Deal

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chaerin nudges Mina's back but she stays rooted. Hands hanging in the air and her weight is on her front foot, preparing to bolt but unable to as her muscle locked in place. Mina's eyes, the only thing that can move, wander around trying to find the culprit but the lack of movement on her neck makes it hard to scan the area.

"Ya! You're scaring me!" Chaerin moves to Mina's side, studying her rigid fixture.

"Annyeonghaseyo" a chirpy sound approaches from behind.

Chaerin turns, surprised. "Ah, annyeonghaseyo"

Five men, looking crisp with their medieval robe and their striking good looks, walking towards the two girls with much confidence and composure as if they're walking for the Paris Fashion Week. People can't help but to stare at the God-like men but they pass them as if the people don't exist.

Mina growls. Even though she can't see, she can feel the approaching people. If his chirpy voice didn't give away, the chill that travels down her spine is already telling her of their presence.

"I'm VI!" The short haired man grabs Chaerin hand suddenly, making her jerks forward.

"Ah? Ah... Err…. Yeah... I'm Chaerin" She says, trying to find back her balance.

His cheerfulness looks odd in comparison to the rest of his gang who have their faces scrunched up or simply shows no emotion at all. The tallest of them all look uninterested while the one with the one-sided long hair looks intently at Mina’s rigid back.

"GD" Mina snarls, knowing fully well who is responsible of her current state.

"Ne?" GD tilts his head to the side as if trying to listen to what she said.

"You know each other?" Chaerin points at the boys and back at Mina's frigid back. Mina still hasn't found the control over her body.

"Yeah, we're her long lost friends" Sol answers casually, making it sounds believable.

"Wow. I didn't know you found five childhood friends, Mina" Chaerin nudges Mina's arm, still oblivious to what is truly happening around her.

“I didn’t” Mina snaps harshly but it looks quiet weird because her body shows no sign of anger.

GD chuckles at the sight and just like that, Mina's control comes back. Her body slumps forward as soon as GD breaks his power over her. As if she had been going through a marathon, her whole muscle aches. She grunts by the sudden fatigue she felt all over her body. It’s the after affect of GD’s power.

Mina immediately turns to confront the men but when she sees the confusion in Chaerin’s eyes, she withdraws her hostility. Mina doesn’t want Chaerin to know about this because she knows that there are only two outcomes if Chaerin finds out. She would be either scared out of her wits or simply dissed her absurd story. Either way, Chaerin might end up leaving her.

“Annyeong, Mina…” DL greets but as soon as Mina’s eyes flaring with anger, he adds timidly, “…Ssi”

“What are you guys doing here?” Mina conceals her unfriendliness with a forced smile.

“We made a plan to meet today” VI answers, still smiling despite Mina’s fume.

“You did? I thought you said you have to go home quickly?” Chaerin turns to Mina with questionable look.

Mina shakes her head, “I didn’t. They just assumed I did”

“It’s not really an option” GD chimes.

“It is and I’m leaving” Mina declares before she start to turn on her heel.

“GD will stop you” VI warns. A hint of cheekiness can be heard in his tone.

Mina stops as soon as she hears VI’s warning and turn back to face the boys. She is not planning to be frozen helplessly for the second time today. Chaerin is on the side, looking alternatingly at the glaring Mina and the five dashing men. Silently, Chaerin curse Mina for hiding such beautiful men from her all this time. If Chaerin knows that Mina has a collection of gorgeous men like this, she wouldn’t be single.

“So…” Sol starts awkwardly. He is the one with the brain and he knows that making a Mina angry wouldn’t help their case.

“What is it that you guys are planning to do this afternoon?” Chaerin interrupts.

“Oh, just catching up” VI replies beamingly, making Chaerin’s heart beat races.

“Can I come?” Chaerin replies. Hanging out with five hot boys? This must be her lucky day!

“NO!” Mina shrieks.

Chaerin quickly glares at her best friend. She thinks that Mina is too selfish if she wouldn’t share the hot boys with her best friend. There are five of them, for God’s sake! Chaerin wouldn’t mind to take two of them while Mina can have the other three.

“Chaerin, you really can’t” Mina pleads.

“Why? I don’t have anything planned out today” Chaerin insists.

“Yeah, why can’t she?” GD’s eyes flicker in mischief.

“See? They don’t mind!” Chaerin gets excited by the back up she gets from the boys.

“No!” Mina yelps, “Please…”

Mina wants to run away as far as possible, not wanting to be associated with the madness. Now that Chaerin doesn’t seem to grasps her pleads, it only stresses her out even more. Mina knows that right now Chaerin only uses her hormones to make the decision but she is desperate to send warning to her.

Chaerin sees fear and pure worry shining from Mina’s eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter