Everything

Five Years Ago

“H-himchan?” Eunri bit her bottom lip. “Yeah. What about him?” She twirled her her in between her fingers. “N-no. I don’t know. Yeah. He didn’t.” She took a breath. “Okay then. Bye.”

She hung up. “Why did he call?” Hyerin asked. “I don’t know… “ Hyerin looked at Eunri.

“Okay. Fine.” Eunri gave in. “ That day, when you went out with Yongguk… An hour after you left, Himcahn came.”

“He came? What for?” “Well, we didn’t know either. Until he asked if you were in.”

“Did you…” Eunri nodded. Then she shook her head. “W-what…” “I mean, Hunshik told him. He told Himchan you went out with Yongguk.”

“He… What?” Hyerin screamed. “Oh my…” She collapsed onto the bed. “Yeah. I know. It’s bad.” Eunri replied.

“Stupid Hyunshik. First, he told Yongguk about Himcahn’s confession. Then, he told Himchan that I went out with Yongguk. Brilliant.” Hyerin said sarcastically.

“So… why did Hyunshik call you?” Hyerin sat back up. “I don’t get it.”

“This… I can’t tell you.” Eunri said. Hyerin pouted. “ You can’t do this to me!”

“Yes I can.” Eunri said firmly. “Please…” “ No.” Eunri held her ground. “Fine. I’m hungry.” Hyerin got up and scampered out of the room.

If you knew…


 

“I’ve got it all sorted out.” “Are you sure?” Eunri questioned. Hyun shik looked at them with a puzzled face.

“ Sort out what?” Eunri sighed. “You’re her brother and you do not know?” Hyunshik shook his head.  “ And I’m only a friend and I do?” Hyunshik nodded.

“Please use your brain, Mr Park.” Eunri poked Hyunshik’s head. “Uh…” Hyunshik scratched his head. “ What you’re eating for dinner today?”

“Seriously?” Eunri asked. “ I was kidding!  I’m not that stupid, okay?” Hyunshik pouted. “It’s your… feelings. Isn’t it?”

Hyerin nodded. “ Yeah.” “ Are you sure?” Hyunshik asked.

Hyerin looked at her brother. Why are they asking me the same question?

“ I guess so…” “W-what? You mean you’re not sure?” Hyerin shrugged. “You better sort it out asap, kiddo.”

“ I’m not a kid!” Hyerin screamed. Hyunshik raised his hands up. “Okay. Sorry. … woman.”

“ Well… that’s a little better.” She stood up. “ I’m going out for a walk.”


 

I really don’t know… Hyerin brushed through her hair with her fingers.

It was starting to get chillier. Autumn’s approaching.

Time flies. Earlier this year she met Yongguk for the first time in 5 years. Then, everything good went by in a whirlwind. Problems started piling up. Choices she has to make that will affect another party negatively.

She doesn’t want to. But she doesn’t have a choice. If she doesn’t make a choice soon, all three parties will get hurt. And she definitely do not want that.

 

As if knowing where to go, Hyerin’s feet came into contact with the ground again.

 

And again.

 

And again.

 

It led her here.


 

She looked up from the ground. Wait… where I’m i?  She scrutinized at the surroundings.

Why am I here?

Is this a sign?

The correct choice?

She walked forward and sat down on a bench.

How did I end up here?


 

She looked around at the familiar surroundings.

Just listen to your heart. That small voice in her head finally spoke. It’ll lead you to where you really want to be.

“Listen to my heart?” Hyerin scoffed. She was so messed up that she do not even know how she feels anymore.

“My heart?” Hyerin placed her hand on her chest. “My heart…”

She sat there, for a few hours, doing nothing but think.

“I got it.” She smiled and stood up. “I finally got it!” She grinned and left the place.


 

She has sorted it out.

She has it all sorted out.

Everything.