chapter o9 ;; second half of the second game

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter o9;                                                                                                                              

       Second Half of the Second Game   

“The winner of the first game is Jiyoung’s team!” Tokki PD announced as ZERO cheered happily, Sunghee even doing some disturbing dance moves with the potted plant. SEVENTEEN kept straight faces, because of Seungcheol’s order.

 

SEVENTEEN just stared at ZERO with blank expressions. The first one to notice this was surprisingly Eunmi. She immediately stopped doing the Gentleman dance, blushing as she saw Samuel’s blank face.

 

“Uh, eonni? I don’t think they’re amused,” Eunmi whispered urgently to Jiyoung who was doing the ing dance. She immediately stopped at Eunmi’s words, glancing at Jihoon who was blinking absent-mindedly. Almost all at once, ZERO started acting normal, as if nothing happened, coughing and sitting back down.

 

The PDs looked traumatized.

 

Doogi PD shook her head, clearing that image out of her mind.

 

“Okay then. Next to battle are Sookyung’s team and Seokmin’s team! Please step on the mat and pick your queen and king!” Doogi PD stated loudly as Sookyung stood up first in excitement, grinning as she helped the others up. The two teams went on the yellow mat, discussing amongst each other.

 

“Okay, what’s the plan General?” Jarin asked excitedly, looking at Sookyung who smiled.

 

“We’ll do the opposite of what Jiyoung did. Who is the strongest here?” Sookyung asked around, looking at her teammates. Most of them, bowed their heads, coughed or looked away. Sookyung put on a you’ve got to be kidding me look.

 

“Fine. I’ll be the queen. It’s okay if the team falls. As long as the queen stands, we win,” Sookyung explained as Yijun scoffed.

 

“Sacrifice us for you? Great,” Yijun stated sarcastically as Sookyung flashed a smile at her. She liked Yijun, she found her human.

 

“Yup, that’s exactly what we’re going to do. Okay, the offensive line will be Jarin, Yijun and Miyasha. Defensive line is Saebyul, Rainy and Jadyn. That means, you guys will just defend me until I give you guys an order to attack, okay?” Sookyung broke down for her team, sounding like a true general.

 

“This sounds like we’re going into war. I don’t like war,” Jadyn squeaked as Rainy smiled evilly beside her.

 

“Well I do. Let’s go!” Rainy shouted as a battle cry, grinning wildly this time. Sookyung raised a suspicious eyebrow at her enthusiasm but shrugged it off.

 

“LIKE ZERO!” Sunghee shouted as a cheer, and please mind she shouted it alone. She even stood up to wave her invisible pom poms.

 

“Yah! THAT’S OURS!” Soonyoung shouted in shock as the members dragged Sunghee down. Ah Sunghee. So confused.

 

Sookyung went behind the girls, raising her foot ready as she saw that Seokmin was in the front, leading his team. She locked eyes with him, smirking. Seokmin winked at her in return.

 

“Please hold your right foot! 3 – 2 – 1 – GO!” Tokki and Doogi PD shouted loudly as a horn sounded this time.

 

“Let’s go! AH!” Jarin yelled as she led two of her teammates to Seokmin. Jarin immediately targeted Hansol. And from all the time she has watched Hansol play the Chicken Fight, she knew that he was no match for her. He always chicken out, ironically.

 

“So, Korean-American on Korean-American huh?” Hansol asked jokingly, hopping to maintain balance as Jarin stood tall, half-smiling.

 

“You talk too much, Choi. HIYA!”

 

“You think beat me? Are you seriously pondering something so impossible that you can’t-“ Yijun was cut off by Mingyu hitting her knee forcefully, making her fall. As a joke, Mingyu purposefully fell too, landing beside Yijun who was too pissed off to talk.

 

“What were you saying dongsaeng?” Mingyu asked playfully as Yijun kept quiet.

 

Miyasha said nothing as she kept her eyes locked on Wonwoo’s knee. Honestly, the two were too awkward to make any moves. The farthest they had gone was when Wonwoo hit Miyasha’s knee twice in a row. Yeah, that was pretty far.

 

“You two are too conservative! Defensive line, attack!” Sookyung shouted as the remaining three girls.

 

“AH!” Rainy shouted as she hopped faster than her teammates, immediately knocking the surprised Seungcheol out.

 

“Oh! Hyung is out?! CHEOL HYUNG IS OUT?!” Seunggwan exclaimed disbelievingly. Seungcheol was the best in Chicken Fight in SEVENTEEN. Jisoo was next. But Seungcheol out was already a shock for SEVENTEEN.

 

Seungcheol narrowed his eyes as Rainy stood on one foot, proud.

 

“So, they say you’re second to the best in this game huh?” Saebyul teased Jisoo as Jisoo blushed, looking down sheepishly.

 

“Well-“

 

“They’re lying. HIYA!” Saebyul knocked Jisoo down in one push, Jisoo falling on top of Seungcheol’s back. The funny thing is, Seungcheol was on all fours, trying to get up when Jisoo landed on top of him.

 

“Jisoo-ah!”

 

“It wasn’t me! It was her!”

 

“Dongjin-ah~ Listen to your noona. You have to be out in order for us to win,” Jadyn sweet-talked Dongjin who smiled angelically, suddenly putting his foot down as Sunghee made a cry of happiness, Seunggwan creating a cry of pain and hurt.

 

“Thank you Dongjin-ah!” Jadyn smiled sweetly as Dongjin laughed, tilting his head cutely to the right as Seunggwan pretended to feint, Sunghee making faces at him.

 

“HIYA!”

 

“AH!” Jarin fell on the mat hard, Hansol bumping his knee on her knee. Jarin quickly switched to acting mode, pretending she was hurt badly.

 

“Oh my gosh, Jarin are you alright?” Hansol immediately dropped down on his knees, checking Jarin’s forehead. Jarin opened her half-closed eyes, winking. And at that moment, Hansol knew.

 

“That’s cheating,” Hansol grumbled, looking spent but happy. He sat up as Jarin did too.

 

Jarin then glanced at Miyasha and Wonwoo, seeing how they’re doing. To be honest, they just stood there, looking awkward and confused.

 

“Oh for goodness sake- KNOCK HIM DOWN GULL!” Jarin shouted as Miyasha’s head tilted upwards in shock. And as if her body acted on her own, she barreled Wonwoo down on the mat, Wonwoo instinctively wrapping his arms around Miyasha to protect her from her fall, since he felt her trip. They landed on top of each other, completely frozen.

 

“Let’s help this awkward couple,” Hansol called, standing up in unison with Jarin.

 

“Call!” Jarin chirped as she tore Miyasha away from Wonwoo, dragging them both away.

 

“So, that leaves us huh?” Seokmin asked Sookyung as she just smirked.

 

“Not quiet. OH MY GOSH WHAT HAPPENED TO SEUNGGWAN?!” Sookyung shouted in her most concerned voice as Seokmin glanced at SEVENTEEN who had shocked faces on.

 

“HYUNG! DON’T FALL FOR-“

 

“YAH!” Sookyung knocked Seokmin down hard, hopping victoriously.

 

“And for this round, Sookyung’s team wins!” Tokki PD announced as ZERO cheered happily. It was already 1 – 1.

 

“We have to think of a game to break the tie,” Tokki PD whispered to Doogi PD as the latter grinned.

 

“Luckily, I know the perfect game.” 


author's note; hoped you guys liked this one! ^^


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)