Up On The Rooftop

What Happens When Three Worlds Come Together?

Leeteuk woke up later on the floor, feeling drowsy. He rubbed his head and thought, " I must've fallen asleep and fell off my bed. Oh, gosh...I'm hungry and it's only 7:45 PM. ".

He rubbed his growling stomach and got up groggily. He dragged himself lazily to the pantry and looked for something, even a biscuit to munch on. His eyes travelled through every corner of the fridge and he found a chocolate muffin inside.

" Ooh, goody! Something to nibble on at last! ", Leeteuk thought in delight. He took the muffin out and sat on the couch and started eating.

--------

Kyuhyun woke up to the soft sounds of munching. He tiptoed outside and saw Leeteuk eating something.

He asked curiously, " What are you doing, hyung? ".  Leeteuk almost choked on his snack and coughed.

Finally, he answered with watery eyes( he choked, remember? ) and a strained voice, " Eating a--cough!--choc--gag!--chocolate muffin--ack! ", as Kyuhyun patted his back.

Kyuhyun said, " Why don't I cook, Teukie hyung? I'm sure I can whip up a meal. ".  Leeteuk turned and looked at him with a grateful smile plastered on his face.

" Good idea, Kyu! Thanks! ", Leetuk smiled as he plopped himself on the couch to watch TV.

--------

Dong Woon awoke to the noise of frying and clattering. He woke up and saw Leeteuk eating a muffin and watching TV, while lazing on the couch.

He said, " Hi. ", to him brightly.

Leeteuk smiled and answered cheerfully, " Hi, Dong Woon! ".

" Who's cooking? ", Dong Woon asked as he plopped down next to Leeteuk.

" Kyuhyun is. ", Leeteuk smiled as the two of them watched the Wonder Girls singing ' Nobody ' together on TV.

--------

" Food's ready! ", Kyuhyun called out, just as the rest of the guys came out, looking sleepy. On the table, a meal of kimchi fried rice and banchan was on the table.

" Oh, goodie! Something to eat at last! ", Yoseob squealed like a little boy as he scooted up to the table.

Eunhyuk cheekily, " Are you that desperate to eat, Yoseob? ".  Yoseob grinned sheepishly and nodded his head.

--------

After dinner, Donghae, Kyuhyun and Doo Joon washed the plates and cutlery, while the rest watched a football game on TV. Yoseob noticed Eunhyuk slip into the bedroom. He followed Eunhyuk and saw him climb out the window...

HUH??!! WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT, WAIT RIGHT THERE!!! OUT THE WINDOW!!?? Yep, out the window and onto the roof. Yoseob gasped and looked out the window. He saw Eunhyuk climb up like a spider and disappeared onto the roof quietly.

Yoseob wanted to find out where Eunhyuk was going on the roof. So, swallowing his fear, he gingerly climbed onto the window ledge. He looked down in fear. YIKES!!! He was at least 25 feet above the ground!

Yoseob thought, " Aaah!! I'm up so high!! Oh, my god!! ".  As he tried to reach for another window ledge to get to the roof, his foot slipped and he fell.  " AAAAAAHHH!!! ".

--------

" AAAAAAAHHH!!! ", Yoseob screamed in fright as he started to fall. But before he could fall any further, a strong hand grabbed his wrist. Yoseob looked up. It was Eunhyuk!

" What were you thinking, Yoseob? ", Eunhyuk asked as he pulled Yoseob to the safety of the roof.

Yoseob said, " I wanted to join you up here. May I? ".

Eunhyuk smiled and said, " Sure. ".

Yoseob looked at the scenery in front of his eyes. There were trees and twinkling stars with the hauntingly beautiful chirps of the crickets breaking the deathly silence of the silent, cold night air.

Yoseob shivered as he rubbed his arms vigorously to warm himself. Eunhyuk noticed this and asked him, " Cold? ".

Yoseob just nodded as his teeth chattered. Eunhyuk smiled as he hugged Yoseob to keep him warm.

Yoseob felt a brotherly kind of love surge through his body and warm his cold nerves. The surge reminded him of the brotherly love he has with Leeteuk, Yesung, Shindong, Kyuhyun, Kibum and Doo Joon, but this one seemed more mysterious. It felt warm, but scarred in a weird, mysterious way....

Yoseob turned to Eunhyuk and smiled as he asked him rather shyly, " Eunhyuk, may I call you Hyukkie? ".

Eunhyuk smiled and answered gently, " Sure, Seobie. ".

Yoseob giggled when he heard his nickname and fell asleep in Eunhyuk's hug.

Eunhyuk looked at Yoseob who was snoring quietly in his arms. Yoseob was like a younger brother to him, his face reminded him of a special someone he sacrificed himself for...

" Why ", he thought, " why does Yoseob remind me of that special someone I sacrificed myself for so much that it hurts my heart...? But,...he left me and betrayed us...He left...Why, that traitor...! No, no, no...Don't remember that now. That was years ago...".

Balancing a sleeping Yoseob on his back, they cautiously entered the room as quiet as mice. He looked around cautiously.

" Good. No one's here. ", he thought relieved. Eunhyuk carried Yoseob to the bed and tucked him in again. Eunhyuk leaned over Yoseob and stared at his quiet, serene face.

" Ahh, Yoseob-ah? Why do you remind me of that someone I know...? But, he betrayed our trust...he left us...he left...me...why...? No, no...I...musn't...remember that painful...memory...now...it was years ago...Seobie...", he thought and he walked out of the bedroom into the living room to join the others.