Confession

Five Years Ago

Ahhhh thank you guys so much! ><  I woke up this morning and realised i had 31 subbies. Omg. What a great way to start a day kekeke. It was way beyond my expectation. I never expeced people would actually read and subscribe to my dumb story. Thank you so much guys! ><  Anyways, enjoy this chapter! ^^  Have a great day ahead!  

 

 

“Hurry! Himchan’s waiting for you!” Eunri shouted from down stairs. “5 minutes!” I shouted back as I quickly put on my earrings. I fixed my hair and smiled at the mirror. That should do it. I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs.

“Do girls always take so long to get ready?” Himchan smiled at me from the bottom of the stairs. I rolled my eyes. “Let’s go.” I hit his arm playfully. “Owh!” He pouted and rubbed his arm. “Have fun!” Eunri called out and waved as we got into the car.

 

“And then… I fell.” I almost spit out my food and ended out coughing violently. “Oh my gosh. Are you okay?” Himchan immediately got up and started to pat my back. I put a hand up. “I am.” I started laughing and took my glass of water. I took a sip as he sat back down.

“Was it that funny?” He scratched the back of his neck. I placed my glass back down. I looked at him with a solemn face an d burst out laughing again. “Duh.” I stifled back a laughter. “How old are you? 3? You fell down the stairs just because Youngjae said boo?” “Really?” He asked. “Yup. You’re like a little kid.”

He pouted. “ Awwwww.” I ruffled his hair and chuckled. “Hey!” He glared at me. “I spent 15 minutes on this!” I chuckled. He looked up and laughed lightly.

“Hey uhm…” “Yes?” I said, my mouth filled with food. “Sorry…” I swallowed and looked back up at him. He took a breath. “Promise not to get angry or… whatever when I tell you this?” “ Go on…” He took another breath. “Here goes…” He mumbled and his lips.

“Hyerin-“ “Yeah?” “ Let me finish my sen-“ “Okay.” He shot me a look. “Sorry…” “Hyerin, will you… will you give me a chance to make you happy?  Will you give me a chance to own a place in your heart? … Will you be my girlfriend?”

 

My mouth was agape. I tried to say something but I couldn’t. Nothing came out. “Himchan…i-i-“ He looked into my eyes, searching for an answer. “ I can’t…” “Why? Is it because of Yongguk?” I looked down at my lap and bit my bottom lip. “I can help you forget him. I’ll treat you better.” “But Himchan-“ He sighed. “ Don’t you understand? …Can’t you feel it? I… love you. I love you, Hyerin. I feel like a fool waiting for you although I know that you’ll never be mine. That’s why I had to make this move. Why… why can’t you just let Yongguk go?  Why can’t you realise I cherish you more than he does? Why?”

I got up. “Somethings… are just too hard to let go. Their like forever etched in you.” I sighed. “I’m sorry.” I took my bag, and left.

 

Author’s P.O.V

I knew it… Himchan smiled sadly and looked down. I knew it… He let out a deep sigh and heaved himself out of the seat. Making his way to the counter to settle the bill, he passed by a couple. That’ll never be us. He shook his head and settled the bill.

Using that tiny bit of strength left, he pushed the restaurant’s door open. “ What beautiful weather…” He looked up to the sky. “Time to go.” He moved his feet down the pavement, agonizingly slow. He bit his bottom lip. I guess it’ll never happen huh?  Will it? 

He shook his head and smiled sadly. “I’m so jealous of you, Yongguk.” He muttered. “ You better treat her well and don’t break her heart again. A girl this good is hard to come by nowadays.” He kicked a pebble on the pavement. You hurt her, I hurt you.

He puffed out his cheeks. “ It’s going to be so awkward with Hyerin now…” He let out a sigh, ruffled his hair and continued down the pavement that the evening sun cast a beautiful orange glow on.