Ruined

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD is gripping tightly the innocent oak tree in front of him to refrain himself from barging into the restaurant and grabs Mina out. The boys are all hanging on the branches of the old tree, watching GD from above the ground with amusement. The boys have no clue of the reason behind GD’s fascination towards Mina’s date. They have all had missions that forced them to follow people around, invading their privacy, including watching them as they date. But GD had never been this serious in any of the previous missions.

 

They’ve been hanging around the restaurant for half an hour after they’ve checked the perimeters for any danger. The area seems innocent enough, nothing out of the ordinary. But GD insisted that they had to stay, simply because he assumes that the enemies are among the patrons within the restaurant. He even stubbornly stated that the enemy was Mina’s date before VI dumped a handful of dead leaves onto his head to ‘wake him up’.

 

“What is he doing now?” DL asks as he watches GD stares deadly towards the restaurant.

 

“How the heck should I know? I think those Ophiotauruses placed some magic potion onto him or something yesterday” VI comments as he gather leaves for his head to rest on.

 

“I think he’s intrigued by her” Sol comments as he watches his best friend below. “He never had anyone protected him before, no one except us, his sworn brothers. This is the first time another being selflessly risked her life to save his. He’s fascinated by that”

 

“So why does he looks like he’s about to murder someone?” DL places his chin on his two palms with his elbow resting on his thigh.

 

“I think he’s just worried that the guy might hurt Mina. He owes her his life now” TOP answers as he closes his eyes, preparing for a quick nap.

 

GD on the other hand, ignores all of the chatter that happens above him. He hears everything that the boys say but he is rather focus his attention on the movement of the that sits in front of Mina, than answering the chatty boys above him. He was controlling Mina’s date’s hand when Mina snaps her eyes outside, scanning.

 

GD feels his body tenses, contemplating whether or not he should hide. But he’s a warrior. He shouldn’t hide. He never hid himself from any enemies that he had encounter, so why should he hide from a clueless descendent that knows nothing of her power? So he decides to make himself noticeable, at least for Mina.

 

The moment their eyes met, GD feels that tingly sensation all over his chest again, just like it has been for a while now every time his eyes catches hers. He was about to drop his control over her date when she snaps her eyes away from him arrogantly. It angers him how she looks nonchalant about his presence. ‘Doesn’t she feel the need to approach me now that she knows I’m here?!’ He hisses.

 

He is now fumed up by Mina’s indifference that he starts to see red. He no longer listens to the chatter of the boys for his attention is all on Mina and her date. His mind is pondering hard on what he should do next to her date to ruin their night that he doesn’t notice his surrounding.

 

“Errr…” VI is the first who notices that one of the branches starts to move by itself soundlessly.

 

The branch that positioned right on top of GD slowly lowers itself, swaying behind him without him noticing. It slithers in the air, as if it dances, mocking GD behind his back. But GD doesn’t notice it for he is too engrossed in his little game, though his comrade watches from above in fear.

 

“GD!” VI calls the leader to warn him, but the latter ignores him, too focused on the couple inside the restaurant.

 

“Ya GD!!” VI calls louder but GD ignores him again, thinking that it is one of those times where VI is searching for his attention. He is in no mood to play with VI, he is now in the mood for some full scale destruction.

 

“YAA GD!!!” The boys ultimately let out a loud yell together as they notice the tree branch is getting dangerously close.

 

Annoyed, GD finally turns his head around, “Wha--”

 

It was too late. Just as he turns, the branch lands a beautiful slap onto GD’s forehead, creating a loud crack  sound that echoes through the garden, making the rest of the boys wince in empathy. GD freezes in shock and pure pain, with his eyes open wide and his mouth agape, while the branch slithers itself back to its post innocently. The slap has left a long horizontal red mark across GD’s forehead. The sight is too comical that the boys had to in their breath to stop themselves from laughing.

 

“Dude…” Sol speaks in between his snickers, “What did you do to her?”

 

GD snaps his mouth close and begin to breath loudly, showing his bubbling rage. His nostrils expands and his chest rises up and down with every breath he lets out. In a second he immediately turns around again and there he sees her, smirking as she stares back at him.

 

‘Oh you just declared war, little girl’ GD thought and with that his control shifts.

 

Mina high-fives herself in her head after seeing how the tree just literally slapped GD on the forehead. She doesn’t know how to use her power but somehow she found out that if she ‘talks’ to the tree, it would do what she told it to do. All she has to do is focusing her mind and voila! the tree will be under her spell, like magic.

 

She couldn’t help to let out a snicker.

 

“Anything funny?” Junhyung looks at her with his eyebrows crease.

 

“Oh, nothing” She smiles; finally feeling relieved after her little revenge. She picks up her wine glass and leans it towards Junhyung, offering him to make a cheer.

 

Junhyung smiles back and picks up his glass carefully, not wanting to spill another drop of the expensive wine. However, as Junhyung’s glass getting nearer, Mina suddenly feels the lost of control on her hand that is holding the wine. Fear envelops her and she snaps her eyes out the window. There she sees him, smirking evilly back at her.

 

Just as she predicted, her hand moves by itself and before she could stop it, it pours the red wine all over her lime green dress.

 

“Oh my God!!” Junhyung screams as Mina snaps back to reality and stare at her messed dress.

 

‘! Did he just poured wine all over me?!’ Mina curses in her head while picturing herself cutting GD’s throat slowly and painfully.

 

Junhyung immediately grabs his napkins and run to Mina’s side. While Mina is frozen in her seat, with her eyes staring at her dirty dress in shock, Junhyung kneels next to her and begin to dab her dress. He cleans the wine that splattered on her neck down to her chest carefully. He pats her collarbone and her neck, trying to clean the wine from her.

 

GD hadn’t think this through. He didn’t expect that this would happen. Yes, he wants to embarrass Mina the way she embarrassed him in front of his comrades, but he didn’t expect that Junhyung would do such intimate thing to her. ‘What the is that doing?! Is he touching her ?! What the hell?!’ The tree that he is holding cracks from his intense grip.

 

GD’s control shifts and in an instant, Mina regains her hand but Junhyung suddenly wipes his own face instead, using the dirty napkin he had used to clean Mina’s dress earlier.

 

“Wha-a-at’s going on?!” Junhyung stutters as his own hand wipes his face roughly.

 

‘GD!!!!’ Mina wants to scream but she holds it in and tends Junhyung in panic. Every patrons are starting to watch and whispers as she tries to hold on to Junhyung's hand to stop it from wiping but his strength is too much for Mina that she fails. She is boiling in anger and she knows who's going to pay for all of this. The name GD has already etched with blood on her hit-list.

 

Just as GD prepares for another attack towards Mina’s date, a thick big branch from the oak tree zoom towards him and whack him right at the back of his head, making him tumbling forward into unconsciousness towards the grass in front of him. The hit was so quick and hard that the boys had no time to warn him and flinch by the loud noise it made.

 

Junhyung’s hand stops almost immediately. They both panting from the shocking event but M

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter