Realizing

Five Years Ago

So... so far, Yongguk is leading by 1 vote hehehe. If you haven't voted, please do! :)  It's in the previous chapter! Anyways, enjoy this chapter! :D 

 

Let’s go back to the dorm. Shall we?

 

Back in the dorm, in a corner of the living room, Himchan sat there concentrating on his phone. Well, until Youngjae asked that question. A girl? Hyerin? Himchan furrowed his brows and thought.

“Weird. Yongguk talked to himself.” Zelo said. Himchan snapped out of it. Where is he? Gone?  He looked around. Yeah. Gone.

He stood up and stretched. “Hey.” He grabbed Daehyun by his shoulder as he ran out of the kitchen with a bowl of noodles.

“ Where’s Yongguk?” “ Oh. He went out.” Daehyun replied, barely understandable as he was already devouring his noodles.

Himchan cocked his head to the side. “Out?” Daehyun nodded and started walking to the couch.

“Wait. Where?” Himchan stopped him again. “Uhm… I don’t know. With a girl, I guess.” He grinned. “I wonder if she’s pretty…”

A girl? Should be Hyerin. Right?

“Hey uhm, I need to go out for awhile.” Himchan shouted to the four as he grabbed his keys and wallet. “Buy some fried chicken back!” Daehyun shouted before Himchan closed the door.


 

The bus was empty. Well, almost. The driver, a couple and him.

He looked out of the window at the passing scenery. Usually, he’ll get fascinated by it. By how people on the streets walk, talk and laugh, the buildings.  But… not today. Something felt strangely out of place. But he couldn’t point it out.

A little sigh escaped his lips. “Why am I making it so hard for myself?” He mumbled.

He could just try to forget about her after that day, after the rejection. He could have done that and look for another girl. I mean, come on. He’s Kim Himchan. But he didn’t. Why is he doing this to himself? Why is he making himself suffer? He didn’t know either.

“Why am I making this so hard for myself?” He repeated. His closed his eyes and let fatigue take over for that moment.


 

He was tired.

But so was Hyerin, Yongguk.

But he didn’t know. He couldn’t see.

 


 

He stepped out of the bus. “So… it should be G12 right? So where’s her unit?” He started counting.

“I guess this is it…” He swung the front gate open and headed to the porch. He lift his arm up, then he dropped it. Taking a breath, he lifted it up again and knocked.

“Oh uhm, may I help you?” A young man, a couple of centimetres taller answered the door. Who is he?

“Is Hyerin… here?” “Oh! You’re Hyerin’s friend?” He greeted him with a wide grin. “ Would you like to come in?” I’m here to look for- nevermind. “Sure.”


 

“So you’re Himchan?” Himchan nodded. “That Himchan?” Eunri hit Hyunshik. “Okay. Sorry…” He whispered to her.

‘Uhm… Hyerin went out a couple of minutes ago. Wait.. like almost an hour ago.” Eunri said. “She didn’t say where she went though. Or who she’s going with.”

“She went out with Yongguk.” “Hyunshik!” Eunri screamed.

“Uh… Thanks. Sorry for bothering you.” Himchan got up, bowed and left.


 

So they did go out together… Himchan kicked a pebble on a pavement. He sighed and looked up. Maybe we’re just not-

“Is that Hyerin?” He said softly to himself.  

He scrutinised on the woman in the park. He took a step forward but then he stopped.

“Yongguk?” He said softly again. Wait…

Then it hit him.

He took a step back.

And then another.

And another.

Turning on his heels, He left for the bus stop.

“It’ll take around an hour…” He looked at his watch.

Just enough time for him to think and calm down.

He stepped into the bus and sat down. And started thinking.


 

“Where’s my fried chicken?” Daehyun whined. “Our fried chicken.” Youngjae corrected Daehyun.

“Oh. Uh… I forgot. I’ll go get it now.” Himchan scratched his head and headed out again

“.” Daehyun received slap in his tummy. “What?”:  He literally screamed.

“Can’t you see he is not in a good mood? Even Zelo can see that.” Jongup glared at Daehuun and Youngjae.

“Oh .” They mumbled. “Yeah. .” Zelo repeated.