Mystery

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The staring sun is creating trails of sweat down from Mina’s forehead to her chin. She is still being punished outside of class after the teacher caught her dancing randomly with her friends at the back of the class. Naturally, as it happened before, she is the only one who received the punishment because the teacher had already known that she was the mastermind of all things random.

Fifteen minutes passed and in another five minutes the bell will rings to signal a break time. She cursed her friends under her breath for making her excited over her birthday tomorrow. She is finally reaching the age where she could drive around the city and she could not be anymore excited.

She is the youngest among her classmates and now she is the only one who does not own a driving license. Embarrassing, she thought, and she vowed to quickly take her driving test to brag about it at school.

Like a heaven’s choir, the bells rings beautifully in her ears, a sign that her punishment has ended and she can have fun with her friends once again.

“Ppali!!!” ChaeRin rushes over MiNa and smack her in the head before running with all her might towards the cafeteria.

Laughing with the usual cheerful antics of her best friend, she chases after her into the crowded cafetaria.

The cafeteria had already filled with students, therefore, to avoid the crowd, ChaeRin and Mina chose a table in the area outside the cafeteria with trees and shrubs surrounding it, covering them from the heat. Their school is famous for its age as it was build hunderds of years ago but it is still able to maintain its top condition. Giving the age of the school, everything in its ground is almost ancient. The trees are tall and big with some of its roots popping out of the soil. The shrubs is thick and high, and if it doesn't trimmed properly, it could've cover the whole building. The towering plants gives much sheltering during summer, despite the eeriness it creates during night time.

“Oh God, you have no idea how much I forked my eyeballs just to stay awake in that class” ChaeRin sighs as she plop her head on the table with her chin resting on the surface and her hands dangling lifelessly on her sides.

Mina chuckle, “You should’ve take my punishment then instead of being all innocent and precious when Mr. Kang called us out”

ChaeRin shivers, “and risking my beautiful milky skin under the scorching sun?! uh-uh I don’t think so”

“And yet here we are sitting under the sun” Mina points out sarcastically.

“This one is different! It’s called enjoying the nature!”

A large thud makes them turn their head to the side and see Bom is smiling sheepishly as she prepares to sit next to Mina.

“Annyeong!” She greets before she devours the food on her tray and ignore the two girls completely.

“How’s your class?” ChaeRin sits up straight and asks Bom.

“Meh, the usual… Singing” Bom answers nonchalantly with corn stuck on her teeth.

“Corn. Teeth” Mina points her own teeth to show Bom where to dig and she complies quickly.

“I should’ve taken some arts too…” ChaeRin sighs and return to her lifeless position.

“You’re doing design class! Stop whining!” Mina slaps ChaeRin’s shoulder but she still insists on her misery.

“It’s your fault, Mina-ah… Why the heck did I agreed on taking that fantasy class” She scoffs.

“Greek Mythology” Mina corrects ChaeRin in which she only replies with a sneer.

“I still don’t know why my mom insisted on me taking that class… Seriously, I would blow my head up again if I hear another weird name coming out of Mr. Kim’s mouth” Mina complains.

“What name?” Minzy, the youngest sits next to the lifeless ChaeRin with a bright expression.

“Nothing” Mina answer weakly and copy ChaeRin with her lifeless position.

Mina met ChaeRin, Bom and Minzy on the first day of their junior high. They were all freshmen and are eager to find friends. It was as if heavens align the stars perfectly, they were assigned to the same class and like magnet, and they clicked instantly. They shared most of their years together and become closer than most siblings.

It wasn’t until High School that they added another person into their group; Sandara, a transferred student from Philippines. Sandara is incredibly pretty that ChaeRin felt the need to get to know her because she planned on having Dara as her model if she wanted to pursue designing. Again, heavens work it’s magic and from then on, the five of them are inseparable.

This year is their last year of high school and they had to take classes that are guiding them towards the course of their choice. Bom, the woman with incredible voice, opted to focus her subjects on music. Minzy, the whizz kid from GwangJu, chose science subjects as she aimed to be a biologist or a marine expert. Dara, the woman with a dream of minimizing cultural differences, chose language subjects to help her aim for her dream of being an Embassy. Chae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter