Making the move

Five Years Ago

Himchan’s P.OV.

Maybe Eunri’s right…I sighed and got up from my bed. I got out of my room and saw someone sitting on the couch in the living room watching TV. “Daehyun?”  I called out. “Ah, Hyung! Aren’t you asleep yet?” He asked as I sat down beside him. “ Shouldn’t I be the one asking you that?” He chuckled and scratched the back of his neck.

 “ Hey uhm… can I ask you something?” He hummed as a response, eyes still focused on the television screen. “ So if… if,” I emphasized on ‘if’. “If you fall for a girl that was once your friend’s girlfriend… what will you do?” “Ask her out. Duh.” He replied, eyes not leaving the television screen. “But… what if… she maybe uhm… still likes him?”

He turned to face me. “Ooooooh hyung likes someone?” He grinned at me. “Just answer me, you little brat.” He rubbed his chin. “I guess I’ll still confess. Since it’s only a possibility that she still likes him…” I smiled. “Thanks.” I got up, ready to head back to my room.

“Hyung, wait.” I turned around. “But if she really still loves him… confessing to her might just blow up everything. Just try to get to know her more and hang out first. Because maybe she’ll you know…” I smiled again. “Thanks Daehyun.” I ruffled his hair. “Yah!” He frowned at me. I laughed. “Go to sleep.” “Okay… After I finish this drama.” His attention went back to the TV.

I walked back to my room and lay down on my bed. Ask her out? Confess? I sighed. What to do?

 

Author’s P.O.V.

Hyerin looked up to the clock on the wall. 11pm. A small smile emerged on her face as the chimes on the café door rang. “I know, Himchan.” Hyerin said. “An Americano coming right up!” He laughed and took a sit. “Hi Himchan!” Eunri greeted. He smiled and waved at her. 

“Here you go.” Hyerin set the cup down in front of him. He took a sip. “Uhm Do you wanna have… lunch with me tomorrow? It’s Saturday and BAP is on a break during the weekend.” Eunri looked up upon hearing that sentence. You go, Himchan!  She silently cheered him on from behind the counter.

“Yeah. Why not?” Hyerin flashed her usual dazzling smile that never fails to blow Himchan away. He looked down and ginned widely. Thanks Eunri. Yes! Then, he looked up. “I’ll pick you up. Uhm… 12 noon?” “Wait…” She started. “Yeah. I know. Text me your address okay?” He grinned.

“Can I go too?” Eunri jumped into the conversation, screaming from behind the counter since there was no one except for the three of them in the café. “No.” Himchan replied. She sulked and hit the counter top. “No fair!” Hyerin laughed. “You can come.” “Yes!” Eunri threw her hands in the air.

“ No! It’s our lunch date. Go away, Eunri.” Himchan said. “Ouch.”Eunri placed her palms across her chest and pretended to cry. “I wouldn’t want to play gooseberry either. Have fun!” She cracked a goofy smile. Hyerin looked at her lap and laughed.

While she wasn’t looking, Eunri gave a thumbs up to Himchan. He gave her a big smile and mouthed ‘thank you’ which Eunri nodded in response. “Remember. I’ll pick you up. Saturday, 12 noon. Text me your address alright?” Himchan smiled as he got up from his seat. Hyerin gave him an ‘okay’ sign and waved as he walked out of the café

 

Your P.O.V.

“Lunch date with Himchan eh?” Eunri said teasingly and nudged me. “Shut up.” I replied and grinned as I continued drying the cups. “Hmmmm does Yongguk know?” I looked at her. “Why does he have to know?” “He’ll get jealous maybe?” She said as she walked over to the other side of the counter. “Why would he be?” I laughed. She shrugged. “I don’t know. … Maybe he still likes you?” Nonsense… I coughed. “What…” Eunri shrugged again. “ You better shut up.” I warned her. She clamped shut and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes. Idiot…