Home

Five Years Ago

“Welcome home.” The air stewardess smiled as I walked out of the plane. I smiled back and walked briskly to get my luggage. My phone started vibrating continuously as soon as I switched off my airplane mode. “Hey Eunri, did you have to-“ “Hyerin! Do you know how worried I was?! Why didn’t you call? Huh? Why?” Eunri shouted into the phone. “My flight was delayed.” I yawned. “Oh… uh… okay. Come home quickly and get some rest alright? The long flight from America really tired you out.” “Okay.” I hung up, I rubbed my eyes and walked sleepily out of the arrival hall. “Ah! Oppa! Omg!” Piercing screams filled the air as girls started running towards the arrival hall. What the… The guards stopped them as I slipped out. “Alright. Don’t push. Be careful alright?” I heard a familiar deep, husky voice. Could it be… I turned my head towards the direction of the voice and saw six boys surrounded by screaming girls. It couldn’t be… That one holding a tigger plushie. It looks exactly like the one I gave him 5 years ago… I stared at him. No Hyerin, you’re thinking too much. This is probably just another boy group. I looked down and dragged my luggage along as I headed to the taxi stand. “Ouch!”I bumped into something or someone. “Are you alright?” That deep husky voice again. I refused to look up. “Uhm yeah.” Before I could scurry away, he tilted my head up. “H-Hyerin?” His eyes widened. “!” I grabbed my luggage and rushed out. I looked back. He was looking at me with wide eyed, mouth agaped. Unable to follow because of the fans crowding around him. Thank you fangirls phew. I hurriedly climbed into the taxi. Yongguk… Is it really him?

I was in deep thought that I didn’t realise that I had already reached home. I snapped out of my daze, paid the cabbie and dragged my luggage in. “Hyerin! Welcome home!”Eunri pounced on me once I stepped into the house. “How’s you parents in America?” “They’re doing well. And my brother too.”I said before she could ask how was he. I know that she has a liking for my brother although she kept denying it. She blinked at me. “How did you know I was going to ask that?” “It’s obvious. Every time I come back from America, you’ll ask about him. You like him.” “No I don’t!” “Whatever you say.”I shrugged and Eunri helped me unpack my luggage.

“You look… really distracted. Are you alright?”Eunri asked while we were unpacking my clothes. I nodded my head and continued unpacking. “Tell me.””Tell you what?” ”What happened, Hyerin? “ “Nothing…”I looked down. “Hyerin…”I sighed. “I think I saw Yongguk today. At the airport. I think he is famous.” ”That jerk?” I nodded quietly. “Hyerin, you know, he is in this boy group called B.A.P and they are doing pretty well in the entertainment industry.” “What? Why didn’t you tell me?” “You were in America and I didn’t want you to think to mush about it.”I nodded and sighed again. “Anyways, it’s over between us. I…I don’t- It doesn’t matter to me anymore.”Eunri kept quiet foe awhile. “ I know you still cant let go of him. It’s been 5 years and he hasn’t contacted you since that day. Why do you still care?” “I… I don’t know…”I shook my head as tears started to form. “I think… I still…love him.”I clutched my chest. So… so…sour… Eunri patted my back softly.”Leave the rest of the unpacking to me and go wash up. Have an early night. It has been a long day for you.”I got up and headed to the bathroom.

I the shower and let the warm water run. Yongguk…

Flashback

5 years ago… It was our second year together. I sat the café as I waited for him to get something from his house. I swung my legs and hummed a happy tune. “I wonder what Yongguk oppa has planned for me today.” I said softly and giggled. Then, I felt a pair of strong arms around my waist. “Are you ready to go?” I smiled and turned around to peck him softly on the lips. “Let’s go!” He took my hand and walked off to wherever he was going to bring me. “Now, I need you to close your eyes.” He said gently. I covered my eyes with my hands and peeped through the gaps in between my fingers. “Yah! No peeping!” He shouted. He chuckled and went behind me and placed his hands over mine. “Oppa, I cant see anything.” “ That’s the point. Now walk slowly. Be careful alright.” I took small and careful steps until he said stop. He removed his hands revealing a beautiful sight. It was the park where he asked me out. It was lit by thousands of candles that led to a picnic mat. “Come on.” He took my hand and dragged me to the picnic mat. “I made you dinner.”He said as he took something out from the picnic basket. “Ramen? Yongguk…” He chuckled. “It’s my favourite. Try it. It’s really good. Open your mouth. Ahhhh..” I opened my mouth and he fed me ramen. “Mmmmmm.” “See I told you it was good.”After we finished our dinner,  we lay down on the mat, looking up at the night sky glittering with stars. “Hyerin?” “Hmm?” “I’ve got something to tell you.” “What is it?” “ After we graduate next year, I’ll be leaving for awhile.” “Why?” I looked up at his flawless face. He looked down and caressed my cheek. “To pursue my dreams, baby.” “That’s good. I’ll support you.” I smiled at him. “Thank you, baby.” He leaned down and gave me a passionate kiss. I kissed him back and pulled away. He looked into my eyes. “You’ll wait for me. Right?” “Of course oppa.” I rested my head on his chest. He my hair gently. “I’ll be back. I promise. Trust me.” I nodded my head and tilted my head up to kiss his lips soflty. “ I love you, oppa.” “I love you too, Hyerin.”

End of flashback

Liar… I started sobbing. Thankfully the sound of running water covered the sounds of me crying. Or else, Eunri will come barging in. I turned off the shower, got dressed and steeped out. “I’ve done packing! Let’s rest now.” I nodded and climbed into bed.  I miss you… I love you… oppa.