Everyone but her

Five Years Ago

Her feet came into contact with the tiled floor again. She stopped suddenly.

"Himchan?" She called out.

The man lifted up his head. Hyerin? What is she doing here? 

He stood up as the woman ran towards him. 

"Where's Yongguk?" She asked. His heart immediately sank. 

" He's still inside with the rest," He replied. "Thank you," She whispered, smiled and disappeared down the corridor.

He heaved a sigh. He ran a finger along the bandage at the side of his face. 

Did she not notice?

Another sigh escaped his lips. 

 

"Himchan?" The man looked up again. " Are you alright?" 

He offered a weak smile and nodded. "I'm fine." 

Eunri eyed the bandage. "I'm really fine," He repeated.

Even Eunri noticed.

She nodded and sat down beside him. 

"Where's Hyerin?" Hyunshik asked and plopped down beside Eunri. "You alright?" 

Even Hyunshik. 

He nodded. "Yeah. She went to look for Yongguk."

Hyunshik nodded. " She must be worried sick." 

Himchan nodded slowly. "Yeah... I guess so."


 

"Daehyun?" " Hyerin!" The younger boy exclaimed. 

" Yongguk's inside," Jongup said, knowing that she'll probably ask about him.

" I'll wait here with you guys." The two boys nodded and Hyerin took a seat on one of the chairs.

The door creaked open. She looked up. "Oh. Zelo. Are you okay?" 

Zelo nodded. " I'm fine. Yongguk's fine too. You need not worry." 

"Thank you," She smiled and placed a hand across her chest. 

 

The door creaked open again. This time, Youngjae and Yongguk stepped out. 

"Hyerin?" The woman looked up. She got on her feet and ran into his embrace.

"What are you doing here?" " I got a phone call that you guys got into an accident on the way to the airport... I was so worried i-" She was on the verge of crying.

He shushed her. " I'm fine. Everyone's fine." She nodded and tightened her hug. 

He her head gently. " Come on. Let's go find Himchan." 


 

" Thank goodness you guys are fine." Eunri patted her chest. 

Yongguk gave her a small smile and nodded while Hyerin's tiny hands with his thumb. 

" Hyerin was worried sick. Her whole face turned white when she received that phone call," Hyunshik said. "I'm so sorry..." Yongguk sighed.

" What happened anayway?" Hyunshik asked. "Oh. Nothing really. Just a small accident." " Nothing?" Hyerin almost screamed. "Nothing?" She repeated.

Yongguk wrapped his arm around her small waist. "Sorry, baby." He planted a kiss on her forehead gently. Hyerin sighed. ' You guys need some rest." 


 

Himchan looked at Yongguk's strong arms wrapped around her waist.

He felt a pang.

Then, he saw that kiss planted on her forehead.

Another pang.

He watches as the slowly move further and further away. He stood there, not moving.

 

" Hyung!" Zelo called out. "Come on." He placed a palm behind his back and began pushing him.

" I can walk by myself, Zelo. Let's go." He pushed the thoughts back into a corner of his mind and walked out with the younger boy.