What's worth fighting for

Five Years Ago

Hello! Sorry for not updating hehehe. I kinda rushed this because i need to do my homework that i owe. (Whoops.)  I hope this is long and emotional enough xD Thank you yall <3 Love you!  

 

“Don’t worry. I’ll be paying for tonight.” Hyunshik said as he tied his shoelaces.

“You better. I’m not paying for anything.” I replied. “ I’ll pay okay.” Hyunshik mumbled.

Eunri chuckled.  “Immature kids.” “ Like you’re really mature!” Hyunshik and I shouted at the same time.

We looked at each other. Then burst out laughing. “Hi…five!” Hyunshik raised his hand and walked towards me while clutching his tummy.

I struggled to get up from the ground. “Hi five!” I screamed and hit his hand. “Owh!” He rubbed his palm.

I laughed louder. Eunri stood there and looked at us. “Immature kids.” She shook her head.”


 

“It’s been pretty long eh?” Yongguk flashed his gummy smile once we entered the café. “Yeah.” Hyunshik smiled and hugged him. He sat down on the seat opposite Yongguk.

‘Hi Yongguk!” I smiled and went to sit beside him. “Eunri, come on!”

She glared at me. “ Come on. Sit beside my dear brother.” I swallowed the urge to giggle. She was still glaring at me when she sat down.

“ Why do I have to sit beside him?” She mouthed. “Hmm… I don’t know.” I mouthed back. “ You’re so dead.” She muttered.


 

“ So how’s life in America?” Yongguk asked as he ate his tiramisu. Hyunshik shrugged. “Pretty god. I guess.” “ Did you get a girlfriend?”

Eunri suddenly sat straight up. “Girlfriend?’’ Hyunshik repeated. Eunri’s eyes grew wider. “No.”

Eunri sighed softly in relieved and I chuckled. “ Maybe it’s because you are unattractive.” I said.

Hyunshik glared at me. “Yah! Just because  a guy confessed to you doesn’t mean that you can treat your oppa like that!”

“Oh? Who confessed?” Yongguk asked, eyes wide open. “Uh…” Hyunshik started. “Don’t!” I yelled, making a ‘X’ sign with my arms.

“Why?” Yongguk laughed. “So who is it?” “ Oh. A guy named… Kim… Kim Himchan. I think.”

Yongguk’s smile instantly vanished. “K-kim Himchan?” He repeated.

Hyunshik nodded. “Yeah. You know him?” “Oh, just uhm my band member.”

“Oh. Wait… .” Yeah Hyunshik. .


 

Author’s P.O.V.

“ Uh…I uh…” Yongguk struggled to find the right words. “Himchan likes you?” Slapping a smile on, he turned to face Hyerin.

“ Uhm… He- yeah.” She looked down and bit her lip.

He felt a pang in his chest. It was sharp, so painful. Yet, he sat there, enduring it while plastering a smile on his face.

Maybe it was because of their history. Maybe it was because he felt sorry. Maybe it was because he felt that Hyerin didn’t trust him enough to tell him that. Maybe it was because … he still loved her.

“Well…I- Did you-“ “No.” Hyerin cut him off. That sour feeling returned to her chest. She grabbed hold of the fabric of her skirt and bit her lip harder to control her emotions.

“You mean… you rejected him?” She nodded. Yongguk scratched his head, not knowing what to say. He bit his lip and nodded his head.


 

“ This is really awkward.” Eunri mumbled. “I know right.” Hyunshik replied.

“Uhm… Why not go shopping?” Hyunshik said, breaking the solemn atmosphere. He laughed awkwardly.

“ Okay. Why not?” Yongguk replied. Hyunshik looked at Hyerin. “ Okay then.”

“ Come on. Let’s go. I’ll go settle the bill.” Hyunshik said as he made his way to the counter.


 

Hyerin heaved a sigh as they walked along the streets. Eunri swung an arm around her. “ Everything will turn out fine in the end. Don’t worry too much.” She smiled.

Hyerin returned the smile. “Let’s just use this chance to buy things and make your brother pay for it.” Eunri giggled.  “Okay!” Hyerin flashed a smile and the two off them set off into the mall.


 

“I heard what happened to you and Hyerin.” Hyunshik said as the two of them were strolling a good distance away from the girls. “Do you still love her?”

“What do you mean?” Yongguk looked up. Hyunshik shrugged and stuffed his hands in his pockets. “ Uhm… you could say that.” Yongguk said.

“I mean… that explains why im so… earlier on.” He smiled a little. “ That day, Himchan asked me the same thing. I told him it’s like part of me still do.”

“ What?” Hyunshik literally screamed. “Calm down… I was unsure of my feelings then. I mean, it’s been awhile since I saw her. Five years. I’m really messed up. I don’t know what to feel.” He sighed.

“I guess that’s why Himchan decided to tell her his feelings. If I said I still loved her, he probably wouldn’t have done that. “

“So… you’re regretting that you said you didn’t?” Hyunshik asked. Yongguk looked up and thought for awhile. “Yeah… I mean, if I sorted my feelings out earlier and told him, he wouldn’t have confessed and Hyerin wouldn’t be feeling so messed up right  now.”

He looked at Hyunshik. “I’m sorry. It’s all my fault. When I confessed to her five years ago, you told me not to hurt her and I promised. But look at what happened. I hurt her when I left five years ago, I hurt her when she saw me in the airport a few months ago… I’ve hurt her countless of times. I made things so hard for her. I left her for 5 years without even speaking to her once. I left her hanging without an answer. I made her wait. I’m so sorry.”


 

He came to a stop. He feet was rooted to the ground, he can’t move. He felt so weak. He didn’t even notice that tears were forming when he said those words.

“ Save that for Hyerin. All I know is, you helped her grow. You made her so happy, made her smile and laugh when no one could, gave her hope, courage and strength. In my eyes, you’re not a bad man who broke my sister’s heart. You are the man who shaped her. The man who taught her how to be hyappy. The man who taught her love is worth fighting for. The amn who taught her the meaning of life. For that, I thank you, Yongguk.”

He patted his shoulder. “Good luck.” He smiled and then ran to catch up with the girls.

Thank you, Hyunshik. Yongguk stood there in the middle of the street, smiling. I’m coming for you, Hyerin.