Rain

Five Years Ago

Himchan’s P.O.V

“Hey, hyung.” “Hmm?” Yongguk looked up. “Uhm… About uh… Hyerin… and you, can you tell me what happened?” Yongguk put down his phone and straightened. “Why?” “I…I went over to her café today and she looked a little..sad? And we were talking and…” “Enough.” I looked at Yongguk and blinked. He did not seem mad. He looked rather calm. “H-huh?” He got up from his seat. “I don’t really want to… talk about that now.” He left the studio. Just like that.

“Where’s Yongguk going?” Zelo asked as he entered the studio with the rest. “ I thought we’re going to practice.” Jongup blinked at Yongguk’s back view until it disappeared round a corner. “So uhm… what are we going to do now?” Youngjae asked. I shrugged as Daehyun opened his mouth to speak. “Eat more cheesecake!” He exclaimed with a toothy grin. “No.” Youngjae replied and Daehyun pouted.

Yongguk’s P.O.V

Himchan was talking to Hyerin?  What did she tell him? Am i…jealous? Do I still love her? I shook those thoughts out of my head as I walked along the corridor. I stepped out of the TS building and took a deep breath before pulling my hood up. “I need a little walk, a little time to think things through.” I mumbled to myself and started strolling down the streets of Seoul.

I found myself at the park. I stood there for awhile as memories flashed through my mind. I grinned foolishly and continued walking. I did not have a destination. I just need some time to think. I just let my legs carry me to wherever my heart wanted to go… and I found myself back at the café. I stood outside and peered through the glass window. Hyerin was at the counter, brewing coffee. Some cream found its way up to her nose. She looked adorable. I chuckled softly.

Flashback

“Yah! Don’t disturb me when I’m brewing coffee! Go away!” She shouted at me and pushed me out of the kitchen. “Oh, come on.” I whined and pouted, trying to get into the kitchen again. “No. You, stay here.” She looked at me sternly. I sighed in defeat and a satisfied smile grew on her face as she scampered back into the kitchen.

After a few minutes, I glanced back at her. She was so focused on getting the cream onto the cup of coffee nicely and drawing pictures on it with chocolate syrup that she didn’t notice that there was cream on her nose. I grinned as I went over and hugged her from the back.

“Yah! Bang Yongguk!” She spun around and hit me on the chest. I chuckled and kissed the cream off her nose. “Oh look, someone’s blushing.” I sang as I looked down at her red, hot, cherry tomato face. “ Pssh. Here’s your coffee.” She slipped out of my gripped and handed the cup over. I took a sip. “Mmm this is good.” “Of course it is!  It’s made by Park Hyerin. Park Hyerin.” I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly, she attacked me. Causing me to almost stumble and fall over. “Say, Park Hyerin is the best! Say it! Say it!” She looked at me with a childish sparkle in her eyes. “No.” I grinned at her childishly and ran off.  “ Yah! Bang Yongguk! Come back here!” And we started chasing each other around the house.

End of flashback

A small smile emerged on my face as I chuckled again. Stealing another glimpse at her, I walked out of the mall and into the streets of Seoul again.

 

Your P.O.V

Kim Himchan. There was something different about this guy but I couldn’t really point it out… Shaking the thoughts out of my head, I brought my focus back on the coffee. Then, I saw someone peering through the glass window from the corner of my eye. Yongguk… He was grinning like a fool and seemed like he was thinking about something. What is he doing here? He chuckled and looked up as I looked back down at my coffee. After a few moments, I looked back up. He was gone.

“Hey. Hey. Hyerin?” “Oh… huh?” I turned my head around and looked at Eunri. “Is the coffee ready?” “Uh yeah.” I passed her the cup of coffee. “Thanks. By the way, you have cream on your nose.” She chuckled and walked off. I touched my nose with my fingertips and looked at them. I giggled and it off. That reminds me of the first time I brewed coffee for Yongguk. We ended up chasing each other around the house hahaha. The ends of my lips curled up into a smile.

“Why are you smiling like a fool?’’ Eunri came over and tapped my cheek. “ Nothing…” I took off my apron.” Come on. Time for dinner.” I said grabbing the keys and my bag. “Don’t lock me in! Wait for me!” Eunri hurriedly took her belongings and walked out of the café after me. I locked the door. “Where shall we go?” “Hmm I don’t know… What about the new restaurant nearby? Just a few blocks away.” Eunri suggested. “Okay, let’s go.’’

“The bus! Hyerin! Run!” Eunri took off. “Huh? Oh, wait for me!” I sprinted after her. Once we got on the bus, I collapsed onto a seat beside the window. “Is it a long ride?” I looked at Eunri who was panting beside me. “Uhm…Around 15 minutes or so.” I nodded. The sound of raindrops hitting on the window made me glace outside. “It’s raining.” “No worries. We have umbrellas.” Eunri who was practically lying on the seat replied. The sound of raindrops were calming yet… saddening too. That sour feeling return to my chest. Someone walking on the sidewalk caught my attention. I scrutinised at the tall, masculine figure ahead wearing a hoodie with hands stuffed inside his pocket. “Yongguk?” I whispered and hurriedly pressed the bell.

The bus pulled up at the next stop and I immediately scampered off it. “Hey Hyerin! We haven’t reached our stop yet!” Despite Eunri’s calls, I ran towards that figure. Opening my umbrella, I stepped out into the rain.

“Yongguk!” “Hyerin? Why are you here?” He looked up at me, surprised. “I… I… It’s raining! You might get sick.” I pulled him under my umbrella. He took the umbrella from my hands and held it instead. “You haven’t answered my question.” Before I could speak, Eunri came up to us. “Oh… okay. I’m hungry, let’s go.” She tugged on my shirt’s sleeve eagerly. “Uhm… Want to join us for dinner? “ I peered up at Yongguk. He tilted his head and gave me a lope-sided smile. “ Why not?”