Training

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The park is secluded. Chimes of summer wind and croaking animals fill the serenity of the night. Only four boys and Mina are left in the park. GD had dragged the surrounding bench to the side to give them more space in the middle. Mina doesn’t know what they’re planning to teach her but the way they’re looking at her right now, it seems serious.

TOP sits himself on one of the benches, a distance away from where they are standing. He simply observes, showing no signs of interests. DL just came back after patrolling the surrounding for mortal civilians and report his findings to GD. GD smile in content before he turns to Mina.

“Ready?” GD raises an eyebrow at her.

“Nope” She answers quickly.

“I don’t really care if you’re ready or not” He strides towards her with much confidence that she instinctively took a step back.

He stops a few step in front of her, eyes digging deep into her orbs. “We’ll learn the basic”

“What basic? You don’t even have the same power as mine” She retort.

“The basic is control, Mina-ssi. No matter what the power is, the basic learning would always be control. And it’s the same method as everyone” Sol answers instead, taking a step closer towards her.

Mina likes this Sol guy. His eyes shine sincerity and tender and his words are always comforting. Compare those with the ones in front of her? Ugh. GD eyes are demanding, controlling and down right dominating. She thinks he needs to learn a thing or two about mannerism from his Mohawk friend.

“Now focus” GD instructs.

“What?”

“Focus” He repeats.

“Focus what?”

“Focus on controlling” He says as if it’s the simplest thing to do. From the corner of her eyes, she can see DL face palming himself.

“GD” DL steps in, “I think we need to elaborate how to focus”

“Is he really qualified at teaching these things?” Mina points at GD while asking DL.

Sol chuckles, “GD doesn’t really teach people. VI, DL and I are usually in charge of these things”

“Then you guys can teach me. Let this weirdo sit with the other weirdo” She talks to Sol, disregarding the slowly fuming GD.

“Ya. Gaia herself told me to teach you. Don’t tell me to disobey her orders” GD snarls.

“Ya! Do you want to teach me? I don’t think so. Just go sit down on the benches and let these guys teach me” She replies.

GD gritted his teeth, “Seriously, lady. I followed you around this afternoon and waited until you come to your senses, which never came, and I had to resort to use my power to finally stop you. So shut that trap of yours and listen to me”

“You think you can scare people like that? Cut your seaweed hair first before I can take you seriously” Mina folds her hands on her chest. She can hear stifled laughter from the rest of the boys.

GD growls but without saying anything, he grabs her by both shoulder and turn her body in one quick motion that makes her yelps. Her back is now facing him and he is holding her shoulder tightly, to show his dominance. She is now facing the trees surrounding them and she can hear faint noises of the night creatures.

He leans forward to her right ear and whispers, “Focus”

“How the hell--”

She was about to complain when her body freezes again and this time even her lips are clamped tight. He’s using his power again! She can’t do anything but to look straight into the lines of trees while his hands tightly holding her arms. She wants to scream but only muffled sounds come out of her sealed mouth.

“FO-CUS” He says again. His breath tickles her ears, giving her goose bumps all over.

“GD, I don’t think she knows---”

“Oh, she knows. Trust me” GD cuts Sol’s sentence.

Silence enveloping them while Mina’s mind goes frantic but her body is rigid. She can sense the boys are waiting with anticipation for whatever that is supposed to happen to her.

‘They want me to focus? How the hell am I supposed to do that? Heck, I couldn’t even focus during study period, let alone at night in the middle of the park with four weird boys around me!’ She thought

“Mina-ssi, try closing your eyes… It’ll help” Sol says softly.

“Step out of it, Sol. I got this” GD snaps.

“Yeah, I can really see that you are teaching her well” Sol replies sarcastically to which GD simply huffs.

“Ya” GD shakes her body slightly, “Close your eyes”

Mina snorts. ‘Seriously, if this is what he thinks a proper lesson is, then I want to meet his teacher!’ She curses mentally.

Nonetheless, she ultimately complies and shuts her eyes. She just wants to get it done and over with. She doesn’t really know what is supposed to happen if she focuses but normally, it is not something that can be seen by people, right? You could pretend to look serious and people would think that you’re focus. She had used that tricks many times during class.

Ten minutes pass with nothing happens. She closes her eyes, she evens out her breath, and she tries to listen to the winds like they told her to but nothing happens. She keeps on acting like she is in her zone but the boys don’t seem to be satisfied. What is it that they’re looking for anyway?

“Anyone misses me?” A loud chirpy voice ruins the tranquility. Instinctively, Mina opens her eyes to see the coming man.

GD groans while Sol and DL moans in unison.

“What?” VI shot them an innocent look.

He notices Mina’s frozen body being held hostage by GD and his face bright up, “Ah, you guys are already started!”

“Yeah and you ruined it” GD snarls.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter