,”

 

“I vote for Saebyul though. She’s a really good cook. She can cook lots of dishes,” Sookyung praised as Saebyul blushed bright red. Jiyoung nudged her on the side, grinning at her friend.

 

“Alright, Saebyul and Daichi will go to the grocery to get the ingredients. Jisoo and Soonyoung will go also. Since it’s nearing night, you’ll receive another mission when you finish getting all the ingredients. Don’t worry, it isn’t far,” Doogi PD assured as Daichi sighed in relief. She wasn’t too great with directions.

 

“Do you accept the challenge?” Tokki PD asked the four.

 

“Yes!” Saebyul, Daichi, Soonyoung and Jisoo replied firmly as SEVENTEEN and ZERO clapped happily.

 

“Word hard!” Seungcheol shouted in encouragement as the group waved in farewell, exiting the practice room with two cameramen.

 

“Cha, shall we start? Bring out the board!” Doogi PD announced dramatically as SEVENTEEN made drumming sounds, Yijun rolling her eyes at their childishness. Especially at Mingyu.

 

One of the staff in Pledis brought out a large rectangular cardboard which had mission cards stuck on it. However, they pasted it with the contents faced on the cardboard, so that they get to choose randomly.

 

 

“Okay, who’s up first?”


”Seungcheol hyung!” SEVENTEEN cheered as Doyoon pushed Seungcheol to the front. Seungcheol glanced back in surprise.

 

“Yah, since when did I agree to this?” Seungcheol mumbled in complaint as ZERO clapped in laughter, not knowing how funny Seungcheol is. Seungcheol approached the cardboard, closing his eyes and hovering his hands around the mission cards.

 

“Dugeun dugeun dugeun~” ZERO chanted this time as Seungcheol picked a mission card.

 

“Eh, he picked something embarrassing,” Seokmin said in doubt as Seungcheol turned around, looking shocked and furious which made SEVENTEEN and ZERO crack up.

 

“What are you saying right now?! Do you want our team lose?! Are you on their side now?” Seungcheol kept on demanding from Seokmin who was waving his hands in front of him in surrender, laughing with Seunggwan. Seungcheol turned back and picked a card, reading it. He immediately blushed as SEVENTEEN cat-called and hooted.

 

Seungcheol gave the card to Doogi PD.

 

“You’re supposed to read it,”

 

“Oh, I’m sorry.” Seungcheol sank in a ninety degree bow, SEVENTEEN bursting out into laughter with ZERO. Seungcheol sank into a deeper bow, kneeling in front of Doogi PD as the said PD blushed. Seungcheol stood up again and shook the hair out of his eyes.

 

“It says: Do push-ups in front of a person you like. The number of push-ups is determined by the person’s age,” Seungcheol read aloud as he quickly threw the mission card on the floor, rushing towards Rainy who looked surprised, but giddy.

 

“How old are you?” Seungcheol asked immediately as Doyoon leaned in to whisper in Rainy’s ear.

 

“Say you’re a hundred years old,” Doyoon whispered urgently as Jiyoung and Sookyung quickly held Doyoon’s dragging him back.

 

“What are you saying?!”

 

“Yah!”

 

“I’M JOKING!” Doyoon shouted as Rainy rolled her eyes, looking back at Seungcheol who was staring at her for too long.

 

“I’m 17,” Rainy replied easily as Seungcheol immediately dropped on the floor.


”1 – 2 – 3…” Seungcheol started counting until the number seventeen, everyone counting with him. Wonwoo and Mingyu were able to hold Doyoon back from sitting on Seungcheol’s back.

 

“15 -16 -17! Ah!” Seungcheol roared, getting up as everyone applauded him for being strong.

 

“Next one! Must be from ZERO!” Tokki PD advised as Sookyung raised her hand. She immediately went to the front and studied the cards. Her hand landed on the middle one, pulling it out of the cardboard. She turned it around and blushed.

 

Seriously, what was up with these missions?!
 

“It says: Do aegyo to the person you like the most. You can’t stop unless the person doesn’t say so,” Sookyung read, slapping a hand on her forehead as ZERO cheered her on. Seriously, General Choi doing aegyo? Impossible.

 

“CHOI SOOKYUNG! CHOI SOOKYUNG!” Sunghee and ZERO cheered loudly a Sookyung approached Seokmin, facing him with a serious face. Seokmin raised an eyebrow, anticipating the aegyo. Sookyung raised two fists beside her cheeks.

 

“Omo omo, she looks like she will punch Seokmin!”

 

“YAH, eonni! Aegyo! Not boxing!” Sunghee teased as Sookyung burst out into laughter, along with everyone in the room. Sookyung gathered the courage and tilted her head cutely to one side, twists her fists here and there.

 

“Bbuing bbuing~” Sookyung’s voiced cracked in the end as SEVENTEEN and ZERO chorused in whining “Awww!”

 

“Say, ‘Seokmin oppa, buy me food!’ in a cute way!” Samuel suggested as they patted the maknae’s hair in approval of his request. Sookyung turned her head again in one side and made her eyes as big as an owl.

 

“Seokmin oppa~” Sookyung chuckled for awhile at her high and girlish voice but continued, “Please buy me food~”

 

“AHH! That’s right!”

 

“CHOI SOOKYUNG! CHOI SOOKYUNG!” Sunghee cheered in encouragement with everyone as Sookyung crouched on the floor, breathless and shocked at what she did.

 


 

“We’re going to make Kimchi Stew, Kimchi Fried Rice, Chicken and Ramyeon,” Saebyul explained to the camera, listing it off in her fingers as they entered the grocery store.

 

“Byul, what are the ingredients?” Jisoo asked from afar, rifling through the juice area.

 

“Yah, Hong Jisoo! We’re not going to put juice in the stew!” Daichi scolded as Jisoo blushed. Soonyoung glared at Daichi.

 

“Yah, let the man do what he wants!”

 

“Okay, so I should just let him poison us all?!”
 

“Chi Chi, go over there and get lots of Ramyeon. Jisoo and I will go and get the chopped Kimchi. Once you and Soonyoung are done buying the Ramyeon, go to the nearest chicken store and by chicken. I’ll also take care of the pork belly,” Saebyul instructed as Daichi raised her thumb high in the air.

 

“We will make the best food of all! Chef Byul will make sure of it,” Saebyul told the camera in English, winking as she smiled.

 

“AISH! These are all in English!” Daichi exclaimed, scratching her head, furious.

 

“There’s a Korean translation in the back of it, silly,” Soonyoung countered in a flat tone.

 

“Oh.” 


author's note; so sorry for not updating yesterday! issues came up orz. i hoped you guys liked this update ^^


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)