Date

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The time is ticking eight and Mina is still in her room, dressed nothing but her under garments. Her room is trashed with different outfits splattered around from her bed to her floor. She was late when she reached home and now she has no time to leisurely pick out an outfit for her first date with the man of her dream.

 

 

As she puts on a simple tube dress in lime green that suits the heat of summer, she hears the bell rings.

 

“Damn it!” She curses.

 

She knows time is not on her side and she has to make do with what she has put on. Tonight is the night that she had been dreaming from a long time and she curses the five boys for making her late. She runs around her room, trying to find matching shoes and matching bag when his mother shouts from below, telling her of her date’s arrival.

 

“I’m coming! I’m coming!” Mina put on the clasps of her heel as she jumps out of her room in one leg. She left her hair loose because she has no time to make a pretty cute little bun like how she intended.

 

As she walks down the stairs, her father looks up to her from downstairs. Looking at his expression, he doesn’t seem like he’s impressed.

 

“What are you wearing?” Her father asks authoritatively.

 

“A dress” She answers as she reaches the ground floor.

 

“That merely covers anything” He scowls.

 

She rolls her eyes, “Father, I bought this when I was out with you, remember? Now don’t try to be possessive and controlling on me. It doesn’t suit you” She winks playfully and makes way to the living room with her father shaking his head behind her.

 

The moment she walks into the room, Junhyung stands, showing her his manners. However, as his eyes caught her figure, his hormones fail him. His eyes widen and his heart stops for a second. She looks radiant and glowing, not the way he had expected. He hasn’t prepared himself for this.

 

“I’ve never seen you wearing that dress, honey” Her mother comments. She has been companying Junhyung since he arrived.

 

“I know” Mina smiles, “I could never find an appropriate event to wear it” She twirls, making the blush on Junhyung’s face more visible.

 

“She’s going to blow if you stare at her too long, Junhyung” Mina’s father has reached the living room and immediately notices how the boy is staring at his daughter far too intently.

 

“Ah” Junhyung bows as a greeting, partly to cover his embarrassment. “Annyeonghaseyo, abeoji”

 

“Yeah yeah” Mina’s father dismisses him uncaringly. Truth be told, he is always fond of Junhyung because of his good manners and his intelligence, but not tonight. Not when he is going to take his daughter out.

 

“Okay, father, mother” Mina addresses her parents, “We’ll be leaving first”

 

“Son” Mina father stops Junhyung as he starts to walk towards Mina. “You’re a smart kid. Do I need to tell you the details of what not to do?”

 

Junhyung gulps. He has been in this house far too often that he sometimes thinks that these people are his second parents. But tonight, he feels out of place. “Yes, abeoji. I will get her back at 12”

 

“What?!” Her father yells.

 

“Uh… Umm… I mean…” Junhyung takes a step back, surprised. “I mean, at 11 sir”

 

Mina rolls her eyes at her father’s protectiveness. “Dad, you know him since he was in high school!”

 

“Well we have to be careful regardless” Her father scoffs.

 

Mina sneers as she grabs Junhyung’s wrist and pull him towards the door. She knows she needs to be out of the house as soon as possible to limit her father’s nagging. If they stay there any longer, they might have to cancel the date all together. Junhyuk simply lets himself being pulled by Mina as he bows goodbye to her parents.

 

“Good night, mom and dad!” She waves cheerfully as she reaches outside to her parents that stand by the door.

 

Before her father closes the door, he whispers so that only Junhyung can hear. “Don’t do anything stupid. I know your parents.”

 

 

***

 

 

THUD!

 

Finally the last out of the five boys is free from the tight grasp of the tree branch. All of them are now panting and tending their aching arms, legs and butts as they sprawl on the hot concrete floor in the park. They had to resort to their strength to be able to get out of the trap.

 

They’ve weighed out their options beforehand, thinking that they could use their power to overcome the tree but what power do they have? Trees don’t have mind, so GD’s power is out of the question. Trees don’t have heart, so VI’s power is pathetic. Trees don’t have vision, so TOP’s power is no use. They were thinking of using DL’s, but then again, water will only excites trees, would it not? The last option was Sol’s but they would rather use their strength than being burnt alive.

 

“Let’s go!!” GD suddenly sprung up, ignoring the bruises on his body.

 

“Where are we going?” DL looks up at the leader while he massages his .

 

“To grab Mina, of course!!” GD announces, as if it’s the most logical thing they should do.

 

The rest of them groan, “Why the heck do we have to chase her now? She’s on a date” TOP complains.

 

“Exactly!” GD points at TOP far too fast that he forgot the reason behind his ‘exactly’.

 

Sol raises an eyebrow, “You want us to watch her date?”

 

“No” GD quickly stands straight with his ears slowly redden.

 

“You want us to stop the date” VI’s teases.

 

“Yes!” GD’s eyes bright up until he realise the weird look on each of the boys’ face. “…No?”

 

“Of course not! Why would we stop her from dating? She KO-ed us already, just give her the damn day off” DL rubs his sore , still annoyed because he just lose to a fight with a goddamn tree.

 

“Ya!” GD is irritated, he didn’t think his comrade wouldn’t want to do the same thing as he does, which is taking Mina as far away as possible from her date. “Her date could be aiming for her!” He reasons.

 

“Pfft. Yeah, aiming for her heart” VI scoffs. But none of the boys realise that GD tenses by VI’s statement.

 

‘Her heart? Why would that be aiming for her heart? It’s ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter