chapter 20 ;; hand slapping game and tricks

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter 20;                                                                                                                              

       Hand Slapping and Tricks   

“Byul, what should I cook first?” Daichi asked Saebyul who was getting their utensils to use to make the food. Saebyul ignored Daichi for a moment. Daichi sighed and crossed her arms, watching Saebyul reach for the pot that was high on the cupboard above her. Daichi wondered why didn’t she just get a chair and stood on it. Byul pride, Daichi guessed

 

“Come on eonni, here-“ Daichi stood beside Saebyul and locked her fingers together, squatting as Saebyul glanced at her.

 

“Are you sure you can hold me?” Saebyul asked cautiously, worried that Daichi might topple over because of her weight. Daichi smiled reassuringly, nodding. Saebyul nodded importantly, stepping lightly on Daichi’s locked hands.

 

“Now hoist me-“

 

“Aigoo, you two! You’re going to fall! What are you reaching for anyway?” Jisoo’s nagging voice reached the girl’s ears as they turned around, blushing as they saw Jisoo looking at them disapprovingly, a navy blue apron wrapped around his waist. He tutted and reached up his hand to the cupboard, pulling out the pot Saebyul wanted.

 

He shoved it lightly into Saebyul’s arms, the latter blushing.

 

“Yah, if you need any help, don’t be afraid to ask,” Jisoo whispered encouragingly, peering through his long lashes as Saebyul nodded meekly, looking down in the pot. Through the shiny surface, she could see her reddish cheeks.

 

“Eh, we were about to get it when you came.” Daichi sniffed as Soonyoung threw an offensive look at Daichi’s way.

 

Saebyul cleared , looking around her team.

 

“Alright. Daichi, you go make the Ramyeon. Make sure to put it all in one pot since we’ll all share. Soonyoung, you get the pan hot so you can cook the chicken. Make it extra crunchy, Jarin likes it that way. Jisoo-“

 

“I’ll slice the onions and Kimchi with you before getting to the fried rice,” Jisoo suggested as Saebyul nodded, smiling. At least she had someone who actually knew how to cook with her.

 

“Cha, let’s start!” Saebyul happily went to the sink, filling up the pot. From nowhere, arms s around her, appearing in front of her. Jisoo started to wash his hands, hi arms wrapped around her and his chin resting on her shoulder. Saebyul tried very hard not to squeal.

 

“J-Jisoo-yah, can’t you wait until I’m done?” Saebyul as Jisoo chuckled, leaning so he can reach the soap.

 

“Nope.”

 

Daichi nudged Soonyoung who was just staring at the pan interestedly. In all honesty, he wanted to talk to Daichi comfortably like how his hyungs and dongsaengs to ZERO. But there was something about Daichi that scared the daylights of him. Soonyoung glanced uncomfortably at Daichi’s way, seeing her eyeing Jisoo and Saebyul.

 

Soonyoung’s gaze drifted slowly to the two who were by the sink.


”What? Want to hug them too?” Soonyoung asked innocently as Daichi shot him a glare, rolling her eyes.

 

“You know what, never mind.” Daichi went back to opening packs of Ramyeon. Soonyoung rubbed the back of his neck, not knowing why Daichi was acting as if she was jealous of Saebyul and Jisoo’s skinship. Soonyoung then grinned as he thought of a brilliant idea.

 

He discreetly went behind Daichi, wrapping his arms around her quickly, snuggling his head in her back.

 

And to Soonyoung’s surprise, she was small and…soft. It’s like he wanted to hold her all day and her soft hair-

 

“YAH! LET GO OF ME!” Daichi turned around and slapped Soonyoung in the face with square formed noodles. Soonyoung looked absolutely appalled he was slapped with noodles.

 

“You are very strange,”

 

“And you are too touchy, sir.”

 


 

“Okay everyone, we will play a game called the Hand Slapping Game!” Tokki PD told SEVENTEEN and ZERO, who were sitting cross-legged on the floor, listening intently of how the game works.

 

“But since some of you are still not yet comfortable with each other, this game is going to be a little different. Please bring in the mattress!” And with Doogi PD’s words, the staff brought in a huge mattress, the size of a king sized bed. SEVENTEEN and ZERO cheered happily, seeing the soft material, ready to jump on it.

 

Once the mattress was on the floor, Mingyu bounded on it, along with Jarin and Sunghee. The three played as if they were in a playground, pushing each other around and tackling each other.

 

The rest of the group just stared at their weird members, and turned back to the PDs.

 

“Okay, it’s ZERO vs. SEVENTEEN now. You guys have to pick two representatives from each team to go up. I’ll explain once you guys pick your players.”

 

“Okay, who wants to play?” Sookyung asked ZERO as several hands shot up.

 

“Let’s play rock, paper, scissors to determine the two who will play,” Kiana suggested, grinning as ZERO agreed energetically. Sunghee and Jarin came back to their team, panting as with Mingyu.

 

“Rock, paper, scissors!”

 

“AWW!”

 

“YES!”

 

“Okay, so our players will be Aixing and Dayoon!” Jarin announced actively, giggling as ZERO laughed at her cheerfulness.

 

Dayoon and Aixing stood up, evident grins on their faces.

 

“Word hard!”

 

“You guys can do it eonnis!”

 

Aixing and Dayoon stood on one side of the mattress, Seunggwan and Seokmin on the opposite side.

 

“Okay, Dayoon and Seokmin, please exchange places,” Tokki PD requested politely as Dayoon, confused and curious, exchanged places with Seokmin. Dayoon stood awkwardly beside Seunggwan as Seokmin tried to smile as comfortably as he could.

 

“Now, Seunggwan and Aixing will battle. The job of Dayoon and Seokmin is to catch the person in front of them. There’s a catch. They can decide if they want to catch their teammate or not. Winning isn’t determined if Dayoon or Seokmin caught Aixing or Seunggwan. It still depends on who knocks the other player down,” Doogi PD explained briefly as SEVENTEEN and ZERO made ‘ahh’ sounds.

 

“1 – 2 – 3 – START!”

 

“BU SEUNGGWAN! BU SEUNGGWAN!”

 

“GO AHJUSSI!” Sunghee screamed for Seunggwan as ZERO cracked up, Sookyung hugging her. Seunggwan glared at Sunghee before blushing and looking up to Aixing. Since Aixing was older, she was naturally taller, though boys should be taller than girls.

 

“XING XING! XING XING!” ZERO chanted cheerfully, Sunghee even standing up and creating a silly dance to cheer for Aixing. Seunggwan pushed Aixing palms, but at the last minute, Aixing put them down, Seunggwan leaning on Aixing awkwardly, turning his head to the left so he would land face first on Aixing’s…well…chest.

 

Junhui cringed, his eyes widening at Aixing. He was really worried about her, especially with Seunggwan. Seunggwan retreated to his place quickly as Aixing slapped his palms, unbalancing Seunggwan.

 

“AH! DAYOON, CATCH-“

 

“NOPE!”

 

Seunggwan landed hard on his , rubbing as he looked up at Dayoon who was smirking.

 

“1 point for ZERO! Next players please!”

 

“Sookyung and Jiyoung are our players!” Sunghee announced loudly as Sookyung and Jiyoung stood up, receiving cheer from ZERO and SEVENTEEN alike.

 

Seungcheol and Doyoon stood up too. Seungcheol exchanged with Sookyung, Doyoon and Jiyoung stepping up on the mattress, raising their hands.

 

“Be careful, G-Pigeon. Doyoon’s good in hand slapping,” Sookyung warned loudly, glaring at Doyoon turning around to smirk at Sookyung’s way. The game started. Doyoon hit Jiyoung’s palms hard, but it didn’t even make Jiyoung quiver. She hit back, Doyoon almost losing his balance.

 

Jiyoung raised her eyebrows in amusement as Doyoon made a determined facial expression.

 

“HIYA!” Doyoon shouted, scaring the daylights out of Jiyoung. He hit her palms as hard as she could, Jiyoung falling into Seungcheol’s awaiting arms. SEVENTEEN and ZERO were shocked, but clapped in encouragement. Jiyoung blushed, thanking Seungcheol meekly.

 

Rainy and Jihoon both locked eyes and the both of them were surprised that they had the exact same expression. Confusion and irritation.

 

Sookyung and Jiyoung came back, looking nervous, but happy.

 

“Okay, next up is Yijun and- wait. Where’s Jarin?”

 


 

“Soonyoung, that doesn’t look too good,” Sunghee complained, pointing at the chicken. Jarin nodded at what Sunghee said, smiling angelically. They were there ever since the game started. They tried tricking Soonyoung first. Soonyoung ignored them, making Daichi laugh.

 

No one could ignore this Hungry Duo.

 

“Soonyoung-ah, the temperature isn’t right.”

 

“You need to flip it.”

 

“That-“

 

“HERE!” Soonyoung shoved a chicken in a small plate, giving it to Jarin who ate it excitedly, sharing it with Sunghee who looked like she was in food heaven. Daichi, through the corner of her eye, saw Soonyoung concentrate cutely on the pan.

 

He wasn’t too bad after all, Daichi thought. 


author's note; hello everyone. so, school for me starts tomorrow, and since i'm a junior now, updates on zero might be slow. but don't worry! zero is my tpo priority when it comes to stories :3 just expect slow updates ^^; i hoped you guys liked this chapter!


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)