As your bestfriend

Five Years Ago

Your P.O.V

After the guys were out of sight, Eunri tapped my shoulder. “Hey, do you find anything different about Himchan from when you first met him?” She asked. “Uhm… It’s less awkward?” I replied. She facepalmed herself. “Duh. Because you two got closer and are like…friends now? As in like… do you find anything weird about him?” She asked. “… No. Why?” I looked at her. She shook her head. “Nothing.”

 

After walking for a few minutes she opened to speak again. “Do you.. maybe… like him?” I stared at her blankly for a moment. “What…No! Of course not.” Why is she asking weird questions? “ I think he likes you.” She stated. “Of course he- What?!” I literally screamed in her ear. “Hey… my eardrums.” She rubbed her ears. I laughed awkwardly. “ He doesn’t like me.” “He does. At least from my point of view… His actions, words…” “Nope.” I shook my head. Eunri sighed. “ You’ll realise it. Sooner or later.” Sooner or later?

 

Eunri’s P.O.V

Is she dumb or… How could she not notice?  I looked up at my bestfriend who was enjoying the wind while strolling down the sidewalk. Probably still ‘obsessed’ with Yongguk. Hasn’t her feeling for him subsided yet? It has been 5 years already.

 I cleared my throat. “Then uhm… do you still like Yongguk?” She stopped walking and turned around to face me. “What?” She laughed rather dryly. “ Of course I don’t.” I know you do, idiot. I gave her a smile. “Yeah right.” “I really don’t!” I put my hands up. “Okay. Okay.” “Tsk.” She rolled her eyes before continuing down the streets. Liar. Terrible liar. As usual. I laughed lightly and followed her.

 

 

“The point is, we don’t know if Yongguk still loves her!” I covered my mouth and looked over at Hyerin. She was still sleeping soundly. Thank god. I didn’t wake her up. “ Maybe he does…” Himchan said from the other side of the line. I raised an eyebrow. “What do you mean?” “He said… like uhm… one part of him don’t feel anything but the other part still uh.. loves her.” “Uh huh so?” “So, I said he doesn’t love her as much and he said it’s something like that.”

I narrowed my eyes. “Jerk.” “ Excuse me?” Himchan sounded a little angry. “No no! Not you!  I mean Yongguk.” I replied quickly. “Okay…Why?” “Don’t you feel it’s kind of unfair for him to keep going out with her.” I said as I dropped my arm onto my pillow. “Like he’s giving Hyerin false hope? ” He sighed. “I thought you said that she doesn’t like him?”

Unbelievable. “Are you dumb? She obviously lying right. And you yourself know it.” Himchan sighed again. “Yeah… I guess so.” “Make your move.” I said. “W-what?” “Make your move! Ask her out! A lunch date or something wouldn’t hurt.” “ B-but…” I rolled my eyes. “ Just do it. Take your time but do it. I’m afraid she’ll get hurt if it carries on like this.”

I took a breath. “ Listen Himchan, if you love her then muster up your courage and ask her out. I’m sure she won’t reject you. Maybe she’ll develop feelings and…” I lay down onto my bed, “Do you get it?” “Y-yeah… I will. One day…” Himchan yawned. “I shall not disturb you further. Goodnight, Himchan.” “ Goodnight Eunri.” I hung up and placed my phone on the bedside table. I stared into the darkness. As your bestfriend… I don’t want you to get hurt, Hyerin.

 

This chapter is alot shorter than the previous ones but... i hope you liked it ^^ Sorry i took such a long time to update though i have already finished my mid-year exams. I just have alot of practices and it really tire me out. I have a performance this Saturday hence the long hours of practices. I hope you guys understand :)  Anyways, your comments never fail to make my day better so... comment please :D Okay, have a great day. Bye~