First Wish

The Reality of Mythology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The park is secluded in the night time. No one is around, giving the most privacy to the five men who are circling a girl in the middle. The five men, with their powerful stance and demanding aura are looking helplessly at the girl in the middle. The girl is smiling triumphantly at them in return.

 

“I don’t want to kill her anymore, Sol.” GD says through gritted teeth, “I want to kill you instead”

 

“I said I’m sorry okay! I didn’t know that Gaia’s descendant is also a devil advocates!” Sol points at the grinning girl in the middle.

 

“So, let me get this straight, Mina-ssi” DL says slowly, still shock by the girl’s announcement. “Your idea of playing is... using your wish on us?”

 

“Yes” Mina nods firmly.

 

“And your wish is…” DL is too scared to even continue.

 

“A makeover” She states for the second time.

 

“Okay, kill me now. Somebody kill me now. It’s okay, tell Erubus that I died in peace knowing that I don’t have to do a makeover” TOP clenched his chest dramatically.

 

“Stop being so dramatic! It’s just a makeover!” She shrugs off all of the guys’ reluctance.

 

“Make over is another ways for a death sentence, Mina-ya!!” VI wails.

 

Mina shrugs, “Well, what can you do. I got my three wishes from each of you. I take one for a makeover”

 

“What did your mother fed you when you were little?! I think they don’t feed you enough love! You are evil, I tell you! Evil!” The ever so calm and mysterious TOP is now gone.

 

Mina chuckles, “Are we ready now?”

 

“There’s no way I’m doing a makeover and that’s final” GD declares firmly. His eyes are boring through Mina’s skull.

 

Mina scoffs, “Hmph, so I guess descendants can break promises…”

 

GD growls, much to Mina’s delight.

 

Sol sighs dejectedly, “Just get this done and over with, guys. Make over won’t kill us”

 

“Easy for you to say! You’re the one who got us into this mess!!” TOP points at Sol in hatred.

 

“Ya! If we’re playing the blame game, then blame GD for accepting this case!!” Sol retorts loudly before he turns and smile apologetically at Mina, “No offense, Mina-ssi”

 

“None taken” Mina shrugs it off, “I only come up with this idea because you guys embarrassed me at school. I mean, look at how you guys dressed!! Who wears capes and long coats during summer?!”

 

“Ya!! This is how respectful descendants dressed!!” VI straightens his long coat.

 

“Well what about that guy?!” Mina points her manicured finger at GD who looks surprise by the sudden attention, “I’m sure that’s not how a respectful descendants should have his hair!”

 

TOP involuntarily laughs, followed by DL and VI. Sol was about to follow but stops once GD nudges him hard on his ribs, making him wince.

 

“You know I can kill you in seconds, right?” GD hisses. The murderous plan of Gaia’s descendant bubbling up again in his head.

 

“Pfft, do it, then! I dare you” She challenges, surprising the annoyed GD.

 

“Alright, alright… I think Sol is right” DL grabs GD to refrain him from aiming to kill, “We did gave her our promise and she is now entitled to claim it. I mean, makeover wouldn’t be so hard, would it?”

 

DL didn’t know how wrong he is.

 

***

 

Everyone looks at the metropolitan city in a mixture of disgusts and fear. The buildings are still brightly lit and the roads are busier than ever. Mina had managed to take the boys to Dongdaemun, a place where shop never closes. It took all of her patience dragging the five boys to the city but she managed it.

 

“So” She says, after letting the boys scan the area. “We are going shopping”

 

“In here?” VI asks apprehensively.

 

“Yes, in here” She nods.

 

“What can you get in here?” TOP looks around the area anxiously.

 

TOP was not from South Korea in his previous mortal life. He lived in Barcelona, Spain, where high-end fashion is their daily meal. Looking around at the street stalls and malls with little stores scare him less. He never thought he would have to shop in a small joint with four of his comrades.

 

“There are tons of stuff in here” She gestures the area. “And at a very cheap price! You see those lines of street stalls next to the subway entrance? They have a lot of different clothes and jewelleries you guys can buy!”

 

“Now I know why you don’t like it here, GD” TOP whispers as they cross the street.

 

GD is silent, taking the surroundings in. He’s been here before; he’s been here numerous of times. When he would have no place to sleep, he would sleep in the subway underground passage with old newspaper as his mattress. Everything was fine during summer but when winter came, he would be grinding his teeth just to bear the cold.

 

“TA-DA!!!” Mina spreads her arms as they arrive in the street stalls of Dongdaemun.

 

“Oh dear Gaia, please tell me she’s joking” VI stares pleading at the sky.

 

Mina pouts, not getting the excitement back from the guys, before she turns and begin to skip her way from one stall to another, scanning items of clothings that she thinks is suitable for the boys. The boys stay rooted, not following Mina. They look at each other hesistantly before GD finally sighs in defeat.

 

“YA!” GD calls Mina loudly, making the latter turn. “Come”

 

“No, you guys come! Don’t waste more time! Find your own treasures here!” Mina stubbornly says.

 

“I said…. Come” GD hiss and as he says his last word, Mina’s body moves by itself and it begin to march back towards the boys. Mina has experienced this for few times now that she can only pouts as her body moves by itself.

 

 “You guys promised” She folds her arms on her chest.

 

“We promised for a make over, not shopping with rats!” VI shrieks. He’s never exposed with the lower-class people when he was mortal.

 

“There’s no rats here!! Well okay maybe one or two, but that’s not the point! The point is they have a wide range of clothing and accessories at a really cheap price! I mean, paying for clothes for five boys will be hell if we were to buy in stores and--” Before Mina could finish

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter