Rest

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the bell rings, Chaerin, Dara, Bom and Minzy are all waiting outside of Mina's classroom, ready to ambush her when she plans on sneaking out like she has been doing lately.

The last time the five of them hangs after school was probably last week, and even then, they were disturbed by the five men that Mina said were her primary school friends. At first, Dara, Bom and Minzy believed her story, but Chaerin successfully convinced them that Mina lied.

All of them noticed the changes in Mina lately. She has become more jumpy and she seems to be tired all the time. Her usual perkiness and positive attitude doesn't blindly shine the way it used to.

As Mina walks out, Dara quickly grabs her right hand while Bom captures her left hand. Minzy jumps behind her and lock her with a back hug while Chaerin jumps in front of her with her arms folded on her chest.

"Wah!!" Mina screamed. For a second she thought she was being attacked.

"Stop exaggerating" Chaerin slaps Mina's head softly.

"Oh" Mina finally regain her composure. "Hey guys..." she smiles sheepishly.

"Where are you going today?" Bom asks, still clutching to her arm tightly.

"Um... no where. Just home" Mina answers timidly. She knows that her friends no longer buys her lame excuses every time she slips away to go to her trainings.

"Shall we go to the mall? Its Friday!" Minzy chirps excitedly.

"Um..." Mina's mind is working extra to carve out a new excuse.

"What is it this time? You want to take your brother to the doctor because he suddenly can't drive? You want to go to a hardware store because a flower died?" Chaerin looks at her, unimpressed.

"Chaerin-ah..." Mina feels guilty all over. She wants her friend to know what's she has been doing but the other five said that it is against the law.

"Let's go to the mall! There's a new little cafe that I want to try" Dara decides before she drags Mina's body along with her and the others follow.

 

***

 

The cafe is packed with girls their age, wanting to try the new hip thing in town. Most of them busy taking pictures with the cute decoration while some are busy gossiping away. Mina's group is the latter.

"That Wooyoung guy, the one that sent me letters, he called to my house last night!" Chaerin complains.

"OMO! He has guts!" Bom shrieks.

"Well, he's been desperate to have you but you can't even bother to reply to his letters" Dara stirs her drink.

"Yeah well, who writes letters anymore anyway! It's so lame! We have kakaotalk, we have emails, heck we have instagram if he wants to talk! Instead he did what his father did, write letters" Chaerin sneers, making the girls laugh.

Mina enjoys her time with the girls. It has been awhile since she talk about normal average teenage things. It feels like decades since she last had a normal conversation with normal people.

"So how is your G20 Summit, Dara?" Mina asks.

Dara snorts, "it was hell. Apparently they never considered me as a candidate for the student exchange program. They just wanted me to participate in the Summit so that I could prettied up the place"

The girls laughs again. This is always Dara's problem. She is too pretty that people cannot consider her seriously. They all just want her to stand still and be pretty for the rest of the average looking girls to worship.

"By the way Minzy, what is going on with your eyebrow? You seem to have forgotten half of them" Bom stares deeply into Minzy's face.

Minzy's hand quickly jumps to her face to try and cover her eyebrows. "Is it that noticeable?" She panics.

"Well I realise something was different with you but can't tell what until I realise your brows" Bom tries to pries away Minzy's hand to have another look. Now the rest of the girls are staring too.

Minzy pouts before she lowers her hand, as one, the girls lean forward to have a better look at her eyebrows. "I blew up my chemical concoction today and I didn't wear my googles. It burnt my eyebrows"

As one the girls erupts into a big laughter that everyone in the cafe turns and look. Minzy can only pouts and looking sour.

"Enough about me! I still can't believe Junhyung asks for a second date after that disastrous one" Minzy tries to take the attention away from her. "I mean, he must've love you"

Mina's cheeks instantly glow red, "OMO! Love me?? I wish..." she swoons.

"I think he is too! I mean, guys would hate it when the first date was so troublesome that they wouldn't even bother to take the girl home!" Dara agrees, and it only blushes Mina even more.

"Yeah well, I think Mina and Junhyung are a sure thing. We might as well wait for a wedding invitation in few years time" Chaerin sips her milkshake loudly.

Mina's head immediately filled with the image of her wedding. It'll have to be a garden wedding with white flowers decorating the whole place. She'll wear a white flowing dress with flower crown perched on top of her head. There'll be birds singing as she walks down the isle and when she got near, GD, with his white tuxedo and a sobering smile, would turns and grabs her hand.

Mina cease her imagination immediately after seeing GD's face instead of Junhyung in her mind. She cannot believe what her mind could do. What the hell is GD doing in my altar? Why is it not Junhyung? Has spending time with the boys too much makes her sanity disappear?

Mina was still struggling with her self when the table suddenly become quiet. She stops and look at each of the girls' faces who are all looking past her. They have their mouth open and their eyes almost rolling down the floor. After a second, Mina notices that the whole cafe is doing the same thing. All are salivating over something or someone behind her.

Without having to look, she could already guess who stands behind her. After a deep sigh, she slowly turns.

The five men are standing in the threshold of the cafe, looking like they just jumped out of a fashion magazine. They had changed their outfit into a more casual ones. They had their hair messed and the rips on their jeans added the bad boy effect. They look smouldering hot.

Once Mina spots them, they walk casually inside. Most of them are oblivious to the stares, only VI who seems to bask in the glory of being ogle by girls as his strides seems to have a spring with each step.

"Hi" GD greets once they reach their table.

The girls are quiet still, unashamedly staring at the five delicious men standing before them.

"I'm hanging out with my friends" Mina says. She does not want GD to pull her away again like he did the last time.

"I can see that" he answers with a tone so light, Mina doesn't believe her ears. "We were just shopping ourselves"

Mina rolls her eyes, "you? Shopping?"

"Yeah. We got some good stuff

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter