chapter o1 ;; first seven members

「 z e r o 」 ↷ “apply closed; story starting!”

 ↷chapter o1;                                                                                                                              

       First Seven Members   

It was another sunny day in Yangjae-dong, Seoul, South Korea with people busy with their work and schedules. Especially a specific crew who was assigned to bring seven girls to a famous place..

 

“Set up the cameras everyone! Did everyone get the script? I need camera one and six over here!” A small and chubby woman barked the orders as the crew rushed around, doing whatever the woman said. Her long brown hair was tied up in a messy ponytail as she scanned the script the scriptwriters wrote, trying to recap everything in her mind.

 

Her name is going to be unknown, because she prefers it that way. No one in Pledis Entertainment knew her real name except the CEO. She glanced up from the script, her earpiece picking up some muffling voice.

 

“The first member is coming,” a manly voice reported through the earpiece as the mysterious small lady nodded seriously, almost too seriously. Like, chill dude, this isn’t a life and death situation.

 

Throughout the series, let’s just call her Tokki PD. Cute, eh?

 

“Places everyone! The first member of Zero will be entering!” Tokki PD announced loudly, glaring at her crew (and also hoping for the best) as she waddled behind the cameras.

 

Just then, a small person rounded the corner.

 

She had a cute little black headband to keep her brown luscious hair from crowding her face. She was wearing a loose, white blouse that said “NEW YOURK 22” though the spelling is off, she wears it proudly. Hansol would probably ask her which shop she bought the shirt from. Accompanying her casual look was faded grey jeans that was folded so her black and white converse could be seen. A backpack was slung on two of her shoulders as she walked in a leisurely pace.

 

For an eleven year old kid, she sure knew how to dress.

 

The mysterious little girl finally looked up from the cracks of the sidewalk to see about five different cameras positioned at her. Her footsteps faltered until she came to a full stop.

 

Who are these people? Were they sent by the police? I hope they have food with them the little girl thought as she stared sternly at the center camera.

 

“Uh, what is this? Am I supposed to do anything? Are you all my minions?” The little girl asked doubtfully, leaning on her left side, raising her eyebrows, unimpressed. It was her signature posture, but it didn’t shake Tokki PD. She just rolled her eyes and walked forward slightly.

 

“Please get on the bus,” Tokki PD said in a gentle tone, half smiling as she gestured towards the blue bus which had a banner on it saying “WE ARE ZERO!” and the Pledis Entertainment sign. The little girl huffed, crossing her arms. She wasn’t going to take advice from a stranger, especially someone who just told her to get on a bus.

 

“Why would I? What if I don’t know you’re all crazy kidnappers-“

 

“Kwon Eunmi, don’t scare them. If you can’t see, they’re wearing IDs from the company, so you bet they’re from Africa,” A tall, laid-back looking girl joked, appearing out of nowhere, or so you think. She followed the bossy Eunmi, since she knew she was going to boss a poor dog to see the schedule of the buses today.

 

You wouldn’t notice her right away, but if you do, she’s definitely eye catching. She also had brown hair, but it was high-lighted in many parts, and it wasn’t wavy like the little girls’. It was straighter and tamed especially with the white bandana headband she was wearing to keep her bangs from flying all over the place. She was wearing a simple blue plaid button up shirt with a white t-shirt peeking through. She had plaid pants on with her red rubber shoes. Her brown sling bag’s strap was clutched loosely on her right hand as the other ruffled up Eunmi’s hair.

 

I don’t know about Ryu Jiyoung, but if I were her, I wouldn’t wake up the beast which was Eunmi early in the morning.

 

Eunmi scoffed, rolling her eyes at her older friend’s joke.

 

“Sorry about that, she’s always like this in mornings. Wait, she’s usually sleeping in the morning. Well come on, the PD told us to get in the bus, so we should,” Jiyoung consoled, bowing to the crew slightly as she got Eunmi’s hand, shuffling towards the bus. The moment Jiyoung stepped on the bus, music started playing.

 

“Congratulations! Congratulations! YOU’RE A MEMBER OF ZERO!”

 

And all hell broke loose.

 

Which literally meant Eunmi.

 

“YAH! WHAT IS HAPPENING?! EONNI!” Eunmi screeched, nearly shattering Jiyoung’s (and they crew’s) eardrums. She tried to step down but Jiyoung shook her head, holding Eunmi’s hand tighter as she led her in the bus.

 

The music stopped playing and Jiyoung sighed gratefully. She was touched by the song, but it irritated all means possible.

 

On the other hand (literally) Eunmi tried to pull Jiyoung back outside.

 

“Jiyoung eonni, this is a trick! They’re going to kill us! They’re sons and daughters of wealthy mafia kings-“

 

“Are you reading another fanfiction? Because if you are, recommend it to me. But Eunmi, this is a Pledis bus. I’ve seen it loads of times in Incheon before, when they were promoting NU’EST,” Jiyoung replied easily, making Eunmi relax just a little bit. Jiyoung pulled her to seat on the bus seat, the seat next to the window as Jiyoung slid beside Eunmi herself.

 

“Wah, I wonder why they called us to come here,” Jiyoung asked herself thoughtfully, her bag on her lap as a distant expression rose on her face. Eunmi cared less, since she was already with Jiyoung. She took out her notebook and started drawing.

 

Outside, Tokki PD was silently rejoicing. She was grateful that the bossy little girl was already out of the way, so it meant four more members yet to go before they leave.

 

Suddenly, another girl rounded the corner. Unlike the past girls, she was different. You would identify her as one of those skateboarder girls, skipping school and hanging out with guys all the time.

 

However, even though Yoo Dayoon looked like that, it didn’t mean she was like that.

 

She entered the scene wearing printed baggy pants, an oversized t-shirt which said “JUDGE ME” it big white letters. Her hairstyle was like Amber’s hairstyle of f(x). It was swept to one side, and short. She had jet black hair that complimented the background of her printed pants. She wore neon orange sneakers as a lollipop stick sported out of . A backpack was slung carelessly on one shoulder as her right hand was shoved in her pants.

 

Confidence radiated everywhere off Dayoon, also the feeling of not giving a damn of what anyone thinks.

 

Though, it didn’t stop her from looking confusingly at the camera crew, an eyebrow raised.

 

“Okay?”

 

“Please get in the bus,” Tokki PD repeated as Dayoon shrugged, not really caring if it was a scam. She was the playful and mischievous type, so it didn’t really worry her. The moment she stepped on the bus, the same music played.

 

“Congratulations! Congratulations! YOU’RE A MEMBER OF ZERO!” Eunmi sang along happily, giggling as she glanced up to see the newcomer. Dayoon was of course shocked because of the music, but shrugged it off. Nothing can scare this girl.

 

She walked past Jiyoung and Eunmi, waving and flashing a small smile at Jiyoung and Eunmi. She didn’t know the two personally, but she got a feeling she will. Soon. Dayoon chose the seat two rows on the opposite of Jiyoung, dropping her bag on the seat beside her. She glanced at Jiyoung who was already looking at her good naturedly.

 

“So, do you know the reason we’re here?” Dayoon asked jokingly, waving her hand in the air to indicate the weird music that played when the three of them entered. Jiyoung was happy she wasn’t the only one confused.

 

“I don’t know too! I just got a call to come here,”
 

“Yeah, me too! I think we’re doing some show because of the cameras.” Dayoon looked through the window, spying on the camera crew before happily looking back at an excited Jiyoung.

 

“I know why we’re here!” Eunmi announced, standing proudly on top of her seat, facing back so she can see the astounded look on Dayoon’s face. Jiyoung groaned, slumping on her seat immediately.

 

“Eunmi! We are not getting kidna-“

 

“Of course not Jiyoung, that’s silly of you to think like that!” Eunmi replied in a British accent as Jiyoung’s jaw dropped.

 

“But you said awhile ago-!”

 

“Anyways, we’re here because we’re a member of Zero! Didn’t you listen to the song?” Eunmi asked Dayoon in a bossy tone, but Dayoon was used to it. Eunmi was the maknae after all, and Dayoon just laughed, shaking her head while popping the lollipop out of , which Eunmi eyed enviously.

 

“Well, since it scared the bajeejees out of me, I didn’t focus too much of it. I’ve heard a lot of rumors about Pledis debuting a girl group. So…we’re part of it?” Dayoon asked Jiyoung seriously as Jiyoung shrugged, a small smile creeping on her lips.

 

“Maybe.”

 

Outside again, Tokki PD and her camera crew waited for the next victim- Ah, member.

 

“Ah! It’s a beautiful sunny da- Omo! It’s going to rain later?! WHY?!” The loud voice of Jarin filled the Yangjae-dong bus station. She was wearing an oversized grey sweater (seriously, what is up with them and oversized clothing?!) with a panda printed on it, accompanied with plain black leggings and running shoes. Her MCM bag was tightly strapped on her back as she browsed her phone through the weather report forecast in South Korea’s official weather website.

 

Jarin didn’t stop like the other three. She kept on walking and walking until she hit the camera lens.

 

“Aigoo! That hurt!” Jarin moaned, a hand immediately coming up to her head to rub it. Her eyes widened at the camera lens. She peeked through it, making one eye bigger and nearing it to the camera to inspect.

 

“Please get on the bus,” Tokki PD told Jarin, almost in a tired way as Jarin giggled, saluting Tokki PD before facing the bus. She got on, and of course, the moment she steps on the bus:

 

“Congratulations! Congratulations!”

 

Jarin started to smile wide, dancing the chicken dance weirdly along the music.

 

“YOU’RE A MEMBER OF ZERO!”

 

“YAY!” Jarin shouted, spreading her arms out wide while panting, staring at her quiet crowd. Dayoon blinked at the weird girl as Eunmi groaned. Jiyoung just smiled affectionately.

 

Just then, outside of the bus, back in the station, two girls entered the scene. One was taller than the other, but the smaller was as energetic as a bunny. The two walked side by side, talking about training.

 

The taller girl wore a long, knitted brown coat with a white shirt inside, accompanied by plaid shorts and a bag with a print of the American flag, but black and white only. Beside her, the smaller and more enthusiastic one was a girl wearing a knitted white bonnet, white shirt along with plaid pants. She had no bag on her, which was fine.

 

“Sunghee, look.” The taller one, Song Saebyul prodded her friend on the shoulder as a warning, pointing at the camera crew and Tokki PD. Ahn Sunghee, being clueless about the situation, smiled and waved at the camera crew.

 

“Hello everyone! So, you’re the new bus station crew? How come I didn’t catch this on the news?”

 

“Please get on the bus,” Tokki PD said exasperatedly, rolling her eyes as Saebyul frowned, feeling as if Tokki PD disliked them. Saebyul held Sunghee’s arm tight, leading her in the bus. The moment they stepped on the bus,

 

“Congratulations! Con-“

 

“Hey! I know this song! Congratulations my wife~ The baby is ours~” Sunghee started to sing a song ballad song she made herself, getting into character. Saebyul covered to keep her from laughing, her lips in nervousness for her friend.

 

“Silly Sunghee, it’s an upbeat song. Come on, let’s greet them. Hello everyone! I’m Song Saebyul and this is Ahn Sunghee-“

 

“YO! I’M CHOI SOO KYUNG!” A girl with a grey beanie, denim blue jacket, baggy leggings and high cut sneakers suddenly appeared as the song started to play again.

 

Choi Sookyung, the newcomer, slung two arms around Sunghee and Saebyul, grinning at the girls in front of them.

 

“So, we’re the new members of Pledis’ new girl group, Zero huh?” Sookyung asked mischievously, blowing the bangs off her face. Saebyul sighed as Sunghee started to nod happily, but then put on a confused expression.

 

“I thought we were going to be a ballad group? We already have a song! Congratulations my wife~

 

“Ah, enough with the baby song!” Dayoon screamed, stuffing her ears with her fingers as Sunghee giggled.

 

Hey, it wasn’t her fault if they hated her new ballad.


 

author's note; hello everyone! don't worry, these are just the first seven! so, congrats to them! the next eight will be revealed in the next chapter! ^^


                                                                                                                                            

    (zero)