Feelings

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Every eyes turn to the unfamiliar voice and Sol instantly feels the burn radiating from GD. Junhyung stands a few meters away from the group, looking innocent enough as if he just arrived at the scene. DL quickly brushes dirt of his soiled suit and stands while VI and TOP takes a step back.

"Junhyung oppa!" Mina yelps. She is suddenly very much aware of her clothes and her hair. Everything is messy, not the way it's supposed to be when she's facing her one true destiny.

"Hi" Junhyung says weakly as he walks slowly towards Mina while eyeing the other five men. "I was just calling you. I went to your house but you weren't home so I was worried"

"You were?" Mina's eyes are shooting love beams as she smiles cutely. The once dominating, ever so powerful Gaia's descendant is no longer there. She turns into this helpless little kitten instead.

"What's going on? Are you okay? Are you hurt?" Junhyung bombards her as he comes close enough to notice the state of her and her ragged clothes. He shoots accusing glare at the five men.

"I'm okay, oppa" Mina answers softly, while smiling innocently.

"Who are you?" Junhyung turns and finally addresses the five men that surrounds her.

"We're her friends" GD steps forward with fire dancing in his eyes. His voice is somehow deeper and colder.

"I never met any of you. Which school do you go to?" Junhyung stands taller, making sure that the boys know that he is the oldest among this group.

"They're... they're... they're from overseas, oppa! They're only visiting! They're my primary school friends" Mina stammers, not wanting Junhyung to get the wrong idea about her hanging out with five random men.

"Primary school friends? Funny how you still keep contact after all the years" Junhyung says, making it clear that he doesn't believe a word of that theory.

"Of course we do" GD answers. "I'm her first love after all"

DL and VI choked from non existing water, Sol has his eyes jump out of his skull, and TOP has his jaw roll down to the ground. Nobody expected that coming out of the leader's mouth, especially Mina.

"Excuse--" She could not finish her angry rebuttals for suddenly closes with force.

"You were her first love?" Junhyung asks, emphasising the notion that if it was any of the other boys, he might've believed him.

"Yes. It's not so hard to believe" GD answers confidently.

Junhyung chuckles quietly, "No. But it seems that her taste has changed dramatically after all those years"

"Mmph... mmmph" Mina tries to fight but her body would not budge.

Junhyung notices Mina standing rigidly and sighs, "let me take you home, Mina"

"I'm taking her home" GD announces and instantly Junhyung's eyes rolls trying to contain his annoyance.

"Hey, kid. Back off. I can be very unforgiving" Junhyung finally says with threat, his eyes bears deep into GD's.

"Try me" GD challenges and as one, the other four take a step forward, ready to back up the leader anytime they are needed.

Junhyung looks at the five men one by one. He measures their strength and their determination, until finally he concedes. He knows a losing fight when he sees one.

He looks back at Mina and feels a tinge of jealousy but he quickly pushes it away. No, he's not suppose to feel. This is a mission after all. He remembers the caution saying that emotion will only hinders one power.

"Where are you taking her?" Junhyung asks, eyes still stuck on the rigid Mina. He seems not to notice how strange Mina is behaving.

"Home" Sol interjects before GD could speak. He doesn't want GD to have another argument with the mortal.

"Her home?" Junhyung asks, this time turning his face to Sol. Junhyung doesn't think too badly of the man with the mohawk. Other than the fact that he might have to kill him soon, the mohawk man doesn't look so bad.

"Of course. It is late after all" VI steps up, after noticing GD's hands turn into strong fist.

"Do you want me to take you home?" This time Junhyung addresses Mina while very much aware how his question only adds fire to the already burning man.

Slowly and with much effort, Mina's head turn left and right. Her eyes are furious yet there is nothing she can do.

"You want them to take you home?" Junhyung asks again to be certain. It annoys him greatly how GD could win this fight.

Like a robot, Mina's head move up and down but yet again, her eyes doesn't seem to agree. She stares in horror as Junhyung nods, accepting her decision.

"Fine" Junhyung gives up. "Call me once you're home, okay?"

"Mmph... mmph" Mina is dying to let her voice out but when GD is determined, his power is indeed too strong.

Junhyung pats Mina's head lovingly before he turns to the five men. He study them again carefully one by one and take a second longer when he studies GD, before he turns and walks away without saying another word.

Few minutes pass, yet none of the men speak. They all seem to be listening intently to Junhyung's step. Making sure he is way gone before they could utter a word. None of them have a reason behind the eerie feeling that they suddenly experiences. It's like their instinct is telling them to get ready for a fight. Yet they can't see any enemy nearby.

"I HATE ALL OF YOU!" The silence is finally broken by Mina's scream. "I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DO THAT TO ME!"

The men, surprised by the loud noise, finally notices the small fuming girl in front of them.

"YOU KNOW I CAN HURT YOU!" Mina screams out her frustration.

"Hey hey hey" VI quickly runs to her, after hearing her threat, trying to pacify her heart. "We only meant well. We are only concern for your safety"

As always, his heart trick works and her anger slowly subsides. "He's my brother's bestfriend. They've been friend since highschool. He's not one of those people that want to hurt me. Please trust him" She says exasperatedly.

"We'll have his background checked and his surrounding too. Just to make sure everything is safe before we let you off with him. Is that okay?" Sol answers, making sure not to offend her further. He has learnt his lesson to never aggravate Mina.

She stares at the five men. All of whom are looking at her innocently without blinking, except the leader who is now staring at the ground, looking extremely sour.

"Fine. Check him. Please. I can't have you doubting him everyday" She finally gives in. "I need you to not bother me on my next date"

She might not notice, but the rest of the boys are aware how her words angers the leader further. They pray that he would not blow at Mina and create more problem. After the disastrous training, one thing they all agree on is that to never anger Mina ever again.

"Let's go home. Seriously I need some good rest after that training" Sol groans and cracks his joints.

Mina chuckles, "Funny how you're the one that dreads sleep when I'm the one who had the trainings"

"Not really funny if you count the part where you almost murder us" Sol replies sourly, walking past Mina towards the exit gate.

Mina grins apologetically at the rest of the boys before she follows.

 

***

 

GD is laying flat on his back on the roof of Mina's house. The rest of the boys are snoring after GD assures them that he will be the lookout and let them have their rest. His mind is swirling with thoughts that he doesn't see how he's going to have a rest tonight.

Why did Mina saved him back then? She didn't know her power then, so what was her plan? Was she planning to sacrifice herself in order to save his life? Why? These thoughts are always running in his head ever since tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter