Eunri knows

Five Years Ago

“Oh hey, Himchan.” I smiled as he entered the café again at 11am. “The usual?” “Yup.” He smiled back and sat down.

He have been coming almost every day for about a month or two now. Always at 11am when business is slow. We never ran out of things to talk about. And we got closer… which means we are friends now, right?

“So, how’s things with Yongguk?” “H-huh?” I stared at him. “Come on, you’ve been going out on dates with him, right?” He eyed me. “ D-dates?” I blinked at him as a little hint of red appeared on my cheeks. “His mood is always better when he gets to go out with you. Next time, invite me too, okay?” He winked at me. “W-what?” “Just kidding.” He laughed. “I didn’t say that I won’t … I’m having dinner with him tonight. Want to join?” I smiled. He nodded his head eagerly and grinned. “ I want to go too!” Eunri whined. I chuckled at her childish behaviour. “Of course.”

 

“ Uh…” Yongguk pointed at Himchan and Eunri. “ Come on. Don’t be like that. The more the merrier, right?” Eunri said. “Unless you-“ I elbowed her. “Owh! What was that for?” She shot me a glare and Himchan chuckled. “To prevent you from saying nonsense.” I replied. Yongguk rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. “ It’s alright, right hyung?” Himchan asked. Yongguk nodded. “Yeah.”

 

 

Himchan’s P.O.V

I looked at Yongguk and Hyerin talking and laughing to each other. I felt… a pang of jealousy. I got to admit that i… sort of like… like Hyerin. It’s those kind of ‘love at first sight’ thing.

I sighed as I poked at my steak. “Hey… you alright?” Hyerin looked over. I blinked at her. “ Y-yeah.” I forced a smile. “I am.” I cut a piece of steak and stuffed it in my mouth. “You sure, Himchan?” Yongguk asked. I nodded. Maybe wanting to join them was a bad idea… “ Uhm… I need to go to the washroom,” I smiled and politely excused myself from the table.

 

I rested my hands on the sides of the sink and looked up into the mirror. “What is wrong with you, Kim Himchan? She’s Yongguk’s.” I sighed. “ She still loves him. You can see that, can’t you? So why?  Why did you even thought of trying? Why did you even thought that you might have a chance?  Wake up, Himchan.” I the tap and splashed some water onto my face. I wiped my face with a paper towel and lightly slapped my cheeks. “Wake up, Himchan.”

 

 

Eunri’s P.O.V

I looked at Himchan walking to the restrooms. “I need to go too.” I whispered to Hyerin and walked off. Obviously, I was lying. I waited outside the gents for Himchan. Yes, people might think that I’m a ert or something. But you know what? I don’t care. “Stupid Himchan. You think that I don’t know?  It’s so obvious. It’s just that Yongguk and Hyerin didn’t realise it.”

 

At that moment, Himchan walked out. He walked right past me. Seriously?  I rolled my eyes, reached for his shoulder and pulled him back. He looked at me, surprised. “I know, Himchan.” “Know what?” He replied. “ You know what I’m talking about. It’s so obvious.” “Huh?” He looked at me blankly. “Idiot.” I started walking back to our table.

“Hey! Know what, Eunri?” He called out and caught up with me. “Hyerin. You like Hyerin. Don’t you?” I came to a stop. He looked down. “I-I…” He stammered. “How did you know?” “I told you it was obvious.” “But… Hyerin and Yongguk…” “ That’s because they didn’t realise. Hyerin still loves Yongguk and all so she doesn’t realise it. As for Yongguk… Myabe not yet or he chose to ignore it.” He sighed deeply. “ But there’s nothing I can do…” “Maybe. Maybe she’ll like you. But you’ll have to take the initiative. “ I said coolly. “I guess so…” He sighed again.

 

Himchan’s P.OV

“Wjat took you guys so long?” Hyerin asked as she ate her last bit of spaghetti. Talking about you. Duh. “Uhm I took a-“ ‘Stop! I don’t want to hear the details.” She covered her ears and I chuckled. Cute. “Shall we get going then? “ Yongguk asked. I nodded. “Okay. Let’s go.”

 

“Bye!” Hyerin waved to Yongguk and I.  We waved back and walked in separate ways.  “So uhm… you like Hyerin?” Yongguk asked once we are a good distance away from the girls.  “W-wjat/” “You like her, Don’t you?” “What about you, hyung?  Do you?  He shook his head. “I don’t know.” Part of me don’t feel anything anymore but the other part of me kind of like… tells me that I still love her.” So in other words… you don’t really like… love her as much anymore?” “Yeah. Something like that. …Yah! You haven’t answered me yet!” “I… I don’t” I lied through my teeth. “Really? But-“ I looked up at him with a straight face. “I don’t.” He nodded his head. “I thought you did.” “Well, know you know.” I slapped a fake smile on my face as we walked back to dorm. Obviously that was fake. Obviously I was lying. How could I not like her? 

 

Sorry for not updating for a very long time. /Hides/  I have a performance this Sunday so... Hehehehe. Plese don't hste me becuse i love you all. :> If you are feeling down... this might no exactly be those chapters to cheer you up but... /Sends virtual hugs/ I hope you feel better now ^^