Equal

Five Years Ago

Hello! ^^  It's been a week hehehe but school so... T.T Anyways, another long chapter! (I guess. lol) I hope yall will enjoy it and there will be a little poll below so don't forget to vote! :D Silent readers, please vote too :) kekeke and leave me comments okay? xD Love yah! <3

Yongguk hummed a melodious tune softly as he exited the bathroom. He looked into the mirror as he fixed his hair. “I hope she’ll say yes…” He mumbled as he adjusted his white v-neck tee. He took one last look in the mirror, adjusted his black skinny jeans and headed out of his room.


 

“Ramen…Check!  Okay. I think that’s it.” He said as he ticked the boxbeside ‘Ramen’ on that little piece of paper he was holding.

“Hyung!  Where are you going?” Zelo grinned and jumped on Yongguk. Yongguk pushed Zelo off and glared at him.

“My hair!” He fixed it quickly. “Hyung, come on. Tell us!” Youngjae whined as Daehyun and Jongup switched their gazes from the television to their hyung.

“Out.” Yongguk replied and laughed a little. “ With a girl?” Zelo grinned again. “Is she pretty?” Youngjae joined in. Yongguk took his keys and jacket and threw youngjae a look. “Does that concern you? No? Okay bye.” He unlocked the door and stepped out.


 

Back in their dorm, in a corner of the living room, Himchan sat there concentrating on his phone. Well, until Youngjae asked that question. A girl? Hyerin? Himchan furrowed his brows and thought.

“Weird. Yongguk talked to himself.” Zelo said. Himchan snapped out of it. Where is he? Gone?  He looked around. Yeah. Gone.


 

“Remember this place?” Yongguk smiled as he opened the car door for Hyerin. Hyerin stepped out and smiled. “Of course.” “ Let’s go!” Yongguk grabbed Hyerin’s hand and started walking.

“Yongguk…” Hyerin gasped. “Do you like it?” She nodded, tears were welling up in her eyes.

It was exactly the same as that night, five years ago. That spot in the park, candles, picnic mat, picnic basket and of course, the both of them.

“Come on!” Yongguk led Hyerin to the mat and sat down. “Let me guess…” Hyerin chuckled. “Ramen again?” “You guessed it!” Yongguk laughed as he took the Ramen out.

“The stars are beautiful tonight. Aren’t they?” Yongguk asked as he turned to face Hyerin. Both of them were sitting on the mat. Hugging their knees and admiring the night sky.

Hyerin smiled and nodded. “They sure are.” “It’s abit chilly… Are you cold?” Yongguk asked gently.

“Huh?  Uh no.” “ You’re such a terrible liar.” Yongguk chuckled and shook his head. Taking off his jacket, he draped it over her shoulders. “Thanks…” She rubbed her nose.

“Uhm, Hyerin?’ “Yeah?” “Have you forgave me?” She nodded. “Uh huh.” He shifted nervously. “Can we start afresh?” She looked down, clearly shocked.

She took a deep breath and looked back up. “No.” That short reply pierced through his heart like a dagger. “Im afraid of getting hurt again, Yongguk.”

He reached and touched her right arm gently. “ I won’t ever do that again. I promise. Trust me.” She sighed. “Don’t you get it? I can’t trust you.”

Another pang.

His expression, was so painful to see. She hated seeing him like this.

“Yongguk, trust take forever to built. But just one little error, one second to break.” She shook her head. “Five years ago, what did you say? You said to trust you and that you promise. But what happened?” She struggled to keep her tears from falling. Her voice croaked. “My trust in you was broken. Sorry.”

Yongguk can’t speak, he can’t think. He just sat there, staring at her with watery eyes. “I…i-“ He wanted to say something, but stopped.

He knew she was right. He couldn’t take that pain away. But he wished he could. He wished he was the one hurting instead. “I- I’ll send you home.” He said gently.

She shook her head. “It’s alright. I’ll walk back myself.”

She needed time alone. She knows he needs it too. They needed to clear their heads, to calm down.

“Thank you for tonight, Yongguk.” With a smile, she took off his jacket and left.

Swinging her arms, she walked in the lonely streets. She could break down any moment. But she can’t and it was suffocating her. Tears were welled up in her eyes. But they just could not fall. She heaved a sigh. What do I do now? 


 

“ You don’t look alright to me.” Daehyun said. “Go away. Just let me sleep.” Yongguk groaned and pulled the blanket over his head.

“You got rejected. Didn’t you?” Yongguk suddenly sprang up. “ How do you know?”  “Uhm… I was just guessing.”

Yongguk rolled his eyes and collapsed back onto the bed. “Woah… Himchan got rejected recently too…” No wonder…

“Is it the same girl?” What? How- “No!” “ I was just kidding! Just get up and go for practice.” “Uh… So you’re the hyung now?” “ No… I- I just-“ “Whatever. Just tell them I’m feeling unwell.”

Yongguk waved him off and buried himself under his blanket.


 

“You don’t look alright to me.” Eunri played with Hyerin’s hair. “I’m fine…” “Oh really? Then you wont mind telling me what happened last night right?”

Eunri sighed. “I know what happened. I know you too well.” It’s true. Eunri knows Hyerin too well.

She’s like Hyerin’s older sister. That’s why she feels the need to protect her. But… that’s nothing she could do now. No, not at that moment. And it’s hurting her too.

“Sometimes… you have to let go of your past. Only when you do, you can move on and continue with life. “ Eunri held on to Hyerin’s hand. “ Sometimes you just have to throw everything aside and continue walking. Even if it’s hard. We have to be strong.”

Hyerin’s eyes watered. “But I don’t want to be strong.” A tear slid down her cheek.” It’s so hard to be stronger. The stronger you are, the more you’ll get hurt when you fall. And when you break down… I- I just want to forget everything.”

Hyerin rested her head on Eunri’s shoulder. “Go ahead. Let it all out.” Eunri patted Hyerin’s back.” I’m here for you. So is Hyunshik. Just take a break.” Her top was soaked.


 

The house was silent. Completely silent. Other than the faint sound of sniffing. And he is watching. It broke his heart.

He brought his palm to his chest. “Hyerin…” He whispered as he looked at the scene in the living room behind his bedroom door.

I’m so sorry. He shook his head. I’m sorry that can’t help you. I’m sorry that oppa can’t ake that pain away. But I’ll try, Hyerin. I’ll try.

 

So... who will you vote for? :D