Revelation

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I follow the five men involuntarily towards a secluded gazebo near the small lake in the park. The time in my watch already showed 9 and I know I am going to get into a lot of trouble once I arrive home. However, the event happened earlier was too absurd to be let go. They seem to know a lot about me. A lot of me that I, myself, don’t even know.

“I think here would be fine” The man that introduced himself as Sol walks inside the gazebo.

We all follow him inside the gazebo and the boys quickly claimed their own spot. The man with the mint hair sit on the edge of the railings, the man with the chestnut shaped hair leans on one of the pillars, the blonde man leans onto the railings next to the mint man while the other two, the man called Sol and the one who introduces himself as GD stands tall in the middle as they watch me.

We stay in silent. Me watching them one by one, measuring their sanity, while them staring at me with indescribable look.

“So….” I shift my weight from one foot to another.

“What do you want to know?” GD his head.

“I want you to explain everything” I declare, not scared by his glare.

“I can do that” He nod, “But first thing’s first, do you know what you can do?”

“Huh?”

“Your power. Do you know what it is?” He points at me.

“Wha---” I look around the gazebo, trying to gain some sense from the other boys but all of them seem to be waiting for my answer.

“Come on, Mina-ya! I think you showed me earlier!” the annoying VI says exasperatedly.

“YA! It’s Mina-ssi to you!” I glare at him and he raise his hands in mock surrender.

I sigh, seeing all of them waiting expectedly at me. “I don’t know. I guess…. I could call animals…?”

“Is that a question? If it is, we can’t answer you. You’re the only one who knows the answer” GD says coolly, folding his arms on his chest.

“ARGH! Alright, alright! I call animals!!” I let it out and I can see a proud smirk on VI’s face.

“You’ve admitted that fact since earlier” Sol says, piercing his eyes at me.

“What do you mean?”

“You. The moment that squirrel--”

“It’s name is GD” VI interrupts Sol and GD quickly snarls making VI squirms.

Sol shakes his head and continue, “When that squirrel went to you, you’ve admit the fact of your power”

“I didn’t…” I shake my head.

“You did. Whether it’s subconsciously or consciously, you did. If you didn’t, Thanatos wouldn’t have sent his minions to do his dirty deeds earlier. What surprises me is that he acts really fast. Too fast, in fact.”

“Hold up” I raise my hand to stop Sol. “Thanatos?? Dirty deeds?? None of this makes sense!!” I shriek.

Sol sighs in defeat, “You explain it, GD” and make his way next to VI, watching GD and I converse in the middle.

GD clears his throat and plumps his ruffled jacket, “So… I’ve told you earlier about God and everything else, right?”

I nod mindlessly.

“Now, here comes the good part…” He smirks, “You’re in it too”

Silence.

Another silence.

Further silence.

“HUH?!!!” I shriek out all of my confusion.

“What do you expect? Do you think it’s normal for humans to be able to call animals?” VI interjects, looking bored out of his mind.

“Are you saying I’m not normal??!” My voice is high and screeching.

“No” GD shakes his head. “I’m saying you’re not human”

“I’m leaving” I turn around, finally realise how mad these all are and I am mad too if I entertain them all.

“WHAT??” DL jumps.

“Want us to show you?” GD’s voice is calm but I can here seriousness in his tone.

I stop on my track, not knowing whether to turn and being fooled even more or run away and forever hides my curiosity. As always, curiosity wins.

I slowly turn and see a victorious grin on every boy’s face.

“I give you a minute to show me” I fold my arm and put my weight on my left leg, tapping my right foot on the wooden floor to show my impatience.

“I’ve shown you mine” GD tilts one eyebrow.

“For all I know, that w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter