Birth

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Mina looks at each faces, trying to find a crack that shows their dishonesty but she sees nothing. All of them stares at her with determination and loyalty, as they stand tall in front of the terrified girl. None of them make a sound, none of them make a move. Only heartbeat and occasional wind can be heard. They all seem to be waiting. Waiting for her reaction.

“I… I…” Mina stutters, can’t really find any coherent sentence in her head.

“Ask anything” GD says.

She shakes her head, “No… I can’t… I need to leave… I need to… I can’t… This is madness”

“Then go home… Sleep on it. You’ll wake up fresh tomorrow and we can start our training” Sol advices.

“TRAINING?!” She barely grasp the idea of magic and higher power but now he’s already talking about training?! What?!

“Yeah. Do you already know how to use your power?” DL his head.

“I know I can call animals and if it’s as easy as before, I don’t see any reason why I need any training!” she retorts.

“Your power can expand. Maybe you can control their mindset. Who knows” TOP chimes in.

“I don’t want my power to expand! I want it gone!” She yells.

“You don’t mean that!” VI gasps and clutches his chest.

“I don’t know what’s going on, I don’t know anything anymore so just please, I need to be alone!!” she screams before she runs away from the five weird and yet disturbingly good-looking boys.

 

***


The house is dark, indicating that the residents are already in deep slumber. Quietly, Mina tiptoed herself inside. She knows the time has ticked 12 and if her parents find out that she's out until this late at night, she will be punished for sure. She walks silently passing the lounge room when the LazyBoy couch turns slowly, scaring her.

"OMMA!!!" She screams in surprise, seeing her mother sitting on the couch looking at her judgingly.

"Where have you been?" Her mother's eyes are in slits.

"Huh? I... I was at Chaerin's" Mina quickly lies.

Her mother shakes her head, disappointed. "Chaerin called two hours ago, asking your where-about. Your phone is dead"

'Crap!' Mina thought. She didn't realise that her phone has been off the whole night.

"So? Where were you?" Her mother's voice is full of accusation. "A boy's house?"

"Omma!" She shriek, "No! I don't have any boy!"

Her mother is silent, simply staring at Mina, waiting for her excuse. Mina's shoulder falls. She wants to tell her mother everything that happened earlier but she knows she couldn't. What can she say anyway? 'Mother, I have superpower'? She can picture her mother signing consent for her admission to a mental asylum.

Mina walks sluggishly inside the living room and climbs onto her mother's lap. She is tired and in the brink of her sanity and she needs the warmth of her mother to calms her soul. She loves cuddling with her mother and this position is her favourite. Her mother slowly her hair as she leans her head on her mother's shoulder.

"Tell me" her mother demands.

Mina sighs, "You're not going to let it go, are you?"

"No. I'm your mother. What makes you think you can hide things from me?"

Slowly, Mina lifts herself up from her mother's lap and grabs her bag that she dropped unceremoniously on the floor earlier. Without saying another word to her mother, Mina makes her way towards the stairs, as if nothing happened and that her mother doesn’t exist.

"YA! Seo Mi Na!" Her mother calls. She only uses Mina's full name when she's really crossed.

Mina turns, her face is pale, drained and simply out of life. "Mom, please let this one go. I swear I didn't do anything stupid nor illegal"

Her mother stands and walk towards her daughter. Worry is in her eyes after seeing anguish fills Mina's face. "What's wrong darling?" She extends her hand to Mina's cheek.

"Nothing" Mina leans into her mother's palm.

Her mother feels alarmed. Mina is nothing but an energetic girl. She is always cheerful and happy. So when she is gloomy and weary, her mother knows that something is wrong.

"Did someone hurt you??" Her mother's voice shakes.

"Omma..."

"Did someone harassed you??"

"Omma...."

"Did someone UALLY abused you??" Her mother's voice is in full force. Loud and high as she shakes Mina's body.

"OMMA!!" Mina yells, flabbergasted by her mother's allegation. "No! Nothing like that!"

Her mother quiets and stares at her.

"It's... I don't know how to start... I met some people earlier..." Mina starts as her mother drops her hands. She knows that her mother will never judged her or treat her differently if she told her what happened. She's her mother, afterall.

"They told me a lot of things that are absurd to me. But they showed me what they were talking about..."

Her mother simply stares at her but her jaw is tightening.

"They told me who I am. Or who they think I am... They told me where I am from or who they think I am from..."

Her mother's breath quickens and her eyes slowly widens with every words Mina said.

"They told me where I should be, or where they think I should--"

"No!!" Her mother finally shrieks as cover her ears. She backs away from Mina, not wanting to hear anymore.

"Omma??" Mina walks forward.

"No!!!" Her mother shakes her head rapidly. "You can't!! You can't!! You can't take her away from me!!" She screamed at the ceiling.

"OMMA!!!" Mina shakes her mother, trying to snap her out of whatever it is that she's experiencing.

"No.... No.... No!!!!" Her body trembles and she begin to sob uncontrollably.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter