Grey

Five Years Ago

Sorry for not updating ><  My holidays are over and i haven't done my homework. Hahahahahahahaha T.T I hate first day of schools. But surprisingly, today was alright. kekeke. Anyways, i hope yall enjoy this chapter! :)

11am. No ringing of the chimes hanging of the café doors. No brewing of a cup of Americano. No one to tell me jokes and make me laugh. No one to have an endless conversation with.

It was completely silent. No one was in the café except for well, me. No customers, no nothing. Even Eunri is out. It’s like everyone is avoiding me because I did something terrible.

So, I just sat there alone. And I started to think.

“Does Himchan hate me?” I mumbled, head resting on my hand. “He probably does.”

I heaved a sigh and pouted. By this time, I was starting to overthink. But hey, being alone and feeling really bad leads to overthinking right?

“ Even Yongguk hasn’t been talking to me. Did he find out what happened? Does he hate me too?” I puffed out my cheeks. “I hope not… But even Eunri haven’t been talking to me much. She probably thinks that I’m mean and hates me as well.”

I dropped my arms onto the counter. “I’m such a terrible person!” I ruffled my hair in frustration.

“ Hey, You alright?”

I turned around. “Eunri!” I ran and pounced on her.

“Woah…” She patted my back. “I thought you hated me too.” I said, voice a little muffled since my face was buried in her sweater.

“Why would i?” She laughed as we pulled back. “ You don’t?” I looked at her. “I don’t.”

“No?” I asked again, shaking my head. “Yeah… why?” She placed a carrier on the counter and went to put on her apron.

“Nothing.” I smiled and went back to the counter. “ Don’t lie to me.” She narrowed her eyes.  I poked my tongue out.

“ Anyways, I bought lunch.” She said, taking out food from the carrier.

“Yay! I’m famished.” I rubbed my tummy.

“ Pig…” She muttered. “ I heard that!” I yelled as I stuffed noodles into my mouth.


 

Himchan’s P.O.V.

Should I go?  I came to a stop. But it’ll be awkward. Won’t it? I stared at Hyerin’s café at a distance. I bit my bottom lip.

“Escaping reality isn’t the way out,  Himchan.” I told myself. “ I still want this friendship.”

I took a deep breath. “Just go in.” I walked towards the café. Every step taking me closer to what I’ve been avoiding.


 

“Sorry I’m late!” I called out as I swung the doors open.

Hyerin’s chopsticks froze in mid air as she turned around to face me, wide eyed.

“Himchan!” She screamed and got out of her sit. “Oh my gosh!” She ran and enveloped me in her arms.

“Hi?” I said awkwardly as she pulled back.

“You aren’t… mad at me?” Worry was written all over her face. “Nope.” I’m not angry… just sad. Maybe a little disappointed, maybe a little too sad.  I forced a smile.

“ That’s great!” She tackled me into a hug again. I wrapped my arms around her. “Wait. I’ll go brew your Americano.”  She smiled and scampered off to the counter.

“Hey…” Eunri said as I sat down across her. “You alright?”

I nodded and offered a little, small smile. No. I’m not. I’m sad…. Wait, I’m far from that.


 

I don’t even know what I’m feeling right now. I’ve never fell so deep and felt so strongly for a girl before. I feel… a little more than sad. But a little less than depressed.

 It’s like, I can’t smile. Not at all. Every laughter that comes out trails off quickly. It’s like, my sky lost all its colours. My world lost all its colours. My life is grey. I feel lifeless. Long story short, sad is just an understatement.

“Hre you go!” Hyerin’s voice tinkled. I snapped out of my thoughts in an instant. Like suddenly, the colours came back. Well… some of them.

“Thanks.” I gave her a small smile. She smiled back and returned to eating her lunch.

I turned to pick up my cup when I realised Eunri was looking at me. I smiled and nodded, signalling that I was alright. She nodded and turned her attention back to her lunch as well.

I took a sip of my Americano. I miss this taste. I peeked at Hyerin. I miss you…